collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ediquette question re:feedback Update 1-18-13  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Ediquette question re:feedback Update 1-18-13
« on: January 17, 2013, 07:21:29 AM »
Ok So I am not going to name any names yet because I am hoping this may still work out.  I saw someone looking for a particular G4 and I knew my local store had them in stock.  So I offered to pick on up for the person in question if they wouldn't mind paying cost + shipping to their location.  They responded with something basically along the lines of 'that would be great but can I pay you for it a bit later'.  When I went I noticed they didn't have very many left so I went ahead and bought it to be sure I had it when they were ready.  Well I haven't heard from them since. They have been on and they have read my messages.

In my opinion this is kind of rude.  I mean you asked for someone to get it for you.  I offered.  You accepted.  I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.  So long story short is this something I can leave neg feedback for even though the transaction kind of never happened? I am hoping to get a response of some kind so at least I know if they are backing out or just disappeared or what.

It's not like it was that expensive but still.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:10:02 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Ediquette question re:feedback
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 08:02:27 AM »
I am sorry you had to go through the hassel Sarah.   :hug:

We usually discourage feedback being left in these situations, as you never actually exchanged items or money. In these cases we usually suggest to the the person to start a TS thread with the name of the person in question. And what the issue was.

I am not sure if you are comfortable with that or not. If not you can also PM Ringlets or I with the members ID and we can further look into it.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:01:08 AM »
Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I try not to get stuff for people now because I worry about people doing that. I agree with Ponylady that starting a thread is an excellent idea!

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 11:07:58 AM »
Thanks! It was kinda my own fault for buying it without having the money in hand I guess.  I am still hoping it will work out.  I'm sure I can sell it or bait it without losing much.  I just wish the had the courtesy to let me know.  I'll send another message telling them I'm selling it and then if I don't hear back from 3 days I will sell it (or beg the lady at the store to take it back without a receipt lol). Then if they come back later and get angry about it I'll point them to a mod. I feel like I've been reasonable and available but I don't want to waste any more time on this.

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 02:36:14 PM »
That isn't nice from the other member.
When I was you I would sent a PM to ponylady and Ringlets to let them kow who the person was - so the mods can keep an eye out if the member has issues with others in the future.

I hope you can re-sell the item soon.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 06:29:25 PM »
Maybe there could be a stickied thread of "time wasters" to watch out for. People in a situation like Sarah could either pm the details of the person to ponylady or Ringlets & those details could be added anonymously, or if a person felt comfortable posting the details, they could have the option to do it that way.

I have a feeling that this practice of asking someone to buy something & not following through with the transaction happens pretty often. Unfortunately it doesn't always get brought to Trader Support, so no one knows about it. It may stop repeat "time wasters" from taking advantage of the good intentions of those offering to buy ponies for them.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 02:46:00 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear you had your time wasted Sarah :cry:  You've given this member plenty chance to respond to your messages  :hug:  Its true that without the transaction taking place we dont encourage feedback to be left, but  time wasting seems to happen more often now too, so if she continues to ignore your messages, then feel free to make a TS thread with her name in it , so that others can know of this potential problem should they think about dealing with her in future.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 09:42:36 AM »
This sort of thing really ticks me off, because it wastes peoples time and money, as well as makes it impossible for members that genuinely need help finding items!

It's really very bad form!

Thanks! It was kinda my own fault for buying it without having the money in hand I guess.

I don't think it's your own fault at all! You did a lovely thing, helping another member out! If they've posted a WTB, and commited to buying the item, it's all their fault if they do not come through. Let's hope they do.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:46:02 AM by little.fox »

pallas

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 01:20:19 PM »
I have a feeling that this practice of asking someone to buy something & not following through with the transaction happens pretty often. Unfortunately it doesn't always get brought to Trader Support, so no one knows about it. It may stop repeat "time wasters" from taking advantage of the good intentions of those offering to buy ponies for them.

Only happened a couple of times but it is kinda annoying, happily haven't been burned either got new homes for items or was able to return them, still it's a hassle, return lines, gas, time etc...

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 04:06:10 PM »
Oh no! Time wasters are so annoying! Did you keep the receipt for it? You should be able to return and get your money back. If not, I'm sure you can find somebody here wo wants it.

Maybe there could be a stickied thread of "time wasters" to watch out for. People in a situation like Sarah could either pm the details of the person to ponylady or Ringlets & those details could be added anonymously, or if a person felt comfortable posting the details, they could have the option to do it that way.

I second this idea. I have encountered several time wasters myself, and it's very annoying. I feel jerked around when that happens.

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 06:09:47 PM »
Thank you for your support! I have an update.  They messaged me back after seeing this board and let me know they didn't want it anymore.  I guess what happened was they got tired of waiting for it to come in locally but then after they talked to me they found one.  So it was cheaper for them to just buy that one and not have to pay shipping charges.  I think they were embarrassed so that's why they didn't answer pretty much.  But I got my apology so I'm feeling better.

I don't have a receipt but I bet they would give me store credit.  The problem is it was target and I think they are having a sale now.  If I return it will they only give me sale price since I don't have the receipt?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:12:16 PM by Sarahlacewing »

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
Re: Ediquette question re:feedback Update 1-18-13
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 06:20:56 PM »
Oh that's good!

Yes I think if you take it back without a receipt, it is whatever price that is ringing up.

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 07:17:47 PM »
Unfortunatly this is all to common, even here. It is why I no longer do favors for people. Getting stuck with 10 exclusives a few years ago killed my generosity. I cannot understand it as I could never be so rude as to ask someone to get something for me and then not take it once they have paid for it.

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 10:02:15 PM »
Thank you for your support! I have an update.  They messaged me back after seeing this board and let me know they didn't want it anymore.  I guess what happened was they got tired of waiting for it to come in locally but then after they talked to me they found one.  So it was cheaper for them to just buy that one and not have to pay shipping charges.  I think they were embarrassed so that's why they didn't answer pretty much.  But I got my apology so I'm feeling better.

I don't have a receipt but I bet they would give me store credit.  The problem is it was target and I think they are having a sale now.  If I return it will they only give me sale price since I don't have the receipt?

If you purchased it at Target you will be able to return it and receive a full refund (assuming said item isn't currently on sale, then you would get the sale price.  Anyway, Target allows you to return 3 items per year as long as you have a picture ID with you and they will give you store credit.  And if they still have their Holiday return policy in place they might not even ask you for an ID.  Good luck!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 03:55:50 AM »
I'm glad to hear that you got a response and an apology :bigups:  Hopefully you should still be able to get a refund

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal