collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: cleaning dirty ponies  (Read 648 times)

wyndstar

• Trade Count: (0)
cleaning dirty ponies
« on: January 20, 2013, 10:38:49 PM »
hey! so i've got a baity baby moondancer i want to turn into a baby gusty, but it looks like in her previous life she lost a fight with a mud puddle. there's so much dirt and ick inside her body. i've given here a couple baths and tried to get some dirt out with a bristled flosser thing.. lol dunno what it's called... like a tooth pick but with tiny bristles to go in between your teeth... and she's just not coming clean.

are there any tricks to getting the dirt out? since she's a baby she's got a tiny neck hole and i don't think a toothbrush is going to get into the crevices. at what point do you give up and leave the dirt??

Thanks!

Offline bluemoondreams

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: cleaning dirty ponies
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 01:08:21 AM »
you could try a childs tooth brush. Have you also tried putting some gentle soap onto the brush when you clean? Washing up liquid is often good I've descovered. The other one I've done before is left it to soak over night. I don't know if nay of that will help.

jelzar

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 02:43:49 PM »
you could try using q-tips/cotton buds to get in to the hard to get areas, they usually do the trick for me

wyndstar

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 04:59:35 PM »
yah used dish soap and soaked the poor baby overnight. but q-tip is a brilliant idea! so i'll try that and let you guys know :)

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 06:26:21 PM »
If it is available in your area, use oxy clean! It really cleans the rust out and you have to do very little extra scrubbing. Good luck!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline anthologia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • a collection : gathering flowers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »
Depending on whether you're doing a full-body repaint, a little bleach might help. I used that for a Baby Surprise that had rust and mold and generally pretty gross insides.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal