collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PukiPuki vs. PukiFee - Opinions?  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Rhian

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
PukiPuki vs. PukiFee - Opinions?
« on: December 07, 2012, 09:24:37 AM »
I've recently got into BJDs and I'm trying to decide between getting a PukiPuki or PukiFee for my first doll. PukiPuki have more fun extra parts, but PukiFee's are big enough to have some (a larger selection than 5-6 inch) anthro friends...so I don't know what to do. XD

So if anyone has some opinions / can tell me why you bought one or the other, I'd appreciate it. :D

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Re: PukiPuki vs. PukiFee - Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 10:26:25 AM »
I have one of each on their way to me. I don't have any on-hand experience with the dolls themselves, but I do have some input.

Mainly, PukiFee are way easier to shop for. It is much harder to find PukiPuki clothes, shoes and wigs. When shopping around for my little kiddos, I had my PukiFee ready to go long before I even had the slightest idea what I was going to be doing with my little PukiPuki girl. I had to seek a lot of advice on which shoe and wig sizes would fit depending on the brand, because it seems everything I wanted was in a weird, in between size.

It's very difficult to find proper shoes for both of the dolls outside of FairyLand's website. Mine still don't have shoes, actually. Maybe I'm just picky, but that's my experience so far.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 12:06:24 PM »
They are both cute as can be.  I like the proportions on PukiPukis, but they are awfully small.  After playing with some of each, I think I will probably go for a PukiFee when I do decide to buy one, just because I like their slightly larger size.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 12:12:18 PM »
I have two PukiPukis and one Pukifee...I really love both of them.  PukiPukis CAN wear Kelly doll clothes, so finding clothes for them isn't that difficult, and size 4 Monique wigs fit them perfectly. 

Pukifees ARE easier to shop for on etsy and places like that...I suppose they are easier to sew for because they are a little bigger.  And Liv wigs fit them perfectly. 

They each have their pluses, that's for sure.  I can't wait to see what you decide!

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Rhian

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 11:03:35 PM »
Thanks for the responses. I think I'll eventually just have to get both... Still not sure which will be my first though. The clothing problems for PukiPuki don't really bother me because I can crochet and sew, but if I can't find the right wig then I guess I'll go with getting a PukiFee. Maybe...lol.

Offline crazykimochi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Destination: Beautiful
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 08:12:01 AM »
I'd say PKF, I've seen PukiPuki irl and they are suuuuuper tiny! Finding shoes isn't too hard because they can wear Lati Yellow stuff, this website is really neat! http://www.rubyredbjd.com/

But like the others said, it's personal preference. :)

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 08:46:31 PM »
Just for fun, here's a little size comparison pic...my Pukipuki is wearing Kelly clothes and shoes and a Monique wig.  The Pukifee is wearing a Liv wig and a mishmash of clothes from Etsy, lol.

Silly by barbgirl1999, on Flickr

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Rabiruchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Lowly Human
    • View Profile
    • http://mim-ser-rabi.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 08:51:21 PM »
PukiPuki's can share Kelly/Tommy's clothes and accessories (inclding shoes), and there's a lot easier to get 1/12 furniture and stuff. They also ca get along very well with regular dollhouses and mini dolls XD

PukiFees are a bit larger (almos double the size), so they're easier to handle (dress, pose etc), but you'll need specific clothes that fit (quite expensive if you stick to the store clothes for them). Also, Barbie/Pullip stuff wold be too large for them, but Kelly/Tommy stuff would be too small, so you'll have some hard time finding furnitures and other stuff that actually fit in a very good proportion.

Now, wich one is better is actually up to what do you prefere and what are your plans for the doll.

I do have a PukiPuki, but it's ment to be with my other BJDs and I don't plan anything like a Dollhouse (but I do have a bunch of Kelly's clother/accessories).
But I do plan to own a PukiFee, I like the size, they're cute and I think it wuld look really cute next to my other BJDs.
~ Looking for:
  :heart: G1 Ponies: Bashful Bonnet, Goldilocks, Bowtie (shy pose) and Baby Bowtie, Flutter Ponies and Summer Wing Ponies
  :heart: Stock Dals: Heart Macaron and Classical Alice
  :heart: BJD: SOOM Lig/Nodia (head or full doll in white skin)
  :heart: Want other ponies too! Got them?
My WishList

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal