collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does taking off G1 heads devalue them? *UPDATE*  (Read 2827 times)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Does taking off G1 heads devalue them? *UPDATE*
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »
I broke up a couple of denture tablets and put them inside a SHS, then added water.  Same with the head.  She needs a scrub, but it's much better now.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 09:29:13 AM »
Oh yuck! Poor Whizzer! Mine was exactly the same way... you would have thought she was mint condition when you saw her but when I broke her open she was quite nasty inside. That's why I prefer to open them up every time- because you just never know!

Dawn brand dish soap works the best for me, because it contains chemicals that break down spores and prevent mold from ever coming back. You could also use Mr. Clean if you're having trouble, but I don't know how this will effect the eyes. I definitely second toothpaste for scrubbing out rust too as well as using an (old!) toothbrush so you can scrub scrub scrub!

If you use hot water, the plastic should become soft enough for you to work with, and it will be easier to get inside the legs.

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 09:54:53 AM »
As long as it comes off cleanly without ripping or jagged edges I would say no, it will not lower their price. I've never actually heard of somebody asking for a discount because the head was loose. Some ponies have such little factory glue they're already loose. However, if you cut it with an xacto knife and there are cut edges then yes. IMO re-glueing devalues more than leaving the head loose.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 01:51:51 PM »
Yup I ll second dental cleanser tablets shoved into her legs, fill with warm water and allow her to soak - then a baby toothbrush or a pipe cleaner for a good scrub. I use Johnsons shampoo [which is also a soap] to scrub the inside again.

Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Pickenprod

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 10:16:27 PM »
As long as it comes off cleanly without ripping or jagged edges I would say no, it will not lower their price. I've never actually heard of somebody asking for a discount because the head was loose. Some ponies have such little factory glue they're already loose. However, if you cut it with an xacto knife and there are cut edges then yes. IMO re-glueing devalues more than leaving the head loose.

I'd have to agree with this philosophy. I'd much rather have a clean pony than an "original" one with rust or what-have-you. I also prefer heads to stay loose, because cleaning and maintenance is just so much easier that way! I like to leave the heads off for a couple days after washing and hair styling, to make SURE they are dry inside.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal