collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 13  (Read 39051 times)

spherogirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 13
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2013, 09:10:43 AM »
Just checked the store in Lowell and got the same thing. Empty shelves and stickers. I asked one of the employees and she said that they wouldn't get their shipment until Friday.

At which store? I've been looking in the Lowell area and NH and haven't spotted even an indication that they are coming!

I love Clawdeen's hammer pants and her yellow jacket too.  Kung foo Lagoona is a tough sell however.  I'm going to swing by Target *again* this morning to see if they received Powerghouls stock.  I know they're arriving soon because they cleared shelf space and put out their price sticker.  Wish me luck!
Hey!  The Target in Haverhill and Methuen MA are the ones with spots and stickers for Powerghouls.  I was just at the one in Haverhill this morning, and they weren't stocked yet.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2013, 09:23:05 AM »
I wish I had that kind of luck! :cry:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2013, 09:30:01 AM »
ETA: If you look closely, you'll see that it's a Clawdeen with human hands, not claws. So, a really old one!
First thing that popped into my mind when I saw the picture.

I am so grateful that I found every signature doll in store in the beginning of my collecting without having to panic online at those scary high prices. >,<; Also grateful that when I couldn't find First release Clawdeen, someone here was nice enough to pick one up for me here and sell for a total of the price+shipping!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Aaryana

« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2013, 10:25:24 AM »
ETA: If you look closely, you'll see that it's a Clawdeen with human hands, not claws. So, a really old one!
First thing that popped into my mind when I saw the picture.

I am so grateful that I found every signature doll in store in the beginning of my collecting without having to panic online at those scary high prices. >,<; Also grateful that when I couldn't find First release Clawdeen, someone here was nice enough to pick one up for me here and sell for a total of the price+shipping!

I got all mine back in the day as well! So glad that, for the first time ever, I was ahead of the bandwagon.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2013, 10:28:14 AM »
My Target was resetting today when I went there. No new MH dolls yet, but all of the new ponies were there.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2013, 10:35:23 AM »
I only got Frankie at the store when they first came out. ;^;
But I stalked ebay for MONTHS and managed to get Lagoona for 1.5x and Clawdeen for 2x their resale price, from a collector. (So basically mint, even the plastic cords were/are still attached. They have a wee bit of glue seepage, to treat it I had to get rid of the cords which was/is a shame but oh well.
..then again which EU wave1 doll doesn't have seeping glue. -_-)

So still a reasonable price. However, I'd LOVE for them to be re-released like Lala, because I desperately want to repaint those two in my own style. xD :heart: ..so fingers crossed that one day they'll be sold again. ;>

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »
I got all my originals when they came out. In fact, if I"m not mistaken my Draculaura's box (which is in the attic right now) said that the dolls were for 13+ instead of 6+. There's times I kind of wish they STILL said that because I HATE HATE HATE having a customer b*tch to me and say that the dolls are slutty and not appropriate for her 9 year old and how dare Mattel make dolls like that and market them to kids as young as 6. That or that box says it's for 6 year olds why do you think my 12 year old would like this she isn't into baby toys. Both of those parents make me roll my eyes.

Frankie Stein

« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2013, 11:27:47 AM »
Yeah because your the one marking the age requirement and your the one FORCING the customers to buy them and rant on you lol XD

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2013, 12:49:22 PM »
Yes. They have discovered my evil scheme. Whatever shall I do? *goes back to stocking shelves*

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2013, 12:49:54 PM »
>.>
<.<

help me! Howleens are taking over. They're multiplying like bunnies!

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2013, 12:56:49 PM »
My Target was resetting today when I went there. No new MH dolls yet, but all of the new ponies were there.

Mine was too, I grabbed Polterghoul and the two coloring ponies, they were working on ponies, so I didn't get in the way, lol.  I left Wonder Wolf behind.  I know that from this moment, I will never see her again, and she will become the doll I want the most solely because I left her there.

Rococo

« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2013, 01:00:27 PM »

Mine was too, I grabbed Polterghoul and the two coloring ponies, they were working on ponies, so I didn't get in the way, lol.  I left Wonder Wolf behind.  I know that from this moment, I will never see her again, and she will become the doll I want the most solely because I left her there.

This happens to me quite a bit. I decide I don't want a certain doll I saw in stores and then my ambivalence turns into "must get" the minute I realize I may have lost my chance to ever get that doll for retail price.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2013, 01:09:23 PM »
I must be in the minority because I liked the most recent wave of single fashions the best. I love that they are simplistic and more realistic. I did not like the last wave at all. Lagoona's suit thing was very unfortunate, and while the Hammer pants brought back some memories, they've never actually been on a doll. The only outfit from that set that I even remotely liked was Abbey's, but that's because I'm a figure skater and doll ice skates always make me happy.

ETA: WOAH! Look what someone just found at a Walmart in California!

I too like the cute new fashions and at 5.99 I think they work ;D

Also that picture! I am soooo jealous haha.  It must be old stock or something since right below it is the ice bed for Abbey!~  I wish that'd happen to me  :lovey:

Some of the Targets here have started their resets but I've noticed they are typically slow near my house so I just wait it out.

I'm not sure if I LOVE all the new dolls coming out so fast and in a short span of time, but it is also exciting to have choices unlike MLP  :blush:

Rococo

« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »
I wish I could find in-stores a wave 1 Clawdeen to replace my wonk-eyed girl. So jelly right now! xD

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2013, 01:17:36 PM »
I must be in the minority because I liked the most recent wave of single fashions the best. I love that they are simplistic and more realistic. I did not like the last wave at all. Lagoona's suit thing was very unfortunate, and while the Hammer pants brought back some memories, they've never actually been on a doll. The only outfit from that set that I even remotely liked was Abbey's, but that's because I'm a figure skater and doll ice skates always make me happy.

ETA: WOAH! Look what someone just found at a Walmart in California!

Oh man that is so lucky! I keep kicking myself for passing by Clawdeen and Torelai.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal