collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Repo Princess Crown Clips (New Comb Pictures Up!)  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
Re: New Repo Princess Crown Clips (Need Feedback)
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 03:30:24 PM »

Ooh, good point! Not that I'd make it to the Ponycon, but if I were there and saw a stall selling these, I'd totally drop 10 bucks for one. (no shipping costs, Convention excitement, and what-not.)

That was my thought, and it lets people who are there to buy the princess ponies buy little extras to go with them as well. :) I like being able to help crafter-friends out where I can.

RedKitsune

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 03:40:39 PM »
I'm not sure which ponycon everyone is talking about, but I don't live near any major ones ^^; Also, right now, I'm not sure if I will sell in sets or individually. Dusky, I am seriously considering opening an etsy store.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 05:18:49 PM »
Oh, those are awesome!  :)

Depending on the price, I would definitely be interested in a full set of accessories for a princess (right now, I only have Taffeta from the second set.). And I'd be willing to pay $10 for the clip.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

RedKitsune

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 05:46:11 PM »
Scarlet: I was thinking of pricing a set at around $20 per princess. Or just selling individually. I'm not sure yet. I think I may price combs at $5, wands at $7.50, and clips at $10. I'm still unsure about what to individually price the hats at.

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 06:23:56 PM »
So lots of people have been asking for these, so I figured I would give them a shot too. The crown clip is not an exact replica, but it's close. The little parts that hook the crown together were extremely difficult to mold, so I have glued tiny pieces of velcro to make the crown attach. There is also a slim piece of foam attached to the back of the crown, so the barrette is flexible enough to move. If it were all made of resin, it would just snap apart, unfortunately. With the extra foam and velcro, I don't feel it's needed to make these as repos like I do the wands. The extra parts should be a dead enough give away. I know this isn't Pristina's correct crown, but she is the only G1 princess pony I own xp Her wand is correct, however and that is also a reproduction.

After looking at the pictures below, if you could answer the following questions, I'd be much appreciative.

Would anyone be interested in a full princess set? (ie: wand, crown clip/hat, and comb) Or would anyone just like a clip? I have a *ton* of unsold princess wands made right now. *hint hint*

Does anyone actually want a repo Sunbeam/Dawn's crown clip? I know will be dolling out $40 to $50 for an original for the mold and before I really commit, I want to know there are people out there that want this clip. I have the other two and while I'm having fun making them, I don't know if there is a huge demand for these.

The clips alone will be priced at $10 each. Would you be willing to pay that much for a repo crown clip?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The accessories look very well made.

I currently don't have any princesses from this set and this is not a set I'm desperate to have or complete. But if I had them and if the set was one of my favourites I'd surely hope to complete it and would consider buying replica accessories because the real ones are VHTF.

I would prefer to buy replica accessories individually, because I might be missing only the barrette from Pristina, wand from Taffeta etc. Also, I prefer pony hair accessories and headpieces to any other pony accessories so I do like the barrettes best.

Wish someone would make replicas of my favourite accessories (rings, wedding cakes, heart pendants, flower barrettes and SHS earrings) in unusual colours, but I do understand these would probably not be everyone elses' favourites or sell as well as the more HTF princess accessories :)
wanted G1 WEDDING/LOVE pony accessories and merchandise, ARGIE GREEN TRULY, ARGIE PEARLY-PAINTED NOVIA:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299645.0.html
trades:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299649.msg252302.html#msg252302

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 06:49:43 PM »
So I WANT to buy repros of the wands I don't have and I will want to buy the princess clips.  The problem is WHEN.  The princess wands I may be asking about soon, but buying the clips is a long way off.  I guess my answer is I intend to buy some from you, but I can't do it all right away.  Have to save up the money, take care of other priorities, etc. first.

I'll post the info about these on my site too!!!  I think they're lovely.

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 08:56:43 PM »
Scarlet: I was thinking of pricing a set at around $20 per princess. Or just selling individually. I'm not sure yet. I think I may price combs at $5, wands at $7.50, and clips at $10. I'm still unsure about what to individually price the hats at.

$20 is a good price point for me; I just have to budget for it.  (I'd really like to have Taffeta's accessories eventually but I'm in no rush.). :)

I'd also be interested in being able to buy the crown clips/wands/combs separately, as personally i tend to be missing certain pieces - i.e., I'm only short 1 wand from the first set.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

RedKitsune

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 07:32:38 AM »
Far: I'm not pushing anyone to buy from me. Right now, I'm just more trying to find the correct angle to sell these to a majority of people. I know I'm all over the place right now and I need to be more centralized.

Goldilocks: A lot of the accessories your talking about require ether painting or they need to be made of something other than plastic/resin. I'm afraid I'm not that experienced with those : / However, if it was originally some kind of plastic and not painted, I could possibly repo it for you. You would also have to provide me with an original.

Scarlet: I think I am leaning toward more selling these separately, than in sets.

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 07:46:20 AM »
Just jumping in for support!  I really eyed your wand ebay auctions, but this soon after the holidays, I couldn't swing it.  Crown clip looks great.  I'm adding that to my mental order from you!  I'll be back!!

Just a thought... could you mold Spike? I want the UK baby dragons but can't pay what they go for.  I realize they'd have to be painted but the resin color could be white, maybe? Or is that an expensive amount of resin?  I'm clueless about this process.  *half hoping you can't do that so I don't have to buy a set of those, too! *  ;)   

Gonna work on my want list!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 07:47:57 AM »
Far: I'm not pushing anyone to buy from me. Right now, I'm just more trying to find the correct angle to sell these to a majority of people. I know I'm all over the place right now and I need to be more centralized.

I know!  I just want to let you know that I'm interested!!!  :)

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

RedKitsune

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 07:54:01 AM »
Aadra: I could make the dragons out of resin easily. I could also make them in any color of resin. They aren't so large I would have to use an excessive amount ether. The problem is and this goes for the bushwoolies too, they need to be hand painted, every single one of them. Will people buy them unpainted? That's the question.

Far: It's no problem Far. I'm glad your showing your support for this : )

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 08:48:47 AM »
Is a great idea, they look original  ^.^ is a great option to save time and money for some collectors that can't afford having the originals.

Maybe you can consider making the BB hats too? that would work well wit collectors too  ;)

My suggestion for selling them is to have different options like:

Individuals, your choice of a individual crow, wand or comb at full price

Crown combo:  (crowns only) maybe taking  -$1 from the price of each crown so buying the set would be better for people who have all or most of the princess set.

Wand combo:  again wands only and  taking  -$1 each

Comb combo: combs only and  taking  -$1 each

Princess combo: all crowns and wands, maybe taking -$1.20 for each item

Premium  princess combo: all crowns, wands and combs, maybe taking -$1.30 for each item

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 08:51:05 AM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2013, 09:59:14 AM »
I love this idea and I would totally go for repro clips.  I think selling as seperate is a good idea too.  I think the wand auction looked really good, maybe a tad bit less and they would sell, or maybe splitting them up as I think a lot of collectors have a few.  Good luck, keep up the great work!! 

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2013, 10:03:33 AM »
So... You make fakie accessories? :P
These look really cool!

RedKitsune

Re: New Repo Princess Crown Clips (Comparison Pics Posted!)
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »
Sapphire: Good ideas on price suggestions : )

Applejack: I probably will be splitting them up and not selling in sets.

Lux: Good question on whether these could be called fakie accessories or not. It's just I wonder how many people who make custom ponies and a lot of those people consider them works of art, would like to have their custom called a fakie. Are customs fakies? After all, they aren't official Hasbro productions ether.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal