collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Plush green dragon?  (Read 564 times)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
Plush green dragon?
« on: January 19, 2013, 05:38:16 PM »
Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I did an arena search for "plush dragon," and also searched hathorcat's "Out Now and Coming Soon" thread and could not find it.

I was searching on e-bay for princess dragons (who knows why? not like I can afford them right now) and several sellers had multiples of this plush green dragon that has eight legs and red in its eyeballs, with some squigglies sewn into it. It is labeled as an FiM/MLP item.

I've not seen every episode of FiM, but I don't remember this character. Is this plush legit, and if so, who is it?
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
Re: Plush green dragon?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 05:42:23 PM »
The dragon is "Crackle," and he appears in an episode where Spike goes out to learn more about his dragon heritage and falls in with a bad crowd. The Mane 6 have made a disguise so that they can blend in with the dragons, but it looks rather silly, leading to this joke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-4IVATfN2g

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 05:42:48 PM »
It's Crackle.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Crackle shows up in the episode where Spike goes to hang out with other Dragons. Twilight and the other ponies dress up like her too.

The plush is however, a Chinese knockoff of a fanmade plush I believe.

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 05:51:58 PM »
It's Crackle.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Crackle shows up in the episode where Spike goes to hang out with other Dragons. Twilight and the other ponies dress up like her too.

The plush is however, a Chinese knockoff of a fanmade plush I believe.

Oh yeah, I did see that episode! I just wasn't thinking about that one because it wasn't one of the main dragons/characters in the episode :lol:

Thanks!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 09:23:55 AM »
There are quite a few of these knock offs floating around now - Spike, Crackle, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Dr Whooves, Vinyl Scratch, Pinkie Pie, Apple Jack. I havent put them in the Coming Soon thread as they are completely unlicensed so it would feel a little bit naughty to let people think they are widely out there.

The numbers of these available is amazing and I would like to think the popularity of them would encourage HB to produce better plush than the current offered.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 10:26:09 AM »
There are quite a few of these knock offs floating around now - Spike, Crackle, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Dr Whooves, Vinyl Scratch, Pinkie Pie, Apple Jack. I havent put them in the Coming Soon thread as they are completely unlicensed so it would feel a little bit naughty to let people think they are widely out there.

The numbers of these available is amazing and I would like to think the popularity of them would encourage HB to produce better plush than the current offered.

Oh no, I wasn't saying that you should! I just wanted anyone to know I'd done my due diligence to try and find my answer before coming and starting a new thread. I agree, it's less confusing with only "official" stuff in your thread. :blush:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 12:57:18 PM »

Oh no, I wasn't saying that you should! I just wanted anyone to know I'd done my due diligence to try and find my answer before coming and starting a new thread. I agree, it's less confusing with only "official" stuff in your thread. :blush:

Lol - I love it "due diligence" - I do that too but sometimes the information is no where to be found!

Dont worry I know you didnt mean that - I didnt mean to sound defensive :hug: I was just explaining why I thought I shouldnt include them.

Honestly I probably would if they even came from a confirmed fakie company but the lack of labels and general info just makes them a little too boot leg ish.

Does that make sense? Or do people think they should be added?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal