collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tornado Tail Advice? Pink or White? (1st Mtn Boy)  (Read 451 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Tornado Tail Advice? Pink or White? (1st Mtn Boy)
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:16:36 PM »
I'm the new proud owner of a Mountain Boy!
It's Tornado and he's my first one. Of course, he's not mint. A good portion of his tail is cut away & he's frizzed/dry hair. His head would come off easily so I pulled it off & pulled out his tail. I guess I was sort of surprised it was pink? (Supposed to be pink) the portion inside his body was pink. Like 99% of him I see around his hair is always white. My 1's mane is totally white, except the stripe. What should I do? What's appropriate for a Mountain Boy?

*He looks actually good with white hair. Matches the symbol and seems really appropriate
*Mane is white but COULD be repinked (I've repinked before w/original looking results)*I've got hair on hand that's fading pink or virgin snow white to match the mane, so it could go either way
*Since it's a MB...is it like our pony duty to make 100% original _no matter what_ ? I mean, he is special
*He's probably never going to leave my collection

I'm sort of at a crossroads because he looks good white but isn't "authentic" or "original" until he has all pink. And since MB is so rare I feel kind of obligated...so I thought to ask before I act. Any opinions are appriciated!

Offline darknessunisousboy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://darknesscustomshack.webs.com/
Re: Tornado Tail Advice? Pink or White? (1st Mtn Boy)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 01:35:19 PM »
mine was rehaired white and looks good. and he was my first montain boy

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:36:28 PM »
Go ahead and rehair with white hair if you like it on him. I think I have seen a few white rehair jobs on Tornado on ebay before anyways so you aren't alone! Especially since you like him enough to keep him in your personal collection ^.^

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 02:53:51 PM »
  I would give/leave him white, too. Any hair that isn't his original hair is going to be about the same worth anyway, resale-wise...but it sounds like that's not something you'll have to worry about anyway! :)
  I could be biased, though, because I also LOVE him with white hair. When I found out it's supposed to be pink, I was like "...ew."
I'll put something here some time

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 03:30:03 PM »
I would say if you're going to rehair or even just give him a new tail, go with white if that's what you prefer. It can always be re-pinked later. I'd probably see if the mane can be saved rather than rehair it, but that's up to you obviously.

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 03:43:14 PM »
Mine has a little bit of pink left in his hair, and even that has faded since I got him. I wouldn't rehair him unless you are very experienced or commission someone who is. You could try a gentle repinking, though. I'm not all "rare ponies must be 100% original blah blah" but Mountain Boys are too awesome to risk a less than perfect rehair unless they have serious mane damage when you get them. I have done several rehairs on various ponies, then had one turn out less than stellar even though I did it the same way. Just my opinion.

Congrats on your first Mountain Boy! :biggrin: Love them!
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 04:28:16 PM »
He certainly suits his hair white - but personally I like him with his pink hair :)

Personally I would try and restore his mane and then find him a white/fading pink donor tail - there are plenty of baity Posey's out there. That way you will have him with his white hair and if you prefered to re pink him in the future the option is always there.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Henpatch

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 04:43:04 PM »
I agree with others....whatever you like best is okay - he is your pony...
MY Tornado is neither white or pink (except around his tail-hole......so he is a bit in no-man's land. I wouldn't change him though.....time will make him whiter - might make a big mess if I tried to "pink" him! He is what he is!!!

Tornado

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my lovely Jumble pony

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »
I like him with white hair better :)

And I had one rehaired with original colors for me a few years ago, mane already faded to a very light pink. As he has a lot of hair together on the tail and not as much in the mane when you use pink the colors on tail and mane often seems different from each other (at least that was how i felt about the ones I had).

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal