collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 13  (Read 36591 times)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Monster High Discussion 13
« Reply #975 on: January 22, 2013, 07:02:59 AM »
I like Bloodgood, but I'm not as fond of Catrine. Bloodgood has several things going for her... She's the first female character with a Caucasian skin tone, she uses the adult body mold which has only been used once before, she's the first headless horseman character we've had, and, as far as I can tell, she has her own unique head mold.

Catrine, on the other hand, uses the same head mold as another character, she's the sixth werecat we've had if you include CAMs, she doesn't have anything unique about her outfit that sets her apart from the other werecats, except, maybe, the paintbrush heels, she's yet another character who has a pure white skin tone, and her color scheme is basically Spectra's colors except more pastel. Also, her personality is bland and boring, and she doesn't seem to have much personality outside of her art.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 22, 2013, 07:07:41 AM »
I'd just like to know why all the cat girls (with the exception of the CAM) have at least one glove. I hate the molded gloves  :razz:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 22, 2013, 07:10:46 AM »
I'd just like to know why all the cat girls (with the exception of the CAM) have at least one glove. I hate the molded gloves  :razz:

THIS!

SajiNoKami

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #978 on: January 22, 2013, 07:14:21 AM »
I'm curious! What is everyone's favorite pair of MH shoes? I know there are many of us who just LOVE the shoes. My favorite is DotD Lagoona's shoes. They are gorgeous and I love the colors!

Fan of the PD Draculaura shoes, but the main ones I love are shoes that they can stand in without support.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #979 on: January 22, 2013, 09:08:04 AM »
I'm curious! What is everyone's favorite pair of MH shoes? I know there are many of us who just LOVE the shoes. My favorite is DotD Lagoona's shoes. They are gorgeous and I love the colors!
Good question, but hard! Hmm...... DOTD Lagoona's have already been mentioned, so I'm gonna have to say either DOTD Clawdeen's (dem shiny gold pumps) or Dance Class Operetta's :D

I just bought this gorgeous Lagoona shirt, can't wait until it arrives! :D http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-us-W2012-s/340502/1084023/MONSTER%2BHIGH%2BT-SHIRT
AHHH that is really cute!!!

Some people have mentioned not being fond of Catrine because she's too normal or pretty/not as scary, etc... I wonder what they think of Headless Headmistress Bloodgood. She's completely normal if you pop on her head.  ^.^
I like Bloodgood as a character, but I'm really just looking forward to dat body mold for customs. If I get her I'll probably put her stock up for sale (unless she's an exclusive or something! Then I'd feel too bad to mutilate her @_@)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:10:12 AM by saply »

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #980 on: January 22, 2013, 09:10:55 AM »
I like Bloodgood as a character, but I'm really just looking forward to dat body mold for customs. If I get her I'll probably put her stock up for sale (unless she's an exclusive or something! Then I'd feel too bad to mutilate her @_@)

She's a TRU exclusive. ^^;

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 22, 2013, 09:34:05 AM »
Some people have mentioned not being fond of Catrine because she's too normal or pretty/not as scary, etc... I wonder what they think of Headless Headmistress Bloodgood. She's completely normal if you pop on her head.  ^.^

There are several things I like about HHM. First, she appears to use the larger torso. Her head is designed to come off (it looks like it can be easily put on and removed, unlike the normal dolls), she's the first doll of an adult, she has a really cool outfit.... and her concept is unique to both the franchise and to playline dolls.

Catrine, on the other hand, shares a head mold with two other dolls (granted, those dolls are twins, but still), and there are already three werecats in the line. There are also three werewolves, but each one of those has something unique; gender or body size.

Like I've said before; Catrine is pretty, just not creative. For playline in general, but especially for this line. Even C.A. Cupid, who was another random one-shot character with a reused head mold, had more creativity. She's a monster who was adopted by a god. She was the first "winged" doll, and those wings were stunning. And she was the first to utilize the body tattoos.

Quoted for truth :)
Also keep in mind that HHB is an important and recurring character in the webisodes (I hope they will make her horse, she's not complete without Nightmare *g*) whereas Catrine DeMew is a completely new character designed for a TV Special only.
That means that HHB wasn't intended to be a doll in the first place, she was a character first. But Catrine was a doll made into a character (to promote said doll).
They had no restrictions to her doll, they could have gone crazy with her theme, outfit, etc.
But they didn't *g*

I love how Catrine looks, but - like I said before - she is not a werecat to me. She isn't even a monster to me, she is a unicorn and I will so put a horn on her head :lol:

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #982 on: January 22, 2013, 09:40:59 AM »
Wait... They're actually going to make Bloodgood? AWESOME!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #983 on: January 22, 2013, 09:41:22 AM »

Oh dear ^^; I guess that's not as bad as being a ComicCon exclusive but still...

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 22, 2013, 09:44:45 AM »

Oh dear ^^; I guess that's not as bad as being a ComicCon exclusive but still...

The German TRU online store is still brimming with Cat Twins and other exclusives. All slightly reduced in price (which is remarkable for Germany, lol), so don't sweat it.
As a person who usually has to pay more for her dolls, at least I am fine over here :lol:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 22, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »
I also don't think the Lady will be rare.. after all people customized the heck out of Meowlody and Purrsephone and still nobody has trouble finding any. :P

That is.. if they don't bundle her up with the school playset. :/

(and OH YES, I am also hoping she will come with nightmare.. MH Horse would be AWESOMESAUCE! :>)

Offline TwilightElphaba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • Adulthood is overrated
« Reply #986 on: January 22, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »
I also don't think the Lady will be rare.. after all people customized the heck out of Meowlody and Purrsephone and still nobody has trouble finding any. :P

That is.. if they don't bundle her up with the school playset. :/

(and OH YES, I am also hoping she will come with nightmare.. MH Horse would be AWESOMESAUCE! :>)
She needs her horsie. *sage nod*

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #987 on: January 22, 2013, 10:59:40 AM »
re shoes: I can't really narrow down a favorite pair (I have a least favorite pair which are Clawdeen's Club shoes/Sister Clawdeen's Shoes/Abbey's i :heart: fashion white shoes/Abbey's Wave 5 fashion shoes.) The shoe with the most reuses is the one I hate the most >.< I just don't like them. They're hard to get on and they don't look good from the front, only the side. However, I think DotD Lagoona's shoes are gorgeous (if not versatile) so I'ma go with that. Or GB Frankies, which are extremely versatile with paint :D

re Catrine: I'm not pleased she'll have molded glove hands or kanekalon hair but I think she's pretty and will definately be part of my stock collection (unlike cupid whom I just did not like) and I think she'll make a good base for other projects :D

re HHM Bloodgood: I am extremely looking forward to her release! She'll definately be coming home to me. Twice I think, one for display and the other to be my Night Class mascot (which she already is, having a doll of her will just be gravy :D) I just hope she isn't too terribly expensive.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 22, 2013, 11:39:18 AM »
Someone on evilbay already has Bloodgood up for presale.... (not on hand) says its coming out soon but gave no date lol. charging crazy money for her too.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #989 on: January 22, 2013, 11:42:57 AM »
Yeah, people put up presales for every doll like that. I never understood it... Why would I want to pay triple the price for a doll that I may not even receive? (I understand if they order EE cases, but with exclusives, I don't think that's the case...)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal