collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dissapointed!  (Read 1192 times)

Tancho

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Dissapointed!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 02:02:57 PM »
Agreed - price vs condition just doesn't add up. If the person selling hasn't got a pony there for comparison then you can understand why they would say it looks ok, but when you look against a nice Moonstone the differences are obvious. At least you have ebay on your side for this one and I'm sure the seller will be understanding. If I were in your shoes I'd feel the same.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 02:39:03 PM »
Oh I can totally sympathesize with your longing and waiting and desire!  So difficult when there's one danging in front of you!

I can see the glitter loss in one of the seller's photos, but it does look like they took a photograph of every single angle EXCEPT the angle in which you would notice the mold spots.  There is a tiny blemish that would make me email the seller and ask for another photo of the symbol straight on, with no flash. 

Did you ask them for more pictures?  Were they forthcoming about offering to do so?  Was there enough time left in the auction?

I hope the seller is willing to refund upon return of the pony because I agree, $150 was too much for  a MOC in this condition!  I am sure the moment was tempting when you saw it and I imagine that there's some level of buyers' remorse here, but the fact remains that it appears to me that the seller wasn't sure how much the spots devalued the item, so they didn't advertise the flaw.  :( 

If it doesn't go well, please keep us updated!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 09:41:18 PM »
The seller, Kokomo Toys, is an actual brick & mortar shop, not just an online seller. From the pictures on their website, it looks like they specialize in 80's action figures (and have a HUGE inventory of them, too). Even if they are not familiar with ponies, I think it would be safe to say that they should be able to properly describe damages in a "MOC" vintage toy.

Hopefully they are willing to work with you to get a refund. The glitter loss may be hard for a non pony person to judge, but the mold spots should be obvious to anyone familiar with vintage toys. If you do have to open a dispute with Paypal, I'd suggest making more of an emphasis on the mold spots & let the glitter loss be the secondary issue. I received a moldy MOC pony from Argentina a few years ago & had to open a PayPal dispute.

Best of luck to you & please keep us updated.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 03:18:52 AM »
wow thats disappointing :(  You'd think they would know about mold etc and conditon since they deal in vintage toys ... :huh:  Hopefully though you'll be able to return the pony for a full refund since its not in the condition it is supposed to be in, but that doesnt take away the disappointment.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 08:35:14 AM »
I wanted to update that they finally got back to me and are offering a refund upon return.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 10:44:24 AM »
I wanted to update that they finally got back to me and are offering a refund upon return.

Well, at least they were reasonable about it.  :)  So frustrating that you're looking for a MOC Moonstone for so long though!  Another will come up, I'm sure!  *pony hugs* 

I still think it's a little questionable that they took pictures from every angle except a full, clear shot of the symbols, which is practically a THIRD of the value of a MLP.  I wonder if they would take pictures if requested?  I mean, I know they're a Real Life Retailer but customer service is supposed to be customer service! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline sparkleset80

• Trade Count: (+178)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 01:09:28 PM »
I'm pretty sure they are a member here too. I remember posting about their shop.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 09:41:35 PM »
I just wanted to update that they agreed to the return and I received my refund this morning. The transaction ended peacefully and hopefully they will be more aware of the pony's condition next time :)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2013, 06:05:18 AM »
I just wanted to update that they agreed to the return and I received my refund this morning. The transaction ended peacefully and hopefully they will be more aware of the pony's condition next time :)

Yay, always so glad to see when these things work out. :)

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal