collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alternative to DH for fading pink?  (Read 395 times)

CarnationTwirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Alternative to DH for fading pink?
« on: January 03, 2013, 09:01:03 PM »
I want to buy more fading pink, since it's just such a pretty colour I want to use it a lot.  What I got last time from Dollyhair was pathetically skimpy (9g = ~61 plug sized clumps) I was wondering what colour from what other sellers I should be looking at?

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
Re: Alternative to DH for fading pink?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 12:37:32 AM »
i have no answer so fast, but shannon (retrodoll) is very nice and helpfull, maybe you could ask her?
where are you located? or wouldn´t it matter where to order from?

lets see, i found it here:
http://www.mylittlecustoms.com/-Pussycat/p635040_2786112.aspx
mylittlecustoms has a good service too and is great if you are in europe. ;)

http://www.retrodolls.co.uk/fantasy.html
paradise couldbea match?

http://retrodollsus.weebly.com/nylon.html
sweet pea, maybe?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:45:49 AM by emuel »
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 04:14:31 AM »
Yes Paradise from Retro Dolls is great as an replacement, bit its still different from pussy cat... Its about the same shade of pink but Pussy cat have a sort of orange hint in it that you can see when you angle it in certain ways that Paradise lack.

CarnationTwirl

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »
where are you located?
Canada, BC.  So sometimes I get nailed on shipping, sometimes I don't.  From the UK I'd (maybe?) get nailed on it.

RetrodollsUS is sold out of Paradise atm.  I'll have to keep an eye on it since it doesn't appear to be available as a preorder either.  I also noticed it was on the synthetic page, is theirs much different from nylon?  How does the bang for your buck compare?

Does Retrodolls UK ship to Canada?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:13:51 PM by CarnationTwirl »

Miserati

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 04:11:16 PM »
RetroDollsUS' "synthetic" hair isn't exactly like nylon as it is a bit harder to curl and doesn't take dye but it has a soft texture. You could maybe ask Shannon for a hair sample.

CarnationTwirl

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 07:36:57 PM »
I'll probably order from RetrodollsUS when it's back in stock, finances allowing.
I took a chance on buying a 12" bag of shape shifter monofiber in pixie pink from Ikickshins to see what it's going to be like to work with and how it compares to DH.  Nothing turned up when I googled it for peoples experiences with it for ponies and the video I watched shows it behaving very differently than kanakleon when being heat styled.
I'll do some comparisons and post my results if people are interested.  It may take a while to get here though, because it's considered a special order.

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 04:18:31 PM »
where are you located?
Canada, BC.  So sometimes I get nailed on shipping, sometimes I don't.  From the UK I'd (maybe?) get nailed on it.

RetrodollsUS is sold out of Paradise atm.  I'll have to keep an eye on it since it doesn't appear to be available as a preorder either.  I also noticed it was on the synthetic page, is theirs much different from nylon?  How does the bang for your buck compare?

Does Retrodolls UK ship to Canada?
  Paradise is available for pre-order, I haven't had a chance to add it to the pre-order page as of yet- if you'd like to order some, just shoot me a pm ;) We also sell monofiber :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal