collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who made a New Year's resolution to become a better writer?  (Read 232 times)

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Who made a New Year's resolution to become a better writer?
« on: January 01, 2013, 12:24:13 PM »
Gauging interest-- Tired of watching people slaughter the English language, or being fairly certain that you're doing it on a regular basis?

How many of you would take an e-course to improve your grammar and punctuation skills (or get a gift certificate for someone you think should take it)? It would involve optional skill building exercises and require no interaction. It would take just ten minutes, twice per week, to go through 24 simple, jargon-free topics that cover one skill at a time. It would also include 5 passes for the year, to ask grammatical questions or get up to a page of proofreading help. The cost would be a flat $30. Think this is something you or somebody you know would be interested in doing?

PLEASE NOTE: This is not me trying to sell stuff. I'm just trying to get a large number of people to respond with their opinion on whether this is a good concept or not before I even try to get it off the ground. Just looking for opinions! :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Who made a New Year's resolution to become a better writer?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 07:07:13 PM »
Sounds interesting! Good luck!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
Re: Who made a New Year's resolution to become a better writer?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:54:22 PM »
I think this sounds like a fantastic and much needed idea! That being said, I'm not sure that it would sell well. My completely-not-backed-up-by-any-actual-data impression is that, in general, the crazy-making grammar abusers across the internet don't care that they're doing it badly, so they wouldn't be interested in improving. Although, if you found the right audience it could go really well (Students? Aspiring writers? Folks who are learning English?)

I think the potential is definitely there, you've just gotta find your niche.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal