collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 baits, best way to sell?  (Read 809 times)

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1 baits, best way to sell?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 07:23:00 PM »
I say individually just because I like to pick through them for certain poses or just to see how baity they actually are.
I'm interested to know what you have now! :lol:

momo_no_hime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 10:54:59 AM »
Ok, I'll try individually, and then maybe put whatever doesn't sell in a lot. Any ideas on pricing?? What would be a reasonable price range for baits?

Depends on whether you just want to move stock or make money. :) When I just wanted them gone, I would price them at 50 cents to $1  each, and they would disappear! Otherwise, if you want to make a little bit more, I agree with what hathorcat.

Also, I have found that white bait ponies tend to sell really well, so those can go for a little higher. :D

Offline tsukikakushi

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 04:18:49 PM »
If you've got any Fireflies I'd be willing to take them in for you ;)
Wishlist:http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,350943.new.html#new

Currently looking for FF Minty. Let me know if you have her for sale!  :newpony:

Offline therestornadosinmysoup

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 07:15:42 AM »
It is an odd bunch, for the most part. No Firefly, sorry :(  The common ones like collector pose, Glory pose, Moondancer pose, Sundance pose would be cheaper but what about what about babies, brush 'n grow, and Sweetheart sister poses? How would those be priced?  :blink:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »
Some of the SHS and Brush n Grow price themselves the same or cheaper than collectors pose ponies when the ponies are in nice condition - it all really truly depends on how baity they are, what is wrong with them and what ponies they are. For example a SHS with just a hair cut and a missing earring is going to be worth more than a SHS covered in cancer and marker stains all over her. Or a Butterscotch with just a missing tail and a little pin dot will have more value than a Baby Cotton Candy with a buzz cut and regrind. Its honestly all a matter of scale.

Perhaps if you do need exact prices you could post some pictures in the Corral along with a quick sentence with what is wrong with them?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 12:41:25 PM »
Bait desirability comes down to what's wrong with the pony, color and pose.  Ponies which are uncommon to rare with only fixable issues (such as hair cuts, pindot, etc) shouldn't really go as bait, but as restore prospects.  Ponies with mechanisms (such as Brush n' Grow, Dance n' Prance, Happy Tails, etc.) can be moderately to very hard to restore if they have hair cuts.   

Baby ponies and Big brothers without body flaws (missing symbols are fine, even desirable for a bait) are going to be near the top of the value list.  White bodied ponies without cancer/marks too. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal