collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Children these days.  (Read 3133 times)

ppufi

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Children these days.
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »
If people think kids are growing up too fast, tough. Honestly, kids are a product of society. If society is hypersexualizing women and children, that's how kids are going to be brought up. It's not the kids' problems to decide how society views them; it's society's responsibility. 

That being said, I believe there's a difference between embracing your sexuality/appearance and being forced to look sexualized for society's benefit. Children, men, women, they can all dress how they please. I just have a problem when society pretty much dictates that girls are supposed to be a pretty face and then people complain that girls and women are dressing too provocatively. 

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2012, 08:31:31 AM »
I have a friend who is a nurse and she works in the maternity ward. She said there was a 9 year old girl giving birth :shocked: Her mother refused to let her have an epidrural (can they have epidurals at that age?) because she said, "you deserve all this pain for having sex". The girl screamed so loud everyone in the hospital heard it :shocked:

I can't believe 9 year olds are having sex. I was playing with ponies and Barbies at that age! Wasn't thinking about boys and sex and stuff. It's insane :shocked:
Okay that is just wrong.
Poor kid D:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2012, 08:50:30 AM »
I have a friend who is a nurse and she works in the maternity ward. She said there was a 9 year old girl giving birth :shocked: Her mother refused to let her have an epidrural (can they have epidurals at that age?) because she said, "you deserve all this pain for having sex". The girl screamed so loud everyone in the hospital heard it :shocked:

I can't believe 9 year olds are having sex. I was playing with ponies and Barbies at that age! Wasn't thinking about boys and sex and stuff. It's insane :shocked:

As mean as that sounds it may not be a bad thing. The girl may think alot about getting knocked up again!
...Are you serious? Like, am I on Candid Camera right now or something??? If not you are an excellent troll, because this post absolutely makes my blood boil.

I can't believe there are immature, mean-spirited people right here on the Arena who would literally offer a Nelson Muntz-esque "Ha-ha!" at the prospect of a 9-year-old being in pain. Wow! Serves ya right, little girl! You're totally emotionally-developed enough to make all of your own decisions concerning sexuality, and there's no way you could have been coerced into having sex by someone you thought you could trust (or even raped!) Yeah man, the pain of giving birth is totally the absolute, positive, number 1 factor of this whole equation that is going to stop you from getting pregnant on purpose again!

I hope I never run into you at the supermarket.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2012, 08:57:01 AM »
that is WRONG. I'm sorry to anyone if anyone here got knocked up at 9 years of age, but dear god, I'm 17 and genuinely, I've got better things to be doing than thinking about stuff like that let alone doing stuff like that. That's so genuinely awful. Makes me feel sick to my stomach, it's just appauling. 9. 9. 9. That's just terrible :sad: And I mean that in a kind way, that a 9 year old could've been mistreated and abused into that happening. Genuinely hurts :(
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:59:44 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2012, 09:26:17 AM »

The issue of whether young girls should wear revealing clothing or not is a disturbing topic.  I find it sad that society would sooner have us blame the 8 year old (or her mom) for looking "sexy" rather than the man looking at that 8 year old as a sex object.  Something wrong with that...   

Parents have a responsibility to rear, protect, and teach their children - so yes, I can blame a parent for having their young child wear clothing that is inappropriate for their age.  And men who look at children as sex objects probably still will do so, regardless of what the children wear.  (And I wish I could lock up everyone who commits any act of violence or sexual abuse against children - there is no excuse for it).

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2012, 09:29:34 AM »
My daughter is eight and how in the world would a nine year old be doing that!!! He mother is also at fault. She is the mother and should have more control over her child! I am not going to get into this whole thing. But this is all very sad :(

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2012, 09:29:40 AM »

The issue of whether young girls should wear revealing clothing or not is a disturbing topic.  I find it sad that society would sooner have us blame the 8 year old (or her mom) for looking "sexy" rather than the man looking at that 8 year old as a sex object.  Something wrong with that...   

Parents have a responsibility to rear, protect, and teach their children - so yes, I can blame a parent for having their young child wear clothing that is inappropriate for their age.  And men who look at children as sex objects probably still will do so, regardless of what the children wear.  (And I wish I could lock up everyone who commits any act of violence or sexual abuse against children - there is no excuse for it).

I have to agree with this entirely, it is the parents responsibilty up to a certain age, to protect the child and to ensure they are dressed appropriately, as to what age this is, that is a topic of great debate, but there is a certain requirement of parents to protect their children and ensure they are not dressed promiscuously. That's what I feel anyway, it's a sad world we live in that children are allowed to dress inappropriately in clothing that some adults wouldn't even wear in public. :sigh:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2012, 09:49:18 AM »

I have to agree with this entirely, it is the parents responsibilty up to a certain age, to protect the child and to ensure they are dressed appropriately, as to what age this is, that is a topic of great debate, but there is a certain requirement of parents to protect their children and ensure they are not dressed promiscuously. That's what I feel anyway, it's a sad world we live in that children are allowed to dress inappropriately in clothing that some adults wouldn't even wear in public. :sigh:

That is exactly the argument against women wearing certain clothes!  It makes me so angry.  You know what, perverts are perverts regardless of what people wear.  I once had a guy say to me "I wasn't perving on your kid I was just trying to read what his jacket said"  It was the single most creepy thing I've ever had a person say to me.  Why would I expect he was perving?  It makes me think he was.  And you know what my son was wearing.  Winter snow clothes.  As concealing and non-sexual as possible. 

Yes, parents should protect their children.  That means physically being around them and not putting them in dangerous situations.  Not stifling their sense of self.  Not teaching them sex is evil.  Not slut shaming themselves and others.  Actually, physically protecting them.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2012, 09:53:28 AM »
Yes perverts are perverts, but physically dressing a child or allowing a child to dress in something extremely revealing, and I mean to the edge of appropriate means, almost encourages them. I once wore something a little shorter than I would normally wear, and when I normally don't get attention (and I'm extremely pleased this way) I suddenly attracted pervy men, so yes, dressing inappopraitely almost encourages them. And I do agree, up tp a certain age, children do need physical protection, they may deny it, but they can't make fully-fledged instinctive decisions until they are ready and matured enough, I know, I made decisions when I was 10 about what to wear to a birthday party and ignored my mum's plea's for me to change, I got negative attention from men, and at that age, made me sick.  -_- :huh:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:56:35 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2012, 09:58:35 AM »
And I had my boob groped walking home from the bus stop once when I was wearing a men's t-shirt and jeans. I still don't think clothes are the real issue here.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2012, 10:01:17 AM »
True clothes aren't the real issue, but my feeling is that clothing adds to the overall problem. No, they're not a major contributor, and I don't personally feel it's a major problem, but it's one of the many problems that mount up to worsening pervert attitudes. (it's actually super difficult to express my feelings, my words aren't helping me today  :think: Please come back brain.)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:05:27 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2012, 10:07:09 AM »
We will have to agree to disagree, then.

To be fair, I was wearing this shirt, and for all I know the guy was just trying to earn an extra life or something *canned laughter*

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »
Sounds like he was, I would've batted him one! I appreciate what you wearing wasn't appropriate, but what I'm trying to say is that if you had been wearing sommething very inappropriate and attention grabbing, it would attract more negative attention than when wearing something completely innocent, say for example 2 girls, both 3 years of age, both equally pretty, one wearing a short pink tutu and ballet vest for a friend's birthday party, the other, wearing winter wrap ups, scarf, padded jacket, completely innocent, would you agree although both girls could attract negative attention, little ballet girl would attract more attention, be it negative or positive because it is an attention grabbing eye catching get up. Think I explained myself how I wanted to this time, better than last time in my eyes anyway! Phew.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2012, 10:37:40 AM »
Saply, you made me lol at sexual assault.  That ain't cool.

Icecrystaline, you know what the key outfit for sexual predators to be attracted to is?  The school Uniform.  It's not even considered to be deviant to think young girls in uniform to be sexual attractive.  And uniforms are designed so kids look respectable and non-sexual.

If you received negative attention from men at 10, your mum should have intervened.  Not in the case of making you change, but getting you out of that situation.  She must have known something was up, or she wouldn't have asked you to change. 

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »
Saply, you made me lol at sexual assault.  That ain't cool.

Icecrystaline, you know what the key outfit for sexual predators to be attracted to is?  The school Uniform.  It's not even considered to be deviant to think young girls in uniform to be sexual attractive.  And uniforms are designed so kids look respectable and non-sexual.

If you received negative attention from men at 10, your mum should have intervened.  Not in the case of making you change, but getting you out of that situation.  She must have known something was up, or she wouldn't have asked you to change. 

It wasn't that revealing. It was entirely covered, but it was clingy material on my top, and she asked me to change because it made me look fat, it was for a birthday party, I got looks but nothing more thank god. I learnt my lesson, but my mum was not to blame in this situation, she begged me to change, but I was a determined, rocket up butt kid who didn't listen. I always take my mothers advice now. In this instance this was my fault, I only got one or two looks, probably more 'what the heck is the kid wearing' rather than 'god that's hot'. A podgy 10 year old isn't 'hot'. And I agree, school uniform is one of the worst offenders by far. What was once innocent, is now a reveared sexual out, although I will say far too sexual where I live, girls my own age wearing skirts extremely inappropriate due to the length and knee high socks, it's attrocious. :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal