collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about 'Princess Sets' (UK)  (Read 752 times)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Question about 'Princess Sets' (UK)
« on: January 19, 2013, 09:42:38 AM »
Okay so I've got a possibly slightly noobish question right here.

I was looking through the new Argos catalogue and they do have a very small selection of pony stuff featured, which is 'Royal Wedding' themed by the looks of it.

They're adveterising what they are calling the 'Princess Set' and the featured picture is a set featuring a white Celestia and Pinkie Pie. Has anyone seen this set before?
It does say 'selection may vary' so I guess they have several combinations of ponies and princesses? But I guess it's more likely 'Celestia and a random Mane 6'
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Question about 'Princess Sets' (UK)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
The two sets are Celestia and Pinkie Pie, and Luna and Rarity. I don't have photos on hand, but I'm sure somepony else does. They're part of the Crystal Empire line, so I think Celestia and Luna have tinsel in their manes, and they have the hexagon shine on their eyes. I'm very glad they've turned up in Argos! I'd heard of them being found in Smyths and Toymasters, but those are miles away from me (Smyths is over 100km!) so Argos us definitely closer to home! Thanks for the heads up!
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 10:02:49 AM »
The two sets are Celestia and Pinkie Pie, and Luna and Rarity. I don't have photos on hand, but I'm sure somepony else does. They're part of the Crystal Empire line, so I think Celestia and Luna have tinsel in their manes, and they have the hexagon shine on their eyes. I'm very glad they've turned up in Argos! I'd heard of them being found in Smyths and Toymasters, but those are miles away from me (Smyths is over 100km!) so Argos us definitely closer to home! Thanks for the heads up!
Ah thanks.
They're also in a 2 for 15GBP offer so I might try and wrangle boths sets. XD

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 10:08:56 AM »
I beleive the sets are : Celestia and Pinki Pie, and  Luna and Rarity

I think the argos pack is the same as Smyths sell at the moment

http://www.smythstoys.com/my-little-pony-46sc/my-little-pony-princess-pack-126562itm.aspx?qwSessionID=48a23ce6-c9a6-46a1-8930-128fd273c586
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 10:14:49 AM »
I beleive the sets are : Celestia and Pinki Pie, and  Luna and Rarity

I think the argos pack is the same as Smyths sell at the moment

http://www.smythstoys.com/my-little-pony-46sc/my-little-pony-princess-pack-126562itm.aspx?qwSessionID=48a23ce6-c9a6-46a1-8930-128fd273c586
About the same price as Argos has listed, shame we don't have one of those anywhere near here. D:

Offline Lyra

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 10:21:49 AM »
About the same price as Argos has listed, shame we don't have one of those anywhere near here. D:

Smyths is annoyingly not a very commonly found toy shop :( The princess packs are still new hopefully more place will start stocking them :)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »
i click the link and saw this as well :

http://www.smythstoys.com/my-little-pony-46sc/lots-of-ponies-103012itm.aspx

are they mlp or fakies?
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 10:53:28 AM »

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »
Ah thanks.

Really? They're £10ish elsewhere. I'll have to find my nearest Argos next week/ask my mum nicely, then :D They're not listed on their website at the moment, sadly...
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 11:31:38 AM »
Thanks for the heads up! Annoyingly we don't have an Argos here anymore. Luckily there are only two different packs in that release so Argos probably won't mind if you ask for both to be different. I asked them to haul up their last Fashion Style pony for me in case it was another Fluttershy, luckily it was Pinkie.

Offline Lyra

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 11:49:35 AM »
Thanks for the heads up! Annoyingly we don't have an Argos here anymore. Luckily there are only two different packs in that release so Argos probably won't mind if you ask for both to be different. I asked them to haul up their last Fashion Style pony for me in case it was another Fluttershy, luckily it was Pinkie.

Oh wow I have the opposite problem, I need fluttershy - they only had rainbow and pinkie :(

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 01:12:54 PM »

Yeah, I wanted to grab some of their playful ponies as they supposedly have 18 different types, but I have all the main six, Lyra, and Trixie, and really didn't want to ask some poor sod to bring them all out. Feel much less guilty about asking for just two different sets =P Knowing my luck they'll only have one type in stock...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 03:01:51 PM »
Its a good old Argos "Assortment" option which means you are always best asking to see the item before you pay for the item. I think the packs come 2 per set to a box so your odds are even as to whether they have both in stock.

Good luck! I hope you can track them down.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 04:48:02 PM »

And it's off to Argos I go first thing tomorrow rather than the afternoon as planned :D

EDIT - ugh they must be updating the system then as they have a load of items with no picture that are coming up as £0.00  >_<

EDIT AGAIN - The talking Pinkie has gone back up from £12.99 to £24.99  :cry: That's who I was going to get tomorrow, can't afford her now   :cloud:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:52:00 PM by Pinkamena »

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 12:21:07 AM »

And it's off to Argos I go first thing tomorrow rather than the afternoon as planned :D

EDIT - ugh they must be updating the system then as they have a load of items with no picture that are coming up as £0.00  >_<

EDIT AGAIN - The talking Pinkie has gone back up from £12.99 to £24.99  :cry: That's who I was going to get tomorrow, can't afford her now   :cloud:
Agh
I guess its because they've only just started to release the new catalogue so there's probably some gitches in the system

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal