collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 13  (Read 39018 times)

kaskurgi

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 13
« Reply #540 on: January 15, 2013, 10:17:43 AM »
Don't feel bad. People don't post if they spray perfume near an item which people can be allergic to. If an item is used and out in the open it's not going to smell normal no matter what. All mine sit on my desk and I burn candles, use perfume, use incense (a musky scented one or a licorice one), and I have had no complaints yet. I have dogs around too they don't touch the dolls. I don't put them on a surface where they can get to. I feel like if people are worried that much about how something smells (obviously if it reeks that's a different story), but slight smells are going to happen no matter what. We all don't live in a field of roses and even then it would probably smell like dirt and roses ;)

I just listed all of my dolls for sale in my sales thread...... but I live in a smoking house so I don't know if anyone wants them now.....

I put a disclaimer identical to the one Maniah questioned in my thread. To me my dolls do not smell like smoke. They are stored away from the smoking area of my house. I've sold tons of things to people on here before, without saying that people smoked in my house, and I never had any complain of any smell. I decided to put in the warning just in case someone has an allergy and is super, SUPER sensitive to it. I've lived around smokers my entire life, so I may not be able to pick pick up the smell like someone that has not.

I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. I thought I was being helpful and kind..... I'm sorry.  :(

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #541 on: January 15, 2013, 10:27:48 AM »
Dxgirly, posting that warning is the kind thing to do. I hope I didn't come across as implying that it was wrong to do so or anything. I had innocently wondered about it is all.

If you are worried, you could always put the dolls in a Tupperware container or plastic bag with an open box of baking soda. That's what I do with any dolls I buy from smokers if I don't want to bathe them. It helps after some time.

You have alerted people though so you have done your part :)

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 15, 2013, 10:42:08 AM »
Oh good. I was just worried people were upset with me. Ironically enough, I hate the smell of smoke too, and I wouldn't like it if I got something with a heavy smell of smoke. I just don't know if there's a light smell of it on all of my things, and I'm just accustomed to the smell. I hate living with smokers. ugh.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #543 on: January 15, 2013, 10:43:34 AM »
@Melissa - will be PM'ing you in a moment

re:smoking - I've been putting a smoking and pet disclaimer in my sells for years. I've lived around smokers all my life so I honestly have no idea how bad my dolls smell of smoke because unless someone blows smoke in my face, I don't even notice the smell anymore. It doesn't matter if I keep them in my room away from the person who smokes, we have central a/c so the smell does go all over anyway. Recently one of the smokers in my house quit, but I'm sure the damage is done. Same goes for pets. Doesn't matter. You touch your pets, you touch your dolls sometimes without thinking. Hair and dander gets transferred. Pretty much if it's in your house it's affecting your things

Offline zap18

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony Friends Forever Convention
« Reply #544 on: January 15, 2013, 10:44:20 AM »
I just spotted this tag in my Walmart store:

Hopefully Catrine will be here sooner rather than later!

Also, it looked like they had just restocked the basic Scaris dolls, and no Duece.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 15, 2013, 10:53:23 AM »
Zap, I just squeed a little.  PM'ed you dxgirly about DT Clawdeen.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 15, 2013, 10:57:25 AM »
I just spotted this tag in my Walmart store:

Hopefully Catrine will be here sooner rather than later!

Also, it looked like they had just restocked the basic Scaris dolls, and no Duece.
asdgkjadshkgjhadskjghjaskdghjadskhgkasjdhgksjdghksjdhgkadsghasdgiwaetuioasgag.

Oh I hope the next time I go to walmart I have cash, and Catrine is on the shelf. I'll even wait until my birthday to open her!

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 15, 2013, 11:01:38 AM »
I just listed all of my dolls for sale in my sales thread...... but I live in a smoking house so I don't know if anyone wants them now.....

I put a disclaimer identical to the one Maniah questioned in my thread. To me my dolls do not smell like smoke. They are stored away from the smoking area of my house. I've sold tons of things to people on here before, without saying that people smoked in my house, and I never had any complain of any smell. I decided to put in the warning just in case someone has an allergy and is super, SUPER sensitive to it. I've lived around smokers my entire life, so I may not be able to pick pick up the smell like someone that has not.

I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. I thought I was being helpful and kind..... I'm sorry.  :(

I've bought from DXGirly before and I was not overwhelmed with the smell of smoke at all (and I tend to be sensitive to it). She takes good care of her ghouls :)

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 15, 2013, 11:07:43 AM »
Thanks, Catlein. I didn't think that they did, but it's nice to hear someone who's sensitive to it say that. ^.^

And Catrine! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I'm going to look for the tag at my store tonight, and then bug Jim from Toys so he knows to look out for her for me!! :frolic:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 15, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »
Yay! Caterine!! I'mma go check in a little bit! *Gets ready to shower* I am sooo hoping someone pulls an uh-oh move and stocked her early! *Looks at cluttered MH storage* Err...*Looks at slowly shrinking funds*...Crap...

Anyone know how much a B&W SS Frankie is going for now a days??
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #550 on: January 15, 2013, 12:16:29 PM »
I'm also going to mention that my room (where most of my stuff is kept) is a whole floor away from my dad's room (where he smokes) and no one else smokes in any other area of the house... I really don't think my dad's smoking is a big enough issue to mention.  It's just not close enough to be a big deal.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:19:48 PM by PandaBerryInSpace »

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #551 on: January 15, 2013, 12:38:44 PM »
re: Smoking

I have pretty severe allergies and asthma. Occasionally, I have an asthma attack because I get a whiff of the downstairs neighbor's smoke at my apartment complex. When I was a kid, my parents smoked outside, but even the scent of it on them would trigger a severe attack, so I really appreciate seeing a mention in any listing I'm considering if it's anywhere in the household at all.

re: Catrine

If anyone happens upon an extra, please think of me! The closest Walmart is a 30 minute drive for me, and with medical school, I just don't have time to hunt there every day.

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 15, 2013, 12:44:03 PM »
Please think of me if you come across Catrine as well!  There aren't any Walmarts near me.  Does anyone know if she'll be available online?

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 15, 2013, 12:46:39 PM »
Dxgirly - Don't fret over it too much. Putting up the warning is the polite thing to do. There will ALWAYS be people who are willing to buy from smokers, just like there will be people who aren't willing. You won't loose out on money just because you put the warning up. And this way, if someone buys from you and REALLY doesn't like the smell, they can't complain because you have the warning.

PandaBerryInSpace - Honestly, coming from someone who is HIGHLY allergic, while your dolls may be a whole floor from your dad's room, they still might have enough cigarette smoke to set off someone with allergies. I have problems just walking past smokers (which I have to at work all the time since my coworkers will glom up outside after hours and smoke). I am willing to buy from someone who has the warning in their sales because over the years of having grandparents who smoke and send me stuff I've learned how to air things out, but some people either don't know, or that doesn't help enough. I don't know... If I was in your kind of situation I'd want to make sure I wouldn't get negative feedback for something as stupid as a faint smell.

Now, back on topic.... Oh man I can't wait for Catrine to get here! She's so pretty! I also wonder when TRU will get HHM Bloodgood.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 15, 2013, 12:49:11 PM »
I shall be out on the lookout as best as I can for Caterine to help, but me comes first! :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal