collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion  (Read 39468 times)

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion
« Reply #1455 on: January 07, 2013, 07:38:26 AM »
I'm still not sure about Twyla and Gigi. Twyla is cute and all, but I don't see boogieman or anything monstery about her. It's a difficult monster to depict since it varies from culture to culture, but surely that means it was a good opportunity for them to go all out?

I personally would have gone for scary eyes, huge claws and fangs and gone for a hair colour that's less reminiscent of a mermaid. Maybe they could have explored the bed theme more and given her clothes that looked a bit like pyjamas too. Ooh, maybe even a kigurumi with big claws and horns attached to it.

She just looks too nice to me, so at the very least they could have given her more alternative clothes and a more interesting hair style. I'd love some MH dolls with shorter, more statement-like hair.

As for Gigi the only thing I find off putting really is the body colour. The pink hair and pink skin doesn't work for me. I think she'd look great with a darker, more exotic colour, maybe even something unnatural like purple.

I agree so much here! I was really excited about new characters, but I think both Twyla  and Gigi look a bit boring. I think Twyla should've been a darker skintone, like dark grey and with a short haircut in white or something..

And the pink skintone on Gigi just makes her look more like a normie. Why didn't they make her blue like most genies are? I would've loved another blue doll ( and more blueish thn Abbey)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 07, 2013, 09:23:44 AM »
Howleen falling in with a bad crowd, finding a magic lamp and making some not-so-great wishes (one of which may involve switching Lagoona from a seawater creature to a freshwater one, which may explain the drastic color changes).

Ok, I can't wait to see this part.

Me too!
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Burgundy_Rose

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1457 on: January 07, 2013, 09:29:22 AM »
I'm still not sure about Twyla and Gigi. Twyla is cute and all, but I don't see boogieman or anything monstery about her. It's a difficult monster to depict since it varies from culture to culture, but surely that means it was a good opportunity for them to go all out?

I personally would have gone for scary eyes, huge claws and fangs and gone for a hair colour that's less reminiscent of a mermaid. Maybe they could have explored the bed theme more and given her clothes that looked a bit like pyjamas too. Ooh, maybe even a kigurumi with big claws and horns attached to it.

She just looks too nice to me, so at the very least they could have given her more alternative clothes and a more interesting hair style. I'd love some MH dolls with shorter, more statement-like hair.

As for Gigi the only thing I find off putting really is the body colour. The pink hair and pink skin doesn't work for me. I think she'd look great with a darker, more exotic colour, maybe even something unnatural like purple.

I agree so much here! I was really excited about new characters, but I think both Twyla  and Gigi look a bit boring. I think Twyla should've been a darker skintone, like dark grey and with a short haircut in white or something..

And the pink skintone on Gigi just makes her look more like a normie. Why didn't they make her blue like most genies are? I would've loved another blue doll ( and more blueish thn Abbey)

A darker skintone for Twyla would be way more fitting and look especially good with white hair! I really hope Mattel read this and make some changes... I worry that they're not putting in the same effort now they're churning new stuff out constantly  :(

picklepud

« Reply #1458 on: January 07, 2013, 10:05:48 AM »
Well got some new bits today.
I bought the 2 new CAM add-ons.

Im slightly disapointed, my Harpy's arm pins wont turn, QC Mattel please.
Stop chrning out so many new things and focus on you QC please.

So she is being sent back tomorrow and a replacemnt is on its way at least.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #1459 on: January 07, 2013, 10:09:10 AM »
What wigs can MH dolls wear? I need a long dark brown one.

they can wear the Liv wigs as well as size 5/6 (tho admittedly, they are usually a little loose)

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1460 on: January 07, 2013, 10:40:04 AM »

yeah blue would have been awesome.. like holt blue!!

i love MH and that the dolls are a rainbow of colors but  i would love mattel to do some dolls in darker skin tones. this is one reason i am excited for DOA
i love her black skin it is awesome!

Rococo

« Reply #1461 on: January 07, 2013, 11:21:32 AM »
I love that Wydona's skin is a bonafide black color but I just don't care for the rest of the doll. I'm still excited for her to come out as her multi-limbs are (or were, at the time... Mattel have come out with many new "daring" body styles since her original unveiling, though those were mostly CAM sets) very unique, but I won't be one of those vying for her.

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1462 on: January 07, 2013, 11:33:42 AM »
What wigs can MH dolls wear? I need a long dark brown one.

they can wear the Liv wigs as well as size 5/6 (tho admittedly, they are usually a little loose)

Thanks so much for awnsering! Will most definitely look for those!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 07, 2013, 11:42:57 AM »
This is probably old, but I just ran across this & it's over here cracking me up. WTF?

http://skully-pens.tumblr.com/post/5321595769/monster-high-babies
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 07, 2013, 11:57:17 AM »
This is probably old, but I just ran across this & it's over here cracking me up. WTF?

I think those are really creepy :bolt:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1465 on: January 07, 2013, 12:00:29 PM »
Same here Piex! ;_;

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: January 07, 2013, 12:10:51 PM »
EEP :scared: Me too... :help:

The plot of 13 Wishes sounds pretty cute  ^.^ I'm hoping Twyla and Gigi will change from the prototypes too (dark skin on Twyla would be fantastic, and Gigi--anything but pink skin!) but I'm guessing they might not... they have to have the designs set pretty far in advance so they can do the animation for the special, right?  :what:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 07, 2013, 01:13:47 PM »

These things never fail to terrify me!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 07, 2013, 01:24:39 PM »
I love that Wydona's skin is a bonafide black color but I just don't care for the rest of the doll. I'm still excited for her to come out as her multi-limbs are (or were, at the time... Mattel have come out with many new "daring" body styles since her original unveiling, though those were mostly CAM sets) very unique, but I won't be one of those vying for her.

More for me! Muahaha! And yes, I do am thrilled to see a true black skinned character.

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #1469 on: January 07, 2013, 01:41:25 PM »

2.Have you guys ever dreamt about MH?

I did this afternoon (I have a bad case of the flu so I was sleeping).
Although, part of my dream was. It was really strange.

Yep. I've actually dreamt of finding dolls I'm after.  :blush: Then I wake up and realize I still don't own Holt or Deuce.  -_-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal