collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is Anyone Going to Any Concerts Anytime Soon?  (Read 1505 times)

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
Is Anyone Going to Any Concerts Anytime Soon?
« on: January 14, 2013, 07:11:22 PM »
I'm really excited about two upcoming concerts in my life, Mindless Self Indulgence in Detroit on April 20th and Bam Margera's new band with members of CKY (the name is not Arena friendly, but any Bam fans will know it) in Flint, MI on March 14th.  MSI is my second favorite band to H.I.M. and I have always loved Bam!  This is the chance of a lifetime for me!  I can't wait!  Is anybody else here a concert go'er with shows you're looking forward to in 2013? 

Bam's New Band:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MSI:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Is Anyone Going to Any Concerts Anytime Soon?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:15:50 PM »
Have fun!!!!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 07:21:57 PM »
Have fun!!!!

Thanks!  I have my tricks where I always get up front at concerts, so these experiences will be the best possible!   :biggrin:

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 07:23:02 PM »
Morrissey at the end of this month.  :D

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 07:30:02 PM »

Sweet!   :)

Offline ivybunny84

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Sisters of the Moon Design
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 08:27:21 PM »
I didn't know bam has a new band!! I'll have to check that out!  I have seen MSI twice now, love them, and HIM is one of my fav bands as well :)  along with cky!  I'll have to see when there coming near me! I have no idea of any bands yet for this year, I wanted to see Marily Manson (i'm a goth girl what can i say) but I have a broken foot so that's not gonna work well!!

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 09:45:55 PM »
I didn't know bam has a new band!! I'll have to check that out!  I have seen MSI twice now, love them, and HIM is one of my fav bands as well :)  along with cky!  I'll have to see when there coming near me! I have no idea of any bands yet for this year, I wanted to see Marily Manson (i'm a goth girl what can i say) but I have a broken foot so that's not gonna work well!!

I wanted to see Manson, too, but the money wasn't readily available at the right time. 

Go to Bam's Facebook and there's a link to the Turbonegro song they covered.  I love CKY, too.  All the members of CKY save the lead singer are in Bam's new band.  I just can't say their name here, lol. 

I saw HIM live once, in a suburb of Detroit in 2010.  I wished I could have gotten closer to the stage, but I still had a good view and it was an amazing show.  Luckily some people posted some good videos taken at the show on Youtube that I snagged for memories, since I didn't have a good camera then and the only picture I took that night that came out any good was this one, right after the show:

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 09:50:01 PM »
I'm going to see the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra play Holst's Planets Suite.  Can't wait!

Offline ivybunny84

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Sisters of the Moon Design
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 08:02:21 AM »
i have bam on my FB so I know i can look that up...i know I saw that photo too just didn't pay attention lol

I saw him in 2010 too, but I hated the show, I actually lost some love for them. I don't know what it was but i just wasn't feeling it. It could be cause I have loved all there older stuff and stopped around dark light came out... and everything was mostly new. I know they can put on good shows cause I have DVDs of them, but this one did not impress me

Manson actually kinda sucked too~ I don;t know if it was because of his beef with Zombie, but his show was lacking last year, and I would have liked to watch him for longer then an hour set. Thats why i wanted to see him again this year i figured he would be better. He was awesome back in 2006 0r 9 when i saw him last~

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 10:24:32 AM »
I havent been able to go anywhere recently..bummed because last year I missed out on nickelback, the mythbusters and my convention >>

One day though^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 11:11:19 AM »
I'm seeing Twilights Embrace on the 25th, Pain in February, Helloween in March (in Bucharest OMG!!), Sonata Arctica has just confirmed they are playing Nottingham in April, Hellfest in France in June and Bloodstock in August.
2013 is gonna suck lol

Always looking for MLP erasers

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 12:42:05 PM »
i have bam on my FB so I know i can look that up...i know I saw that photo too just didn't pay attention lol

I saw him in 2010 too, but I hated the show, I actually lost some love for them. I don't know what it was but i just wasn't feeling it. It could be cause I have loved all there older stuff and stopped around dark light came out... and everything was mostly new. I know they can put on good shows cause I have DVDs of them, but this one did not impress me

Manson actually kinda sucked too~ I don;t know if it was because of his beef with Zombie, but his show was lacking last year, and I would have liked to watch him for longer then an hour set. Thats why i wanted to see him again this year i figured he would be better. He was awesome back in 2006 0r 9 when i saw him last~

Well, seeing as it was my first time seeing them live, I don't have a lot to base it on, but I do know the DVD's seemed more interesting.  I just thought it was the cinematography.  One thing I didn't like was the acoustics in Clutch Cargo's.  It's an old church converted into a music venue and I could understand Ville when he was singing, maybe only because I knew the lyrics already, but when he talked, I couldn't make out a thing he said.  A good example of that is this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQq3baWg6LI  At around 1:13 he stops the song to talk to someone in the crowd.  I couldn't understand him when I was there, I have watched this video over and over and still can't understand him, and obviously the person he's talking to couldn't understand him, either.  It would be a dream come true to have Ville Valo stop playing just to talk to you...but not if you couldn't understand what he was saying.   :(  Hopefully when they go on tour in support of the CD they're putting out this winter, they don't play there again.  It would be great if they played The Fillmore in downtown Detroit.  It's small enough to be an intimate experience, it's easy to get up front, and the acoustics are amazing.  I saw Tenacious D there last year and that's where I am going to see MSI.  I love that place! 

I discovered HIM in 2006 with the Dark Light CD.  I thank Bam for talking about them so much because he got me paying attention to them.  I didn't really like Venus Doom, but I thought Screamworks was pretty good. 

I heard that Manson didn't do good on this last tour and I heard about his fights with Zombie.  That's a shame.   I saw Manson live online playing with Johnny Depp at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards last year.  It was awesome to see Johnny Depp play, but Manson sounded very drunk.  I didn't like it. 

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:45:57 PM by Cumberbatch2012 »

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 12:47:33 PM »
have fun! recently I don't plan on going to any specific concert, I've been to a few at the end of last year, but it seems there aren't any that interest me in the new year so far. I might go to Wave Gotik Treffen in May, but that's not for sure yet, also I don't yet know who will perform there this year (I have a secret wish, but I don't think that's gonna happen :S ), so I can't name any specific concerts I'd like to attend.

I've seen HIM once back in 2001, but unfortunately only part of the show. they played at a festival, and they finally came on stage more than a hour later than planned, thus their show overlapped with something else I wanted to see more, so I had to leave after the first half :/ I believe they played here some other times since that too, but I didn't quite follow up with their newer albums after the third, so I didn't go see them either.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 02:24:06 PM »

envyyy! I saw him once and the concert was amazing :lovey:

I used to go to concerts really often, but since i moved to Iceland I had to make peace with the fact that basically no one comes here to hold concerts. Fortunately, Iceland has plenty of great music itself, but I've already seen most Icelandic bands X times so there is nothing I'm looking forward to right now :( It especially sucks when there's a great concert in my hometown.

And since we're talking about HIM, I saw them the same year I saw Morrissey, but I was already burned out on them, I'm, also more of a fan of their older stuff (up to and including Love Metal). Oh, and Ville rocked some awful moustache on that concert :facepalm:.

But do have fun on your concerts, i'm sure it'll be a blast!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 02:35:51 PM »

envyyy! I saw him once and the concert was amazing :lovey:

I used to go to concerts really often, but since i moved to Iceland I had to make peace with the fact that basically no one comes here to hold concerts. Fortunately, Iceland has plenty of great music itself, but I've already seen most Icelandic bands X times so there is nothing I'm looking forward to right now :( It especially sucks when there's a great concert in my hometown.

And since we're talking about HIM, I saw them the same year I saw Morrissey, but I was already burned out on them, I'm, also more of a fan of their older stuff (up to and including Love Metal). Oh, and Ville rocked some awful moustache on that concert :facepalm:.

But do have fun on your concerts, i'm sure it'll be a blast!

Yes, upon reviewing photos of Ville over the years he has drastically changed his appearance several times.  I didn't like that mustache, either.  Just days before the concert I saw him at he had chopped off all his hair and that was disappointing.

I will have fun, I would think.  I go to concerts whenever I can afford it, from local bands, to huge name bands, to bands in the middle of that spectrum.  I really have a thing for live music.   My biggest concert was when I drove 9 hours straight to get to Chicago to see Rammstein at the Allstate Arena in May 2011.  That was an exhausting trip!  I did get to try Popeye's Chicken on the way home, though.  It was really good and we don't have them in this part of my state.  But anyway, Rammstein was awesome!  To this date, I have not seen a better stage show than theirs! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal