collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion  (Read 39906 times)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion
« Reply #825 on: January 02, 2013, 09:33:21 AM »
Wow! I like the Power Ghoul line much more than I expected to! I already loved Spectra, and now Toralei, who looks so much more awesome with long hair, and I'm totally in love with Frankie - something about that lightning cape is just adorable to me. Plus all the awesome boots!

Equally excited for Picture Day Wave 2. Maybe my favorite Lagoona outfit ever, a cute dress on Opry, and Frankie looks awesome with that high ponytail in that outfit.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 02, 2013, 09:35:11 AM »
I think the Powerghouls (and boxes) look great! I especially love how the boxes seem to imitate comicbook covers.
If I was a fan of superheroes I'd buy them all and leave them all boxed.

Frankie looks stunning! :)
Spectra is too fuchsia for me and I don't get why they didn't make her boots see-through. Why cover up her ghostly legs like that? The first Spectra I don't love.
Other than that I adore this line. I'm simply happy they created more heroines for the little girls out there and the retro look and callbacks to already existing superheroes is a nice touch! ^.^

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 02, 2013, 09:42:07 AM »
Those almost look fake to me. It's just weird that they come with diaries like that.... and Spectra has Robecca's.....  hmmm.
Well, it's clear these are promotion boxes, they'll probably be cleaned up (with correct 'diaries', probably like a patrol log) when released.

They may be a place holder for a comic book. Like how SDCC Ghoulia came with a Deadfast comic book.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 02, 2013, 09:56:18 AM »
The more I see tha Clawdeen the more I need her. So i'm gonna throw this out there. If anyone wants to split Clawdeen let me know. I just want the nude doll.

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 02, 2013, 10:31:07 AM »
The more I see tha Clawdeen the more I need her. So i'm gonna throw this out there. If anyone wants to split Clawdeen let me know. I just want the nude doll.
I'd love to.  I just want the stock.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 02, 2013, 11:32:31 AM »
OH! I saw some Ebay photos on Tumblr of the Power Ghouls and the diaries were comics instead! Excite :D

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #831 on: January 02, 2013, 11:33:20 AM »
I love the comic book feel of the box art! And I'm loving Wonder Wolf even more (and Polterghoul even less)!

Also, I just had a message from someone on the MHForum.net site that Widowna is available in a foreign country somewhere. They couldn't tell me more than that, so I'm doubting its veracity, but maybe keep your eyes peeled anyway just in case ...

OH! I saw some Ebay photos on Tumblr of the Power Ghouls and the diaries were comics instead! Excite :D

Looks like they kept changing Wonder Wolf's hair. IIRC, the original promo shot showed her with just brown hair, then the promo in box shot showed her with a bit of a green streak, and now this actual in box shot shows her with quite a lot of green plus a curled fringe.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:36:39 AM by pukunui »

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 02, 2013, 11:44:28 AM »
I love the comic book feel of the box art! And I'm loving Wonder Wolf even more (and Polterghoul even less)!

Also, I just had a message from someone on the MHForum.net site that Widowna is available in a foreign country somewhere. They couldn't tell me more than that, so I'm doubting its veracity, but maybe keep your eyes peeled anyway just in case ...

Looks like they kept changing Wonder Wolf's hair. IIRC, the original promo shot showed her with just brown hair, then the promo in box shot showed her with a bit of a green streak, and now this actual in box shot shows her with quite a lot of green plus a curled fringe.

Thanks for posting the photo, Puk!

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #833 on: January 02, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
Wondering if and when i get these Power Ghouls if i should keep them MIB since they'd go nicely displayed with SDCC Ghoulia.

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #834 on: January 02, 2013, 11:59:02 AM »
Thanks for posting the photo, Puk!
No worries.

I think I prefer the prototype version of Wonder Wolf best, but I suppose the gel in the release version's fringe can be washed out and the hair can be messed up a bit (I like how she had a similar messy fringe to PR Lala).

Kuroel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #835 on: January 02, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »
Agh, I swore to myself I wouldn't get into this Monster High collecting thing.. I'm already collecting ponies, anime, manga, figurines, movies, games, etc. I don't have any room for more! Let alone the money..

Gah, here we go anyway.  -_-

I got Venus from my dad as a Christmas gift (okay, I kinda made him buy me one when we were conveniently shopping groceries at a store that had a toy section....). Draculaura just arrived today. I originally wanted just her (I wanted my dad to buy her, but she was out of stock and I couldn't have left just empty-handed, now could I?). But now I also want C.A. Cupid, Operetta and Blue Lagoona. (Oh, yeah, Rochelle's on her way in the post.)

Gawd, when will this madness end?!

(Yeeeeah. I'm going out shopping tomorrow since the guy at my local toy store said that they received a shipment of MH toys today and they are going on display tomorrow)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:08:44 PM by Kuroel »

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 02, 2013, 12:06:48 PM »
I REALLY like the heroes, But then again I'm a huge fan of comics too. I'll be getting them all for sure :) And I might even keep them MIB next to Dead Fast Ghoulia <3

I SOOO need them to do Cleo as a villainess XD
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #837 on: January 02, 2013, 01:15:43 PM »
I actually like that image of Clawdeen better than the stock photo. I guess because she has more green.

Also, went to Target today just to play with their DPCI checkers, and Power Ghouls is in the system, but not in either of my stores yet. BUT! My friend who is the Toy department "manager" [they call them team leads, whatevs] was there resetting the toy isles! So if could be anyday.....

ETA: The facebook "Monster High Dolls" and their respective tumblr are posting the following. I don't know how reliable it is:
"Okay I just have to tell you some of the new goodies to come. Sorry I can’t show the photos since they are not to be shared and can be sued so I can tell you what I do know.

Two new Characters are coming.

Gigi the Genie and Twyla, daughter of the boogie man.
Twyla is the size of Howleen and Gigi looks tall like Nefera but hard to say from a picture. Feel free to ask any questions about them. I have seen them so they are real.

With the 13 wishes line, they have Clawdeen, Draculaura and Frankie.

Then they have a Cleo with Beach set and Spectra with a vanity type thing that closes. Maybe what the inside of the genie bottle looks like?

Then there is a Draculaura vanity.

Lagoona is also in this line and the ugliest doll I seen with YELLOW HAIR!!!

Also shown is Ghouls Night out dolls.

Spectra, Lagoona, and Rochelle. There is a Howleen that is sooooo cute but Unsure if Ghouls Night out line or not.

This is all I have seen myself. So some exciting stuff to come! :)"
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:27:23 PM by rayedelsol »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 02, 2013, 01:26:55 PM »
I called my Target and they said they had the dolls so I went in since I'm only a 5 minute drive from there. When I got to the MH aisle, I was really excited to see them because I like seeing new dolls on shelves until a scalper pushed me out of the way and grabbed them. Perfect timing, right? :mad: There was only one case from what I could tell. There were 3 Spectras and 3 Clawdeens. The shelf was a mess so I was doing some digging before the scalper came along. Looks like Frankie and Toralei will either be in their own case or will be put in that case later on.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 02, 2013, 01:28:05 PM »
I went looking for any new dolls today at Walmart and Target. Walmart had a bunch of Sweet 1600, a Robecca, a DDG Lagoona, some of the playsets, and a bunch of PD Lala and a ton of Bratzilla dolls invading the area :huh: Target was even worse. They had about three of the schools on an endcap far away from the aisle, two RM Operettas, about 5 CAMs, a bunch of skirts for little girls, 2 Scary Tales Frankies, a bunch of the little fashion notepad things on clearance, a CAM lab on clearance, some of the CAM lab add-ons, and probably 3 times as many Winx dolls underneath the two shelves with the Monster High stuff >_< I would've gone to TRU but it's like 45 minutes away from where I live. It seems like that is the only place near me that gets anything new ever. I'm starting to get discouraged. I don't think I'll ever see some of the most recent releases
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal