collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hot Topic has restocked the Rainbow dash and Bubble Funko figures!  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Topic has restocked the Rainbow dash and Bubble Funko figures!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 07:29:01 PM »
Does everyone think they are worth the money for them? I have yet to see them in person!

Ehh... I felt a bit better buying them at Hot Topic during one of their "buy one get one 1/2 off" sales. For me, the two of them came out to about $21, and I didn't feel like $10 per pony was too awfully much. If I were just getting one of them, though, I think that the regular price is fine.

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 07:42:12 PM »
Does everyone think they are worth the money for them? I have yet to see them in person!
I absolutely do! I like them better then the playful ponies personally.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 08:09:39 PM »
I just got my :muffin: Pony this past weekend from our local store.  They said they had just restocked that morning but when I looked around, I only saw that one that she handed to me.  Were they gone that fast or was adding one figure their idea of restocking? :huh:

Offline Brandi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 09:05:45 PM »
I just got my Drama Pony this past weekend from our local store.  They said they had just restocked that morning but when I looked around, I only saw that one that she handed to me.  Were they gone that fast or was adding one figure their idea of restocking? :huh:
At my local store when I first went the day before yesterday  they must of had at least 10 bubble figures out and about 6 rainbow dash.  Today though when I was there they had only 5 bubble figs, but it looks like they had about the same number of rainbow dash's.

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »
Argh...I want that :muffin: Pony, and Dr. Whooves when he comes out, but I'm not paying Hot Topic's outrageous shipping prices again! I ordered 2 t-shirts for Christmas for around $25, and shipping was an additional $40! :faint: Yes FedEx express shipping is super fast, but I hate that it's the only option. 
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »
I just got my Drama Pony this past weekend from our local store.  They said they had just restocked that morning but when I looked around, I only saw that one that she handed to me.  Were they gone that fast or was adding one figure their idea of restocking? :huh:
When I went to find both Ditzy and Rainbow Dash at my closest Hot Topic, there was only one on display in the window. The cashier told me there's some guy that comes in the day they get the shipment and buys them all out. You may have a scalper in your midst if they run out that quickly!

I went another Hot Topic and got my Ditzy there, but no RD. I really want RD but I'm saving up for other stuff so she'll have to wait.

Duster reference]

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 03:45:36 PM »
I saw Ditzy today from a distance, as we walked by Hot Topic in the mall..... but sadly, I have no money for her right now. Hopefully she'll still be there next week.

Glitzy Gems

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 05:54:54 PM »
My friend at school got me Bubbles from Greenville Mall's Hot Topic, and it's the second release one, all the way back in November!   ^.^

And for everyone wondering about why Bubbles' color is so rough, it's because the color vinyl they're using is that grey; she's totally unpainted, how lazy!  :lol:. Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash has a lovely glossy blue paint, she's a completely different texture.

I can't wait for the new ones!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 05:56:37 PM »
And for everyone wondering about why Bubbles' color is so rough, it's because the color vinyl they're using is that grey; she's totally unpainted, how lazy!  :lol:. Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash has a lovely glossy blue paint, she's a completely different texture.

I didn't know that! Lazy indeed... Now I want to take them out of their boxes just to get a good look at the difference!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 07:01:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure both :muffin: Pony's and Rainbow's base colors are just unpainted plastic...
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Glitzy Gems

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 07:18:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure both Drama Pony's and Rainbow's base colors are just unpainted plastic...

The Rainbow Dash I received yesterday definitely has paint. It's a very glossy, sleek finish. Meanwhile, my Bubblebutt has a very rough feeling, and I can see flaws where she was punched out of the machine!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 08:24:26 PM »
Both of them use colored plastic. The only paint is on RD's tail, mane and forelock. Some pony's may have a different feeling, depending on how they were handled and cleaned up after they were pulled from the mold. The mold will also leave a texture.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 10:41:19 AM »
I have colored Gemini prototypes for both bubblebutt and RD.  I compared them to the finished product-

The unfinished RD colored prototype has dark blue hair and a blue body-  the blue is identical to the finished pony.  I don't know if it is painted on for the finished product or not- but it doesn't look that way (they both appear to have the color of the original plastic).

Bubble butt base color on the prototype is a totally different grey color than the final product- with light yellow mane/tail that is identical to the finished product.

So either they changed the color of Bubblebutt (likely)- or they painted it.  I could take a comparison photo if it helps- but not sure it would make any difference...

I am hoping someone can take a pic of the new RD and old together- to show the paint job?  Did they fix those messy lines on the mane and tail?

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 10:48:58 AM »

I think they look pretty good. I only got :muffin: Pony, though. Mostly because of money and space issues but I'm not as wild about Rainbow Dash in general. But when Fluttershy and Doctor Whooves come out, they're both mine!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2013, 11:05:11 AM »

I think they look pretty good. I only got Drama Pony, though. Mostly because of money and space issues but I'm not as wild about Rainbow Dash in general. But when Fluttershy and Doctor Whooves come out, they're both mine!

I think they are a fabulous price- the packaging is beautiful- the ponies are super solid and heavy-  the sculpt is beautiful (even if it is a little rough due to the type of plastic they chose).  I think they are very much worth what I see as a super low price tag for a product from a smaller (comparatively speaking) company such as Gemeni-   (it costs them a ton more to make stuff than Hasbro or Mattel)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal