collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are there more Oklahomans out there?  (Read 370 times)

sheila79

• Trade Count: (0)
Are there more Oklahomans out there?
« on: January 08, 2013, 05:45:34 PM »
So, as my profile clearly states, I live in Oklahoma. Born and raised here in Central OkieLand. I'm starting this thread with the hope that I will connect with all (or most) of my fellow MLP fans in Oklahoma and, ultimately, we will have some sort of Pony meet-up in the future. Are you interested? Heck, even if you don't care to attend any sort of future get-together, please come introduce yourself. I want to hear about your collections and your love for MLP.

:grouphug: Let's do this! (Pleeeease?) :grouphug:

Sincerely,

Sheila

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
Re: Are there more Oklahomans out there?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:01:12 PM »
Howdy, fellow-Okie!  Yes, there are a handful of us in this state!  I can think of 4 right off the top of my head.  Where you at in central OK- oh, Shawnee- I see it now!  There's someone in Yukon (I think), one or two in the OKC area, and two of us here in Tulsa!  A few of them are awesome customizers, one is actually selling some cool pieces of her collection, and me and Skeen are working on our pony rooms!

I would love to do a meet sometime! 

Offline saikune

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 07:00:38 PM »
Me too! Though I'm not a super duper hardcore collector :B just sorta casual and stuff
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,300089.0.html (<-- my wishlist) (not buying atm though)

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:38:13 PM »
Me too! Just got back in July! I think there are quite a few in Oklahoma. With no beaches or mountains or snow, there's not a lot to do but indulge in ponysanity!

sheila79

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 08:41:44 PM »
Howdy, fellow-Okie!  Yes, there are a handful of us in this state!  I can think of 4 right off the top of my head.  Where you at in central OK- oh, Shawnee- I see it now!  There's someone in Yukon (I think), one or two in the OKC area, and two of us here in Tulsa!  A few of them are awesome customizers, one is actually selling some cool pieces of her collection, and me and Skeen are working on our pony rooms!

I would love to do a meet sometime!

I would love to see your Pony room when you finish, Aadra. (But is a collection ever really "finished"?) Wanna hear something hilarious? Almost 34 years in this state and I have never, ever been to Tulsa! Crazy, I know. The ladies at my work think this is utterly uproarious... Thank you so much for your response.  :happy:

Me too! Though I'm not a super duper hardcore collector :B just sorta casual and stuff

Well, you are more than welcome to join us, saikune.  :hug: I would not exactly call myself a hardcore collector either to be perfectly honest. I only have a scruffy Parasol and Blossom, one Blue Belle still in her package and a 1985 Collector's Case. That's it. I'm not in a position to collect because I live in a fairly small house with my husband, daughter and my 69 year old Dad. It is his house and I know he wouldn't be pleased with a room devoted to collecting (or hoarding as he would probably call it.  :poke: ) And, of course, my funds go to bills and my family first. Thank you for coming on board!  :cheer:

Me too! Just got back in July! I think there are quite a few in Oklahoma. With no beaches or mountains or snow, there's not a lot to do but indulge in ponysanity!

Ha! So true, MANIMAL! So very true.  :rofl: You lived in South Korea? That is so amazing to me. I've never lived anywhere but Shawnee, Oklahoma. You'll have to tell me more about what it is like over there.

Thank you so much to you all for posting here.  :hope:

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 09:20:29 PM »
Okies?  Nope, don't know anything about being an Okie.... :silly:  Lol, I guess my username gives me away huh?  You've already pm'd me, but thought I'd pop in here too! :grouphug:   :biggrin:  I'm right on the OK/TX border near Red River and Lake Texoma.  :)  I'd love to join a meet, but It'd depend on how far it'd be from me.  With my back problems, I don't travel well, lol. 
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sheila79

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 08:55:03 AM »
I'm so happy you decided to join us, okiegurl!  :iconclap:

sheila79

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 06:26:48 AM »
 :bump:

C'mon, there's gotta be more Okies out there!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal