collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Resolved: FSF Lalana's hair color (photos added)  (Read 507 times)

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
Resolved: FSF Lalana's hair color (photos added)
« on: January 21, 2013, 03:12:31 AM »
So, I recently got my hands on a Fashion Star Filly Lalana in poor condition -  judging by the amount of dirt she was covered in, she had probably spent the last 20 years or so in a potato cellar. Her tail has been cut, she suffers from paint loss and is in need of some serious defrizzing. What struck me about this filly is that she has yellow and pink striped hair, though partially faded when it comes to the pink stripes. What remains of the tail is striped as well. I never saw a Lalana IRL before and I expected her to have uniformly yellow hair, because this is what most photos and info sites claim. I can't post photos of mine right now (I'm at the uni and the filly is at home) but I'll add some later if needed.

So, dear Lalana owners, the question is: do there exist several versions of Lalana, or do they all have striped hair, which would mean that the FSF sites around are just plain wrong? :blink:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:24:30 AM by mul-ta »

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed: FSF Lalana's hair color
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 04:38:15 AM »
are you sure you have lalana and not fallon?

lalana should have all yellow hair.  fallon has yellow and pink striped hair.

fallon: http://fashionstarfillies.com/sixteens/fallon.htm

lalana: http://fashionstarfillies.com/sweetscent/lalana.htm

if it actually is lalana with stripes, she was somehow altered.  I've never heard of an alt sweet scent FSF.

(you should know for sure that you have lalana, because the points on her legs are translucent/clear.  fallons are not)

looking into a re-branding.

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
Re: Help needed: FSF Lalana's hair color
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 06:32:38 AM »
Quote from: Buddafly
I've never heard of an alt sweet scent FSF.

Exactly what puzzles me! It indeed is Lalana, and I have reason to believe it is her original hair. Click on the pics below for larger versions.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is Lalana when I got her. She came in an inexpensive lot from France with 3 other more or less dirty, tangled and/or baity fillies. I first thought her hair was simply a discolored yellow. However, when cleaning her, I noticed she really has regular albeit partially faded pink stripes that continue all the way inside her and are still pink at the roots.

I have washed, conditioned and braided her hair (the straightening will have to wait till I have access to some defrizzing device), so sorry about the wavy pics, there are almost too many reflections to see clearly. 

Her hair looks and feels like genuine FSF hair. The horse shows no signs of having been opened: there is an intact paint layer over the seams. The strip the mane is attached to is somewhat loose in the slit; at least nothing has been glued there posthumously. The tail stump is attached to the original plug.

Here's a sample of some yellow and pink-faded-to-white hair on white paper. Sorry about the bad lighting, I don't have much daylight at this time of the year.

So... I don't know what to think.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:48:39 AM by mul-ta »

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed: FSF Lalana\\\'s hair color (photos added)
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 06:51:34 AM »
huh.  how odd.

I'm gonna dig around a little on this.  I'm very curious about this apparent variation, because you're right - there are definitely stripes in her hair!

Post Merge: January 21, 2013, 06:53:20 AM

no, I stand corrected.  I finally dug out my girl now that my husband is up, and she does have pink stripes in her hair!  I never noticed them before because they're so subtle!

will upload pics as soon as I can get a decent one.

Post Merge: January 21, 2013, 07:00:48 AM

very obvious on the tail

more subtle on the mane

it had been so long since I looked at my girls!  I think I need to go back through them and reacquaint myself with all of them :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:00:48 AM by Buddafly »

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
Re: Help needed: FSF Lalana's hair color (photos added)
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 07:15:54 AM »
:enthralled: Just like mine, with the exception that life has treated her more kindly! Thanks a lot for the photos, Buddafly! I guess we can invert the question: does there exist an alternate Lalana with plain yellow hair or don't people simply have eyes to see the pink stripes?

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 09:57:59 AM »
Well, im glad you ere able to find out :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 10:23:57 AM »
Well, im glad you ere able to find out :)

Me too :happy: I'm new enough to the FSF world to have never seen some of the more elusive fillies IRL; besides, they are not exactly easy to come by where I live.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:27:00 AM by mul-ta »

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
Re: Resolved: FSF Lalana's hair color (photos added)
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 05:33:34 PM »
:enthralled: Just like mine, with the exception that life has treated her more kindly! Thanks a lot for the photos, Buddafly! I guess we can invert the question: does there exist an alternate Lalana with plain yellow hair or don't people simply have eyes to see the pink stripes?

I'm thinking that people just don't see the stripes.  I want to PM cattrah and see if she realizes it herself (she owns the filly catwalk)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 08:14:04 PM »
So glad you figured it out!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Cattrah

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 10:34:26 AM »
Just thought I'd post a few pictures of mine. Def pink in both mane and tail but very subtle in the mane. My French NRFB also has the same pattern. Very difficult to tell since the cellophane is yellowed, but this is certainly the standard, not a variation, and no solid yellow variation that I know of. I know I keep promising, but I am going to update the site one of these days! I have so many new goodies to share.

http://www.cattrah.com/pics/IMG_8800.JPG
http://www.cattrah.com/pics/IMG_8803.JPG
http://www.cattrah.com/pics/IMG_8804.JPG
http://www.cattrah.com/pics/IMG_8806.JPG

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 12:34:16 PM »
cattrah, thank you for sharing yours! At the very least I can tell that the NRFB Frenchie's forelock is half pink, exactly like my Lalana's, so striped she is. What perhaps helped me see the stripes (and has caused others not to notice them) is that I happened upon a faded Lalana because they are indeed very subtle when true-pink.
Also, Filly Catwalk updates = yes please! I'm looking forward to seeing your filly treasures!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal