collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is Your Reason to Collect?  (Read 1124 times)

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What is Your Reason to Collect?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 09:32:44 PM »
I like cute things is why.

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 12:04:59 AM »
That is such a good question. I personally collect ponies because I love horses.  My parents bought them for me as a child and as I grew up I went through stages of ponies and non-pony collecting.  For the most part I still own my childhood ponies although my mother did get rid of most of them.  Pony collecting has become a hobby.  I collect ponies now because I love them.  Every time I get a new one in awesome condition it makes my day. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 01:56:55 AM »
i like collecting because it brings back memorys of my niany and taidy and my mum they got me alot of them and as they are no longer with me have got alot of sentimental attachment for me i like getting  ponies i havent got but i also like getting the older ponies out of thair storage boxes and dusting and cleaning them . i also collect sindy horses :) xaflame

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 06:08:25 AM »
I collect because it makes me happy. I'm pretty broke these days, so I don't really add to the collection much eventhough I have a HUGE wishlist. lol. However, I have really great friends, family, and husband. Guess what most of my Chirstmas and birthday presents are. ;)

Glitzy: Your story brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing. You are an amazingly strong person. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

CottonTALE

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 07:15:36 AM »
When I was growing up, I had only one pony. I don't know if she wa a fakie or anything, but she was pink with red hair (I called her my strawberry pony :)) but my father decided to throw her out when I was younger and I resented him for it. I'm still trying to find someone just like her.

But I got into collecting in November 2012 when my fiancee bought me a Wedding Fluttershy and a Wedding Rarity. I had the memories of bringing my strawberry pony everywhere I went when I was little and I have been collecting G4's ever since to keep her memory.

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 08:59:50 AM »
They brought me alot of happniess when I was little. So they bring back alot of good feelings and memories from when I was a little kid. I love to look at all there colors and symbols on them. There kind eyes and little smiles on there faces. :) They bring me alot of happniess and that is why I have them still in my life.

Mostly this is why I collect too. I could stare at them all day lol
I also love getting new ones in the mail to add to my herd. My mom bought me Cherries Jubilee when I was 5 and I was hooked from then on...ponies were pretty much the only toys I wanted and got as a kid so I had a pretty big herd back then and I still have all my childhood ponies. I just love ponies!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sokkis

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 10:57:34 AM »
A very good question! Really!
My reason for collecting is that I really need something to make me happy. I'm diagnosed with trauma based depression and ponies (among knitting and such) make me happy. They are cute, colorful, happy, kind, every girls dream! I only had few G1's as a child, so this is partly making my inner child happy. :)
I also want to teach my kids a lesson - toys are not just for children, you're allowed to like them as an adult. And if you take good care of them, they'll last a long, long time. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:59:06 AM by Sokkis »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 11:03:46 AM »
I love to read and see why everyone collects ponies :) I know there are other things out there that we can collect. But there is just something about these little ponies. I never thought that I would pick My Little Ponies over Breyer horses.  Maybe its all there differnt colors and that I can interact with them. I am not sure why..........But all I know is that I am happy with them :)

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 11:07:02 AM »
Well, I guess the simple reason would be that they make me feel secure.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

RedSH

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 11:57:40 AM »
I just love them for no real reason!
I didn't give them a second thought really between when I was a child and when my parents found them in their loft.
Once I had them in my house they just somehow managed to get into my heart and now I adore them and want more!!

DemureGirl

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 12:04:38 PM »
My reasons are a lot like NoPonySpecial.

I had a few g1's that my cousin gave me that I then gave back for her children around 10 years ago. When I got into FIM I thought I would buy back my favourite of the ponies I used to have to cheer myself up (my boyfriend was away for ALL of that December). So I bought Gypsy and fell in love with her.
I had planned to only buy her but thought that she might be a bit lonely so I bought her some friends... and some more friends... and some more!
Now, just over a year later, Gypsy has a TON of friends

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 12:34:19 PM »
Puzzle meets Treasure Hunt   :)

When people say "I just don't get the whole collecting thing", I tell them it's the challenge of a puzzle with the thrill of a treasure hunt.  For me, I collect in sets. I enjoy seeing the whole picture.  So I'm always looking for those puzzle pieces to make my sets complete, and finding them is like trying to find hidden treasure, following leads, trading and making deals with other collector pirates :P, finally finding the treasure.   People seem to understand why I enjoy it when I put it like that. 

Plus, it's a fun and easy way for an introvert like me to meet people.

And why ponies?  Nostalgia. Happy childhood memories.  I got my first one when I was 5 years old, and over a 100 during the rest of my childhood. They were my favorite toys.  And they are HIGHLY collectible because there are so many.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:37:58 PM by ashlyne »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 03:20:47 PM »
Putting aside the obsessive compulsive collector in me :P

Its really simple - happy memories from childhood started me out, a fun & colourful toy got me hooked and that there is always something new to learn as well as the warm and wonderful community which surrounds MLP keeps me here :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal