collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sent the wrong doll? -- Updated  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Sent the wrong doll? -- Updated
« on: December 07, 2012, 11:38:04 AM »
Hello everyone. I need some help.

I purchased a 2.0 version of Cleo de Nile from FAO Schwartz on Ebay for $24.99 with $4.80 for shipping. I was so excited because I've been looking for this doll for awhile now so I bought it. My package came in the mail today and I was sent the new Picture Day Cleo de Nile instead :cry: The listing on Ebay was for the 2.0 Cleo so I know it wasn't a mistake on my end. Should I contact them and let them know I got the wrong one or should I keep it and not worry about it because I'm sure they will make me pay for return shipping.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:23:18 PM by PiexLover »
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Re: Sent the wrong doll?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 11:39:39 AM »
Paying return shipping is cheaper than keeping a doll you didn't want for $30. I'd contact them, honestly. They should have sent you what you ordered.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:48:22 AM »
I suppose you're right. Thank you.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 12:15:50 PM »
no, you don't pay for shipping to return it.  not your mess up, not your problem.  you contact them by phone and request a pre-paid return address mailing label.  what you paid for is clearly not what you got, and you shouldn't be out of pocket for anything unless the fault was on your end.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 12:49:28 PM »
no, you don't pay for shipping to return it.  not your mess up, not your problem.  you contact them by phone and request a pre-paid return address mailing label.  what you paid for is clearly not what you got, and you shouldn't be out of pocket for anything unless the fault was on your end.

I agree! :ohyeah:  They should be willing to pay for the return shipping as it was their error. 
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 01:02:37 PM »

Unfortunately, Ebay cannot and will not force a seller to pay return shipping even if it is their mistake. :(

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 01:29:36 PM »
Considering that it is FAO Schwartz I would certainly hope they would pay return shipping.
 Let us know what happens!

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 01:52:20 PM »
Considering that it is FAO Schwartz I would certainly hope they would pay return shipping.

that's what I was thinking.  call the company.  don't go through ebay.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 02:10:50 PM »
I would most definitely contact your seller.  And although ebay does not require the seller to pay return shipping, the right thing for her to do is pay it.  It was her mistake.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 05:23:03 PM »

that's what I was thinking.  call the company.  don't go through ebay.

Why would the company help her when they are not the ones who sold the doll? That makes no sense? Why should they be out the cost of shipping when they weren't involved in the transaction?

Contact the seller, be nice. Most sellers are good people and are willing to make the buyer happy, but sometimes you get a bad one. Give them a chance to work it out, though.

Good luck :)

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 05:31:23 PM »
Unless I am mistaken FAO Schwartz also sells on eBay just like toysrus does. It's becoming more and more common for large companies to also sell on eBay, as eBay has become so popular. If it is FAO Schwartz I would hold them to the same standard as far as customer service/returns are handled as their online store. I would be surprised and disappointed to hear they did not refund you return shipping. Again please let us know what you find out.

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 05:42:03 PM »
Just to clear up any confusion, the seller was FAO Schwarz but I purchased it from them(FAO Schwarz) through Ebay because that's where I saw the listing.

I've been a bit busy so I haven't been able to contact them yet. I will contact them as soon as I can and let you all know what happens. I really hope they have the doll I wanted :cry:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:46:14 PM by PiexLover »

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 09:09:15 PM »
Just to clear up any confusion, the seller was FAO Schwarz but I purchased it from them(FAO Schwarz) through Ebay because that's where I saw the listing.

I've been a bit busy so I haven't been able to contact them yet. I will contact them as soon as I can and let you all know what happens. I really hope they have the doll I wanted :cry:

Ah, well, I take back everything I said. I still believe Ebay wont force them to pay return shipping, but you can definately complain to thier headquarters. Good luck :)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 07:56:43 AM »

Ah, well, I take back everything I said. I still believe Ebay wont force them to pay return shipping, but you can definately complain to thier headquarters. Good luck :)

You are right, ebay can't force people to pay return shipping. Yet, a seller might have a policy where the seller pays for return shipping. And sometimes, under buyer protection ebay will provide a buyer with a label for some not as described cases.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 04:11:25 PM »
Well I decided to send them a message on Ebay before I call their customer service and I received this message today:

Dear ___________,

Thank you for contacting FAO on eBay Support regarding your order.  I'm sorry that you received the wrong item, and I apologize for any disappointment this may have caused you.

I have requested that a prepaid UPS return label be sent to you within 1-2 business days at the email address on your order. Please return the item to our warehouse within 60 days. Please keep in mind that the label will be issued directly from UPS and will not be identified as an FAO email. If you do not see this email, please check your "Junk" folder as your email provider may route the email there.

Once you receive the email with the label, please follow the steps below:

1.) Please print the UPS label and jot down the return tracking information from the label. This will help you track your return, if interested.

2.) Ensure that all parts of the item being returned are inside its original packaging.

3.) Once you've placed the item(s) being returned into the shipping carton, please firmly seal the box and affix the return label where it is clearly visible.

4.) Drop the package off at your local UPS Center or Drop-Box. You may locate your closest UPS Drop-Off Center by visiting the link below:

http://www.ups.com/dropoff?loc=en_US

I have requested a refund for the shipping costs on your order. Within 2-3 business days, you will receive a refund confirmation via email notifying you that your refund has been processed to your original form of payment. Your refund for the cost of the item and any associated tax will be processed within ten business days after our Returns Department receives your package. Once your item refund has been processed, you will receive a second email notifying you of this credit.

If you are interested in a replacement order, please feel free to place a new order online. Also, I would like to offer you 10% off your next order with FAO on eBay! To take advantage of this discount, please respond to this email after placing your next order with us and reference your new order number. We will be happy to request a credit for 10% off the new order at that time.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to respond to this email. Thank you again for contacting FAO on eBay Support. We value your business and look forward to serving you in the future!

Sincerely, 

Carrie
Guest Service Team 
FAO Schwarz on eBay Support 

I was very surprised to find out that not only will they pay shipping, but they will give me 10% off my next order  ^.^ I sent them a thank you message and also asked if it would be possible for me to just send back the doll and have them send the correct one. If not, (I'll be sad if they don't have the one I wanted) I'll send back this one.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal