collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: any childhood memories involving ponies?  (Read 686 times)

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
any childhood memories involving ponies?
« on: January 12, 2013, 08:50:11 PM »
I can remember one.

when I where like 4 years old, my auntie gave me one of her daughter's pony, because she was already grown up. It was my first pony, galaxy.
Galaxy was MY pony, my special pony that I carried along everywhere, she was the pony that I slept with every night, and she was the pony I loved with all my heart, my mother knew that wherever I went I had to go with galaxy, I loved all of her, her decals, her eyes, her hair and the pose that she held, I remember that a year after I got it we went to the center of the city, where most of the shops are, and when we crossed the street a person bumped with me and my galaxy fell to the ground.
I got desperated and scared, I feared that at the moment a car hits my galaxy she would be destroyed and I told my mother about my pony, she wanted to get my pony but a taxi ran fast and...
and the taxi ran over my galaxy!  I stared in horror and silently I stood there.
one! two! three! three cars ran over my galaxy! I felt that the world had no meaning
I felt that I was a bad person for not going after galaxy.
then my mother quickly, before any other cars ran over galaxy, grabbed her and gave her to me.
I swear, my hopes where restored I felt that my raison d'etre came back to me.
as my mother approached, I said "mom..." as I hugged my galaxy.
then we walked of, I first checked my galaxy, only dirty from all the wheels. very lucky for her
and then I stared at my mom, she was my hero...
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
Re: any childhood memories involving ponies?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 08:56:41 PM »
Galaxy, the only pony to hold up not one, not two, but THREE cars!  :lol:

I sadly wasn't into MLP when I was younger, so I can't really share any memories.

Offline cacopony

• um...hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 09:03:36 PM »
I wasn't neither, at the moment I didn't know galaxy's name
and I knew nothing about ponies but I knew I loved my galaxy C:

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 09:11:22 PM »
The one memory that still comes readily to mind is the last Christmas I spent with my Grandma Vera who was sick with breast cancer. That Christmas I was 5 years old and earlier that year fell in love with my little ponies so my collection had just begun. I got the first 6 in classic pose, Sundance and Megan, and TE Sweetstuff from various relatives prior to Christmas however to this day I remember getting my very first baby pony! I received Baby Moondancer and was instantly in love with her. My cousin got Baby Cuddles. We both got bear brushes with our ponies and got into a fight over whose brush was whose. As I got older I accumulated well over 110 ponies, a mini suitcase full of accessories, a pretty parlor, slumber bed, many petites, 3 megan dolls and multiple other items. Unfortunately I gave all but 11 of my ponies away. Amoung the 11 I kept was Baby Moondancer! She is not in the best of shape these days but she has been with me for 26 years.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 09:32:55 PM »
I watched the old MLP tv series when I was just 2 years old, I grew up with them :P Loved the show. I have a weird memory after I moved and all the recorded VHS tapes were put away: when I was 7 or 8, my mom and I were cutting thick paper images of merry-go-round ponies that were fanciful and dramatically colorful. We glued them onto cardboard to straighten them out and taped them to the wall.

I don't know what happened to those images, my mom insists they were not MLP (after I saw the carousal ponies backcard online years later). I was too young for ponies, I grew up in the '90s.

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 10:04:27 PM »
I have 2 memories. The first was getting my first MLP. I must have been about 4 years old and my mum, brother and I were going to visit family in England for Christmas. We live in Canada, so we had to be at the airport super early, then the long flight. My mum had bought Skydancer for me and told me if I behaved at the airport,  I could have her on the plane, otherwise I had to wait until Christmas. Needless to say, I was on my best behaviour. I still have her :)

The second memory is probably from the same trip to England, or possibly one a few years later. My grandma used to take me to the shop near her house and buy me MLP comics. It was my little treat and I read them cover to cover over and over. :)

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 10:09:51 PM »
One birthday I went to my nannies house and was opening my present from her and out popped G2 Ivy! I loved her crystal eyes and outfit she came with. Too bad I don't know what happened to her.. Mum had a habit of getting rid of my toys :(

Offline Irkencat

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • I love ponies!
    • View Profile
    • Irkencat's MLP Dream Land
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 04:14:11 AM »
Galaxy is a great pony to start with :D

My clearest memory is when I got Great Hair pony Ringlets for my birthday,
she was stood by the window in the living room, I ran up in my nightgound, and
then I was super happy XD haha I think I was 4 years old.
I also remember an unfortunate moment, when I drew with a marker on
my older sister's baby Moondancer, she was soooo mad at me.
Oh and ofcourse watching my MLP VHS's over and over XD
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:15:56 AM by Irkencat »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My collection/sales/trades/wishlist etc. on my website:
http://irkencatsmlp.weebly.com/
My new FB MLP Collecting/News page:
https://www.facebook.com/irkencatmlp

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 04:20:14 AM »
I remember when we had a reeaally big garden and mom had cut down a thin tree, I and my sister cut that tree into many pieces, and used string to make fences with it. We turned the garden into a ranch with all our ponies :lol:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 10:30:59 AM »
Lovely memories everyone :)

I think my clearest pony memory is when I got Masquerade. When I was 5, my parents decided to move house which meant I needed to go to a new school and leave my friends behind. As you can imagine, for a little girl thats a very big and very emotional thing. So as a special present for being so well behaved, my mum walked me into the town from our house to Woolworths in the high street...and straight to the wall of pony goodness which I had only been able to glance at in awe and wistfulness when in the store before. And I got to pick whichever pony I wanted...if my memory is right I remember spending ages and ages before settling on Masquerade. I skipped out that store with Masquerade clutched to my chest :) It may be very materialistic but I that memory still makes me smile because my mum probably couldnt afford that pony at the time but she knew exactly how to make me happy.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Mlphammy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 11:21:50 AM »
I remember being jelous of my sister's Applejack in her room. (I grew with G3, so these are all G3 ponies.) I also remember Sunny Daze, Minty, and Dazzle Surprise.

Offline cacopony

• um...hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 11:38:02 AM »
you all have really nice memories too :D that's nice

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 11:42:24 AM »
I have lots of childhood memories but the weirdest by far was when my mum took me out for bra shopping. We bought Sherbet that day. She spent hours there, and I was content with admiring my MOC pony with a slew of bra hanging above me while I seated myself on the lowest shelf deck because there was no seat. I still remembered the commercial that was airing on the TV set. It was played on repeat with " Bee Dees are sweet, Bee Dees are cool..." - well it's  a bra brand if you are wondering.

My mum repeatedly told me not to open my toy, but you know how kids are. :) I kept fiddling with the packaging and eventually OOPS, Sherbet came out ("by accident")! I remembered how much I liked her and how I thought she smelled more like coconut than an ice-cream.

Then, it was time to go home because it was late and dad will complain if mum isn't in the shop to help out, so she rushed me along. I had the pony in my hand but we left the backcard with all the accessories in the plastic bag in the bra department. I got chided like " See, I told you not to open your toy!" but we were at the taxi stand by then, so mum didn't bother taking me back to retrieve the unimportant bits.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 02:31:43 PM »
  I have a few. I know this first one is my "go-to" pony memory, so some people might have read it before...but Cacopony, you only recently joined, and this is YOUR thread, so I get to tell it again!  :biggrin: 
 We got my entire childhood pony collection second-hand before I can even remember. So I remember the first time I got my very own pony. I went to my cousin's birthday party, I think I was 4 or 5, and he was three or four. The entire party was occupied by boys, except for me. We got prizes for playing games (just for playing, not winning. We were very young and not s coordinated!) and there was a whole table covered with toys. They were dollar store toys, but we were kids, we wouldn't have known that at the time; they were just toys! So there were lots of balls and toys guns and robots and other boy toys. But floating among them was a yellow toy pony, and I knew my Aunt had bought it just for me, because I was the only girl there, none of the little boys would take her. She was really mine. She was also a fakie, but she was just as pony to me as any real MLP. And she still is. :)

My brother would sometimes play ponies with me, but the only one he really liked was Tap Dancer. She's a Dance and Prance, so he would turn her knob as far as he could, and then pretend she could fly with her helicopter tail. If I was in a bad mood, we' fight about it because I'd insist only winged ponies could fly, but mostly we just had fun with it. (If I had access to pony backcards and known that ponies could make anything appear just by blinking their eyes, then helicopter ponies wouldn't be too weird to me XD )

Last memory for sharing: We had a tape of Rescue at Midnight Mountain that we liked quite a lot. For some reason, the part where Scorpan tears the door off of the prison was the funniest thing in the world to us. It cracked us up every time. Hey, we were young! Then we would build prison cells out of pillow cushions, one of us would get inside, and the other would yell, "Spike, we're getting out of here NOW! (or whatever the line was) and rip off one of the cushion walls. Then we'd switch. Good times.  :D
I'll put something here some time

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 03:08:35 PM »
I grew up with G3s and Rainbow Dash was MY pony. I still have her to this day. Once me and my family went to a restaurant, I was maybe 5 or 6, and of coarse I had RD and this other small stuffed animal i carried everywhere. After we were done eating and left, about half way home I noticed that RD or the stuffed animal was not with me. We went back but the restaurant and it was already closed! Me and my mom went up to the door. Luckily the owner was still in there and let us in. She said she knew RD and the other was mine! Then we went back to her office where she had RD and the stuffy set neatly on her office desk. So happily that night I was reunited  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal