collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: London comic con?  (Read 425 times)

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
London comic con?
« on: January 15, 2013, 05:37:47 AM »
Hi guys me and my partner are considering going to london comic con this year :biggrin: only as a day trip not for the whole weekend as we have never been to a convention before,so im  looking for some info ^.^ Have you been if so what did you make of it? any tips for someone who has never been to a convention before? what was there? is everything overpriced? did you dress up if so please post pics  :biggrin: sorry for all the questions x thanks everyone x

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Re: London comic con?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 06:51:46 AM »
You mean MCM?
I've been there a couple of times and it's worth the trip. :D
Well the actual tickets to get in aren't that expensive as you may have noticed, but depending on where you come from the travel can be expensive.
Hmmm suggestions are:
Be prepared for maybe getting stuck in a long entrance queue
Check whose attending if there's anyone you really want to see/events you want to go to
Bring a decent bag
Food, there are places to eat but you might want to bring your own as its cheaper, make sure to bring water as it can get quite stuffy in there
Keep an eye on your valuables
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 07:07:50 AM »
The London Film and Comic Con is actually really good for its money. I went a couple of years ago and really enjoyed myself. The staff are really helpful and friendly (a friend had a medical issue whilst there and the staff were very efficient) and I found the atmosphere to be pretty awesome, and in general the other attendees were polite and respectful. If you're looking for something in particular it's best to get an idea of how much it goes for online, as some con dealers are extremely overpriced, and you don't want to get ripped off. And also keep an eye out for bootlegged merchandise, I heard this has been an issue at MCM, but not so sure about LFCC - I bought a plush there and it was genuine but it's always something to look out for, especially as the dealer might not be aware themselves.

If you mean MCM...eeeh. It used to be a lot better than it is. Last time I went (I think...maybe three years ago now?) the dealer's room it was  overcrowded with no visible staff intervention despite a lot of shoving and snatching of goods going on. It might have gotten better now? Some dealers were pretty reasonably priced but this was a couple of years ago now, and a lot of it was very samey (Naruto, KH, Final Fantasy). Try to get there around 10amish as there's much less of a queue. I'm hoping to go again to see if it's improved any, but it's a bit of a trip for me, especially if I'm cosplaying xD
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:40:56 AM by CupidStrikes »
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 10:25:51 AM »
Charmer or Aflame will probably be your go-to people.  Im not sure how those two do it but they always come back with a boatload of pictures and autographs to share!

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline wiccanpony1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:15:41 PM »
Thank you for your replies guys:) I didn't know there was 2 lol :blush: I was referring to MCM but I might attend a day a both as the tickets are pretty good prices :biggrin: travel will be a bit pricy as it will be about a 2-2.5 hour train journey but we really want to go for the experience x still looking for me info guys x

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 04:39:52 PM »
Have fun!!!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 05:46:24 PM »
I want to make it to a Comic Con somewhere someday.  Good luck!

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 02:42:36 AM »
Thank you for your replies guys:) I didn't know there was 2 lol :blush: I was referring to MCM but I might attend a day a both as the tickets are pretty good prices :biggrin: travel will be a bit pricy as it will be about a 2-2.5 hour train journey but we really want to go for the experience x still looking for me info guys x
Neither did I. I see mcm referred to as both.
Oh yeah do check up on the tube before you go. Last time I went the tube line we needed went down so we had to negociate the buses. XD

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 08:38:08 AM »
hi wow looks like we have a reputation :blush:
  yes we go to lfcc (london film and comic con ) it is organised very well and there are alot of staff clearly marked with con staff t-shirts :) as soon as you get in there get virtual que tickets it will have a number on and the guests have a board to say what number they are up to so you dont ave to line up for long times they have lots of dealers stalls and artist ally and they have an info desk as you walk in usualy i find lots of stuff there inc pony things :) and has places to eat , i think i have been tothe other one to but i found it unorganised and hectic plus being sent to the wrong places by the staff dident enjoy that one very much ! xaflame
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 08:42:07 AM by Aflame »

Offline Charmer

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 09:07:24 AM »
Charmer or Aflame will probably be your go-to people.  Im not sure how those two do it but they always come back with a boatload of pictures and autographs to share!

Wow, looks like we're getting a reputation on here, lol! It's good to be famous, hehe.

Personally I much prefur London Film and Comic Con (at Earls Court) to MCM (at Excel). For one, the organisation is a lot better with the first one. The crew are better trained and there is usually a better selection of guests. As Aflame said, you have a virtual queing system which means you can take a ticked and come back for your autograph when your number is called (or written on a board usually). Whether it's over priced depends on your budgit. If you're going for autograhs they are usually £15-£25 with the odd exception for a very rare guest or first time signer. Stalls will have a good range of things so it's good to shop around.
MCM is usually a lot more crowded as there's less space between the stalls. Also, it's a bit more cosplay orientated so you get more people dressed up than at lfcc and the stalls are aimed a bit more in that direction with a lot of manga/anime. Queues arent as well organised and the staff arent as nice either. Most people would suggest lfcc out of the two.
If you want to know more PM me and Ill send you links to the main website and message boards as I don't have them all handy right now.

marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
marks-redcarpet.freehomepage.com

Offline wiccanpony1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 02:33:39 AM »
Thanks guys you have been a huge help:) Charmer I will give you a Pm as soon as my internet is sorted out im on my phone at the moment lol x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal