collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Think I'm Falling Out of Love...  (Read 2215 times)

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
I Think I'm Falling Out of Love...
« on: January 13, 2013, 03:12:06 PM »
I think I was just into them for awhile because it was maybe something to look for at the stores?  I have them all on display, but I'm not really interested in them anymore.  How about you?  Have you fallen out of love?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I Think I'm Falling Out of Love...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 03:18:13 PM »
I always go through up and down phases. Sometimes I will lose active interest in them for a few months. That is, I'll still peruse the MH aisle when I'm at stores but I'm never there because I want anything or am looking for anything new. I go through purchase droughts of months at a time where I buy absolutely nothing MH-related. I won't keep up-to-date on the new stuff coming out either but will check forums and MH communities once a week maybe. But surely something new will catch my eye be it a new release or someone's beautiful photo of an older release doll and reignite my interest in the line.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 03:20:13 PM by Rococo »

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 03:24:31 PM »
I fall in and out of love all the time. Out of love mostly when the shelves are completely bare and I'm just getting disappointed, or when I already own literally everything that's available on shelves now.

Then I fall back in love when they release a ton of new dolls and I don't have any yet.

I'm bipolar with schitzoid tendencies and I tend to be very obsessive over things. I rotate regularly between these obsessions, whether it be MH dolls, ponies, video games, makeup, books, manga, dvd/bluray collection, or even the gym. I get sent into manic mode really easily and I just go overboard. I usually rotate my collections after I fall over the edge, and use something new to pick out of my depression.. eugh.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 03:30:31 PM »
I'm in an out of love phase right now.  I don't want to keep collecting the same characters in different outfits, but I can't ever find the new releases of new girls/guys on the shelves.

I always look when I'm out and about, but I'm not ravenous over them like I was at the start.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 03:38:14 PM »
dxgirly, I'm bipolar, too. I'm glad to see that I'm not alone with the obsessing thing.

I go in and out of love with them, usually. I go through periods when I'm WAAAY in love with them, and I simply can't stop thinking about them and planning new dolls and outfits... And then I go through other periods where I barely even look at them over on my shelf.* I wouldn't worry about it too much.

*The usual cause for me not obsessing over MH is that I'm obsessing over something else, like customizing ponies or Pullips or BJDs.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 03:45:31 PM »
dxgirly, I'm bipolar, too. I'm glad to see that I'm not alone with the obsessing thing.

I go in and out of love with them, usually. I go through periods when I'm WAAAY in love with them, and I simply can't stop thinking about them and planning new dolls and outfits... And then I go through other periods where I barely even look at them over on my shelf.* I wouldn't worry about it too much.

*The usual cause for me not obsessing over MH is that I'm obsessing over something else, like customizing ponies or Pullips or BJDs.

Aw yay! Bipolar buddies. haha. :yikes:    ....but yeah, if it's not Monster High at the moment, it's something else 99% of the time.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 04:01:02 PM »
I love all the dolls I have and haven't lost interest in them at all. However, I've stopped actively looking for Monster High. The distribution is so god-awful I can't be pained to drive around the city every weekend to look for these dolls. There just isn't any fun in collecting them when you have to be stressed out about finding them, so I won't really be adding much from now on unless I find ones by chance that I really want. My other collections are taking precedence over MH now, because Mattel just can't get their act together when it comes to MH and I won't collect if I'm not enjoying it.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 04:12:15 PM »
schizo affective here, lol (bipolar with schizophrenia), so I go through the exact same thing! But, with my new medication I've calmed down and am staying in love with things quite a while more, haha.

Aw yay! Bipolar buddies. haha. :yikes:    ....but yeah, if it's not Monster High at the moment, it's something else 99% of the time.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 04:29:43 PM »
... Bipolar type 2.. Whee..
I have those phases.. But that's generally also when my mood is down. What I do is go around and redress or restyle their hair.. Maybe buy a nice pair of shoes or what I'm doing now is repainting bee girls shoes with a signature red bottom that Christian Louboutin uses. :) I don't think I'd ever fall out of love completely since every time I look at SDCC Ghoulia I can't help but smile. I do sometimes wonder if a doll should be sold but I have to think about it for a really long time before deciding. Try looking through photos, doing some hair styling or just have a doll sit with you while you're doing something. Don't give up yet! If nothing helps you rebuild the spark then maybe it's time to decide what comes next. :(
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:31:39 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 04:38:38 PM »
Well, I have too many collections and I know it.  I think I may move on and go more BJD and G1s again.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 04:46:37 PM »
Well, I have too many collections and I know it.  I think I may move on and go more BJD and G1s again.

I know all about having too many collections!

Honestly, I just got my first BJDs and I like them much better than MH. I'm already way more attached to them because they embody what I want them to embody, rather than being whatever a company creates.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 05:02:10 PM »
I'm still kinda new to collecting MH, so I'm still pretty enthused about it. I wish I would've gotten into them sooner so I could've bought a couple of sigs (Lagoona, my most wanted, for instance) for a decent price, but that's bygones I guess. I have a couple collections that I casually add to, but mainly focus on one collection. Right now my focus is  MH, but I'm selectively adding to it since it's my most expensive (per piece) collection. I "only" have a dozen but I love each one.  ^.^
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Rainsong

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 05:20:21 PM »
I'm bi-polar as well, so it's a relief to hear it's not so odd that I get obsessive like I do. It's something I've learned to recognize, though.

I'm sort of on hiatus with MH - money, and a lack of new dolls I want. I want the stock, not the dolls, and I can't afford the $9+ for one outfit... or one item of an outfit! Even $5 for a set of shoes is scary. $3 not bad... $5... getting too rich. It doesn't help that all my income has to go to rent, food, etc - I'm a student, so I have to plan for three months in summer with no Financial Aid.

I get discouraged in it, too. I go "Why do I have them? I don't DO anything with them."

Dorriebelle

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 05:31:30 PM »
I'm in an out of love phase right now.  I don't want to keep collecting the same characters in different outfits, but I can't ever find the new releases of new girls/guys on the shelves.

I always look when I'm out and about, but I'm not ravenous over them like I was at the start.

Buddafly, well-spoken ! I'm in exactly the same phase, and this is the second or third time since I got addicted to them. Happens every year about this time, there's nothing I want and I have no interest in chasing around. Heck, my trip to TRU today only yielded DDG, holdover Sweet 1600, and too-gimicky-for-me-after-decades-of-Barbie Ghouls Alive. Scaris ? Barely seen. Dance Class? Never seen. And like everyone else, I get tired of chasing around.  And listening to people complain about every.possible. thing. on other boards makes me start questioning my devotion.

I swear, sometimes, if I didn't sew, or hadn't made so many outfits for them already, I'd have probably dumped the whole kit n' kaboodle last year. However, I will go completely mental if Caterine is as lovely as prototype photos, or (hopehopehope) Mattel finally makes a Heath or (hopeharder) Slow-Moe. So I know it's temporary, and I try to enjoy the surplus of what I already have, and the creative spark to make/learn/do/play more. I keep thinking I'll go back to Elphie (Tonner WW of Oz) or Barbie, or my vintage larger dolls, but the MH gang keeps me busy.

And soon, there's another freight train of new MH goodies, and I'm all nutz again ! But I know what everyone's talking about, and I share every moment with you. As we speak, I'm fitting Winx wings to a MH bodice, just to do something. Wish me luck !
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:34:35 PM by Dorriebelle »

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 05:40:50 PM »
-snip- and I try to enjoy the surplus of what I already have -snip-

THIS! I am the worst at looking forward to "the next doll" that these times help me enjoy the ones I have. For instance, when things HIT and I end up with 5-6 new dolls within a few weeks, I don't get to enjoy them. These lulls [however short] help me enjoy the ones I have. It also helps me evaluate with ones of the new ones I want to get.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal