collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I did a mistake when submitting to Mattel  (Read 304 times)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
I did a mistake when submitting to Mattel
« on: December 05, 2012, 10:46:08 AM »
I had bought a Sweet 1600 Clawdeen from Kmart a while ago and finally opened her. I realized she was missing a hand, her arm was kinda hiding behind some of the cardboard, so I wrote to Mattel asking for a hand. They sent me a shipping label and such. But when I was rereading the letter of intent to Mattel in my email, I realized I had wrote Ghouls Rule as the type of doll I had. Well, I mailed the doll anyway to them.
What do you think the outcome will be? I must have been thinking about GR Clawdeen when I was writing it, I been scouring ebay and other sites looking at various Clawdeens lately. I dunno, it's a common mistake when there are so many versions out there.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:27:15 AM by Psivampyr »

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I did a mistake when submitting to Mattel
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 11:12:11 AM »
I'm honestly not sure what the outcome will be, but I would call them about it to explain the situation and make sure you get the right doll as a replacement if it's important to you. I know that some of the individual departments within Mattel aren't directly connected, so they may either go by what item they receive back or just read off what's on their case file. Did they ask for any of the product numbers on the box?

Otherwise, you'll probably find out which doll they're sending when the shipping confirmation gets emailed to you. Usually it will say what item they're sending out right in the invoice, but by then the doll will already be on it's way and would likely need to be returned again if it's the wrong one. If the defective doll hasn't been sent back yet, or you haven't gotten a confirmation email from them about the replacement, then I would try and get a hold of someone in their customer service department to get things sorted asap.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:14:39 AM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I did a mistake when submitting to Mattel
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 11:21:09 AM »
Thank you, I didn't think about calling them since I figured it was already done. I pictured a warehouse full of people mindlessly stuffing stuff in a box and not looking at paperwork. I will call them today, thanks again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal