collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ediquette question re:feedback Update 1-18-13  (Read 1162 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Ediquette question re:feedback Update 1-18-13
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 05:50:18 AM »
I am glad to hear that she has communicated with you and offered an apology.  :)

I am curious though as to what the item was because depending on what it was, I might be interested. I am looking for a couple things right now that I have had a hard time acquiring.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 07:41:54 AM »
Oh it was nothing like that (nothing hard to find in my opinion unless you don't live close to a store) it was just some Lyras.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 07:47:06 AM »
Thanks for letting me know it was Lyra and your right I have her already.  Just thought I would check, just in case.  :biggrin:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 11:07:55 AM »
Maybe there could be a stickied thread of "time wasters" to watch out for. People in a situation like Sarah could either pm the details of the person to ponylady or Ringlets & those details could be added anonymously, or if a person felt comfortable posting the details, they could have the option to do it that way.

I have a feeling that this practice of asking someone to buy something & not following through with the transaction happens pretty often. Unfortunately it doesn't always get brought to Trader Support, so no one knows about it. It may stop repeat "time wasters" from taking advantage of the good intentions of those offering to buy ponies for them.

totally agree that would be a good thread and scammers would get found out in no time

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 08:37:40 PM »
Thank you for your support! I have an update.  They messaged me back after seeing this board and let me know they didn't want it anymore.  I guess what happened was they got tired of waiting for it to come in locally but then after they talked to me they found one.  So it was cheaper for them to just buy that one and not have to pay shipping charges.  I think they were embarrassed so that's why they didn't answer pretty much.  But I got my apology so I'm feeling better.

I don't have a receipt but I bet they would give me store credit.  The problem is it was target and I think they are having a sale now.  If I return it will they only give me sale price since I don't have the receipt?

If you purchased it at Target you will be able to return it and receive a full refund (assuming said item isn't currently on sale, then you would get the sale price.  Anyway, Target allows you to return 3 items per year as long as you have a picture ID with you and they will give you store credit.  And if they still have their Holiday return policy in place they might not even ask you for an ID.  Good luck!

Target's No Receipt Return has changed in the last few years. A no receipt return at Target will always net you the lowest price in the last 90 days. You have a limit of $70 in a rolling calendar year. They will need to see your photo ID regardless of when the item was purchased; it's how they are able to track the $70 limit. Hope this helps!

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 01:56:21 AM »
Oh I had someone respond to a thread I had and wanted  the item sent in a specific way and after I had gone to town (I live in the wops) and found out the correct postage etc etc for the item I was messaged back saying they'd found it cheaper elsewhere. I was pretty hacked off but I'm glad I didn't end up dealing with such a rude person.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal