collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mini Figure Set, walmart won't sell it to me??  (Read 2087 times)

Offline TraderTif

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Mini Figure Set, walmart won't sell it to me??
« on: December 15, 2012, 11:56:42 AM »
So, yesterday I was at TRU, and saw the new mini figure sets.  I was pressed for time, and didn't browse through them all, but I saw the set with Zecora, and the set with Hoity-Toity, so I grabbed them.  It was only when I got home that I remembered that there should have been a third set - the one with Diamond Tiara.

Today, I'm at Walmart, and I see the third set.  Yay!!  I take it up to the checkout, and it won't scan in.  I assume it's new and just hasn't been entered into the computer.  The checkout lady takes it off to the manager, or whatever, and comes back saying it's been recalled and they can't sell it.

:huh:

I was pressed for time again, so I didn't bother arguing.  I know I can get the set somewhere else eventually.  But, I was just curious if anyone else has had this issue??? 

:what:

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Figure Set, walmart won't sell it to me??
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »
I had issues with that set not scanning through at Wal-Mart, but they just price checked it for me and off I went. :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 12:10:17 PM »
I also had a problem with the Diamond Tiara set when buying at a TRU. It was on Black Friday so the line was building and I was getting kinda nervous about holding up the line. Thankfully the saleslady was pretty nice and just went to the aisle I grabbed it from, manually punched in the price, and everything was fine.

Sucks they couldn't sell it to you! Hopefully you can find it.

Duster reference]

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 12:16:58 PM »
Class of Cutie Marks and Famous Friends wouldn't scan at Walmart when I got them either. I had to stand around probably about 15 min or so while a cashier and a supervisor tried to find it in the computer system and couldn't, left to go down the toy aisle to grab another set and couldn't seem the find any more (which was ridiculous because there were like 12 of them on the shelf including older sets) then tried to determine a price to sell it and to me for  >_<  We settled on $7 each I think and I was able to buy them but it was a bit of an ordeal.  :rolleyes:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 12:35:37 PM »
That's ridiculous, sounds like they count be bothered to manually put it in the system. Hope you manage to find the set elsewhere :hug:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 12:50:16 PM »
I've had problems before with Walmart not being able to find prices for certain items... mine wasn't one of those sets though... it was the Fashion Style ponies (luna and celestia) One had the price right up, but the other didn't... The cashier thought it was odd and just scanned the one with the price a 2nd time because they would have been the same price :|
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 12:51:43 PM »
Unless the recall's just been ordered and isn't on the CPSC site yet (:blink:), your Walmart manager's misinformed (to give him the benefit of the doubt) or just full of hot air (more likely situation).  CPSC's site has the most recent toy recall as Dec. 10 of this year; Hasbro's own website has their latest recall dating from 2008.

Here's hoping you thwart this manager guy ^^ and manage to find the set elsewhere.  Pony hugs! :hug:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 02:30:50 PM »
Oh that's such a nuisance!

I actually had this when G4s first came out over here. There was a full little shelf of them displayed...I was so excited...I skipped with a Pinkie to the check out and then it wouldn't beep through so they took it away from me and despite a petted lip and some ranting about customer service they simply couldn't sell it because it wasn't yet in their system. A complete pain but for stock control I guess I understand the why of it even if I dont like it.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »
Well they shouldn't stock things that aren't in their system. That just doesn't make sense.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 03:37:50 PM »
Well they shouldn't stock things that aren't in their system. That just doesn't make sense.
^----- This Personally I think they probably need to revamp their system anyway
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 04:09:28 PM »
Weird. Me and my boyfriend both work at Walmart and I just bought that same set about a month ago when my boyfriend got his Wii U, no issues. I think that it might just not have been in the system at your Walmart, and the cashier/CSS that dealt with you didn't want to bother manually entering it.

However, with the Luna and Celestia fashion style thing.
My boyfriend works in toys/electronics, and when they got the fashion styles in, he was the one to set up the endcap. He went to scan the Luna for me on his palm pilot to see the price so he could get one for me, and realized then that they didn't have prices in the system, so he packed them all back up and had them entered in the system before placing them out on the shelves again.

Basically, I think the people stocking them didn't realize that even though they are also fashion styles, they don't have the same exact numbers and aren't in the systems yet. If my boyfriend didn't scan Luna for me, he wouldn't have even known they weren't in the system. We're also not *supposed* to scan other Fashion Styles even if they're the same price, but I know some people do it anyway. :P We could get in trouble if the manager pushes it though, but I've never seen it happen.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 04:18:26 PM »
This has always seemed so weird to me. Things shouldn't be on the floor if they'r not in the system. And if they DO get out early, the store should not be allowed to refuse to sell them to you. It is their screw up, not yours.

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 04:32:21 PM »
As a former employee of Walmart, I can tell you this. If it is simply not in the system it will say "Not on file." For recalls it will say "Sale not allowed." So do you know what it actually said? I know that putting something into the system when it's NOF is simple, and if they were too lazy to do it that ticks me off. But when things come up SNA, there's not much we can do about that. We can only assume that it's a recall, but sometimes items are just on hold for some reason.

ETA: Yes, it could be set for a certain release date too. I used to stock and things like that have the date right on the box. Sounds like an employee screwed up.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 04:34:29 PM by LadySatine »

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 04:47:11 PM »
I've had similar problems with Walmart.  First it was FS Luna and then the mini set with Zecora.  Both times they just put it in the system and sold it to me.  However, when I got the Zecora set home, I realized that I was mistaken on what I had and I already had the Zecora set.  Later, I attempted to return one of the Zecora sets.  I had lost the receipt but usually I don't have a problem at Walmart.  However, the set still wasn't in the system and they refused to let me return it.

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 05:02:07 PM »
That happened to me once with a friggin' calender. The cashier was rude as heck about it too. I was peeved with Walmart saying that a calendar of all things is being recalled, I didn't shop there for a year. Like what was going to happen with a calendar?!

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal