collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which G4s are considered HTF or Rare?  (Read 921 times)

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Which G4s are considered HTF or Rare?
« on: December 12, 2012, 04:24:48 PM »
I'd appreciate any information you guys could give me on which G4's ponies are considered HTF, Rare, and/or sought after?  If you could include some pricing information (loose) that would be awesome too!  I've just not decided to start adding G4s to my collection since I keep finding them at thrift stores! <3

Stuntmang

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Which G4s are considered HTF or Rare?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 04:41:25 PM »
Off the top of my head, the Wave 1 pink Twilight Sparkle error blind bag is quite sought-after around these parts and almost never pops up for sale. I got her for 10bux, but I've heard $50 thrown around. Maybe she's risen in price since I last checked. Fashion Style Applejack is another, and she'll go for $100 MIB, closer to $40-$60 loose depending on how many accessories she has. There's speculation that she'll be getting a new release soon, though, so expect a price drop. Most of the international exclusives are priced fairly high too, but I can't recall which ones those are apart from Star Dreams.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 04:51:46 PM »
If money isn't an issue, and you're able to use the Internet to shop, none of the G4s are HTF or rare.  :-p
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 10:46:33 PM »
If money isn't an issue, and you're able to use the Internet to shop, none of the G4s are HTF or rare.  :-p

I wish that was the case!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 02:29:02 AM »
...Minty!

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 04:14:51 AM »
Prototypes!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 01:15:46 PM »
I think it depends what you intend to collect :)

If blind bags - then wave 2 and the pink Twilight Sparkle from wave 1
If regular release - then Rainbow Flash, Skywishes, Star Swirl and Star Dreams
If fashion style - then Apple Jack and SDCC 2012 pony
If prototype/unreleased - Minty and Sweetie Blue

However, it should be noted that sometimes you need to be careful between hard to find and sought after or pricey. But the above list are the tougher to track down ponies from this line so far.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »
i know that  lilly blossom  ins  cosndered  hard to  find.  also  i think  cupcake and blossomforth are harder to  find. but can still be   found sometimes.

i think someone said that   blossomforth  is at about 15.00right now mib. not sure about the others.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:37:26 PM by Lorelei Redfern »

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 06:28:35 PM »
At top of my head:

The bonus ponies (Star Swirl, Rainbow Flash, not remember more), and regular releases Lily Blossom and Blossomforth.

About prices, not sure.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »
euro releases  Star Swirl ,Rainbow Flash,Sky wishes, and  Lily Blossom
released as a single in america/euro double pack release

early vaves are sought after too, Plumsweet,Blosomforth,Dewdrop Dazzle,Snowcatcher

like someone said there are some on ebay, but expect to pay for euro releases more than 30 ,40,even 50 for them

and the early waves  from 10 to 20 .

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 02:28:35 AM »
Thanks everyone for the information!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 07:44:08 AM »
Again, I think it depends on where you live. If you live in Europe, then most likely you'll have no problems tracking down Star Swirl, Rainbow Flash and Skywishes. However, you might run into issues tracking down US Target exclusives like Shine Bright Luna, and maybe some TRU Exclusives as well. North American folks will have the exact opposite issue- Star Swirl, Rainbow Flash and Skywishes are pretty much HTF, while Target exclusives are abundant.

Those living in neither? Well, worst of both worlds unless Hasbro has a change of heart and releases the lines without any exclusivity in the region. And that seldom happens, lest it's also a watered down version (i.e. Canterlot FS Luna and Celestia vs. Regular FS Luna and Celestia), or if a toy store parallel imports some from the grey market (and if they do, most likely they'll also slap a hefty price mark-up to it).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:48:04 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 08:21:15 AM »
Again, I think it depends on where you live. If you live in Europe, then most likely you'll have no problems tracking down Star Swirl, Rainbow Flash and Skywishes. However, you might run into issues tracking down US Target exclusives like Shine Bright Luna, and maybe some TRU Exclusives as well. North American folks will have the exact opposite issue- Star Swirl, Rainbow Flash and Skywishes are pretty much HTF, while Target exclusives are abundant.

Those living in neither? Well, worst of both worlds unless Hasbro has a change of heart and releases the lines without any exclusivity in the region. And that seldom happens, lest it's also a watered down version (i.e. Canterlot FS Luna and Celestia vs. Regular FS Luna and Celestia), or if a toy store parallel imports some from the grey market (and if they do, most likely they'll also slap a hefty price mark-up to it).

This is so true.

And Hasbro's decision to make store exclusives is so frustrating...  (for us not US residents).

I live... in a grey strange zone o.o

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 09:26:10 AM »
I don't think you can even be as exclusive as Euro vs US when it comes to some things...its really down to individual countries. For example the UK missed out Star Swirl, SkyWishes, the whole Ride Along range, wave 1 and wave 2 blind bags and a few more items. But we did get US store exclusives [as did Australia and Canada] - all of last years Canterlot sets. So how hard to find things are is really down to what your countries retailers decide to take on out of the range.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 09:44:47 AM »
I don't think you can even be as exclusive as Euro vs US when it comes to some things...its really down to individual countries. For example the UK missed out Star Swirl, SkyWishes, the whole Ride Along range, wave 1 and wave 2 blind bags and a few more items. But we did get US store exclusives [as did Australia and Canada] - all of last years Canterlot sets. So how hard to find things are is really down to what your countries retailers decide to take on out of the range.
Well, if you think about it, UK residents can still buy toys online from many European stores (for example, Amazon Germany, if you can comprehend a little bit of Detusche, and they will still ship to the UK), perhaps due to an Euro-wide directive? So it's still not that bad. What's bad is that many toy stores in the UK, Europe and US outright refuses to ship toys to countries outside either regions (thankfully, Amazon Marketplace has merchants that are indeed willing to ship toys without limitations). So for many of us outside either, it's down to eBay (or said Amazon Marketplace merchants), paying a premium via forwarding and virtual postbox services, or depending on trades and Arena members.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:47:27 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal