collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A couple CaM questions...  (Read 619 times)

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
A couple CaM questions...
« on: January 12, 2013, 05:33:12 PM »
I picked up my first CaM set {the werewolf/dragon set} tonight, and I have a couple questions about them.

First, is this set hard to find? I've only seen them a handful of times, back before I started collecting MH, and haven't seen them in the store for months before tonight.

Second, with mine the wig seems to perch way up on their head. I looked up some pictures on Google and none of the ones I saw looked like the wig sat so high; is it normal for it to sit like that? Is there anything I can do to get it so it's more where it should be?

Third, I've heard about some CAMs having soft, easily-rerooted heads whereas others have hard, non-rootable heads. Are the non-rootable ones all hard, like the entire head? I'm curious which version mine are; I'd love to try giving them rooted hair, but don't want to bother ordering hair if they're the non-rootable ones.

Fourth, the werewolf's upper leg keeps falling off if I move it. Are CaM's prone to that, or is she defective? Or am I not putting it on right?

Sorry for all the questions!
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: A couple CaM questions...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 05:48:39 PM »
Let me see if I can help:

1.) The set with the dragon was recently re released with two torsos. The original set didn't have a torso for the poor dragon.

2.) All I can tell you is push down hard. Without a picture, though, I don't really understand what you are talking about. Maybe some else can step in and help??

3.) The CAMs with the soft heads don't have that hard plastic where the wig is inserted. Those CAM sets are old, and kinda rare now. You can still root a CAM with the hard plastic ring, it just takes some creativity.

4.) None of my CAMs have limbs that fall off. Make sure they are on tight and on the right side. You might have to take to the "loose limbs" procedures.

Hope this helps!

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 05:54:59 PM »
Thanks. ^_^ Yes, that does help a lot.

For the question regarding the wig, let's see if I can clarify a little; it just doesn't look like the peg is going all the way into the hole. I don't know for sure that it isn't going all the way in because I can't see the peg once it's on the head, but the wig kinda "sticks up", if you know what I mean.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 05:56:20 PM »
I'd say just smash it in, if it feels like the peg is too long, you could always trim a little bit off of the edge, but first try the smash :) It takes some force for some of my wigs to fit flush.

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 06:17:59 PM »
I tried that, and got the wig that came with them to fit much better. Thanks!

I tried a wig from the vampire/sea monster set on them, and still can't get that one to fit quite right; does anyone know if maybe the older wigs are a bit smaller? I picked this one up at a yard sale last summer, so it's most likely from one of the earlier-released sets.

Still having trouble with the werewolf's upper leg; it doesn't click into place like the other limbs do, and when I took it off, it almost looks like the little thing inside that connects to the torso is a bit larger than it should be, or it's shaped wrong or something. It looks different from the one on the other side, at any rate.

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 06:24:46 PM »
Some of the wigs seem to be a bit smaller, and they may not fit so nicely over the hard spot on the newer ones.  The other thing you can try is to flip the wig inside out and make sure you have the post jammed in all the way, then flip it right side out once it is in place.

As for the leg, if it looks different than the other one, something may have gone wrong.  You can always call Mattel and tell them about it.  Can't really use your set if she doesn't have legs!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 12:03:05 PM »
Alot of people have complaints about the Vamp/Sea Monster wig not fitting correctly.  People have said it seems too small:(  That's the only widespread complaint I've noticed about fit, though.

Can you move that white part in a different position?  Maybe it's turned the wrong way?  The leg should pop right on with a click sound.  I know I have a hard time getting the legs to come off!  Sometimes I turn the leg at a weird angle to get the leg off and that turns the white part to a weird angle, that's why I ask.  The white part should have a round part visible.....

If your set came with two torsos, you've most likey got a new set with the hard wig cap.  It's not impossible to re-root, is just not as easy as it used to be:)  The soft heads have no hard plastic in them at all.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 02:17:45 PM »
None of my CAM wigs fit that well, I used brute force and with Lilithas (vampire) wig I just sat there and turned it in and out for ages while I was sat in front of the TV to kind of loosen the plastic a bit. But I think it was more the brute force thing that did it :lmao: That is why most of my CAMs have Liv or faux fur wigs...

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
Without a question, my Vamp/Sea monster wig DOES NOT fit those two properly... Because I ended up buying a Liv wig for the vamp, I actually cut the hard part off of her head with an exacto knife. If all else fails, that's my recommendation.

For the leg, make sure you're angling it correctly, I have had a few thighs fall off, but it's because either the joint or leg was poorly positioned. Make sure the joint is pointing straight out from the hip and don't be afraid to use some force. If that doesn't work, contact Mattel.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal