collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone know any good anime?  (Read 813 times)

Offline therainbowtroll

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Depends Pony
  • I'm the pony everypony should know!
    • View Profile
    • FA
Anyone know any good anime?
« on: December 03, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »
Hey everyone

I was just wondering if any of you know any good animes? I love k-on,pokemon, lucky star pulla modika magica and others but I would love to watch a new series I havent seen. Anyone for any suggestions?
https://ibb.co/kUfiYF
By pawpatrolbab

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Anyone know any good anime?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 02:54:32 PM »
Fruits Basket? Tokyo MewMew? Those seem like they may fit with your current group I think.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 02:59:53 PM »
Eep, I'll share my anime to-watch list.. ^.^

Death Note, Elfen Lied, D. Gray Man, Another, Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne, Kannazuki No Miko, Princess Jellyfish, Black Butler, Chobits.

And series I've watched..

Strawberry Panic, Karin (Chibi Vampire), Bleach, Zombie-Loan, Ouran High School Host Club, Gunslinger Girl, Pokemon (the original series, of course ;D), have seen some Fruits Basket and Toyko MewMew.. and I'm currently watching Clannad. :)
Fight like a girl..

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 03:08:02 PM »
I admit, this probably isn't quite like what you watch but it's an intetresting series. :D
Planetes, took me a bit of digging to find it again but it's a 'realistic' anime that's set in the near future, it's about a space station and focuses on the 'half section' aka debris section who are responsible for cleaning up space junk. It's quite short, about 12 episodes long. It's an interesting watch to say the least and quite 'deep' at points.
Here, check out this for more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetes

Wolf's Rain (Which I STILL need to finish) is pretty good

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 03:29:16 PM »
Full Metal Panic is easily at the top of my list - so much that I named my new (as of March) puppy after one of the characters :)  Fullmetal Alchemist is also pretty good, but it has a pretty dark and depressing tone that follows the story, regardless to how "happy" the episodes are.  I'm also working through Bleach and Trigun at the moment and am enjoying them both.  None of the ones that I just suggested though are quite as light as what I *think* Pokemon and the like are (granted, I've never seen them... I *am* a pretty die-hard DBZ fan, but I really only watch the subbed versions which are significantly more grown up than the dubbed episodes that I have seen).

I've also been watching some "RPG feeling" animes lately - Record of the Lodoss War (this one is usually pretty tricky to find at a reasonable price... at least it was before I got it!) and Ragnarok (which is pretty cheesey/hoaky/pretty much dumb, but it serves its purpose as being entertaining).

My husband's collection also includes several Gundam series (but I don't typically do mech aimes), Zone of the Enders, Escaflowne, Vandread, Berserk (which I found to be really good, but it is DARK), Trinity Blood and Samurai Champloo, off the top of my head.  Out of these ones, I've only seen parts of Zone of the Enders, and found it to be pretty entertaining, and Berserk, but I don't think it's what you're looking for.

TeddyAndTex

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 03:39:12 PM »
Durarara!!, Fullmetal Alchemist, Kekkashi and Inuyasha are some good ones.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 03:43:28 PM »
I would try sailor moon and as for movies I love akeria and paprika. they are both good. 

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 04:00:18 PM »
I'm definitely not as into anime as I used to be, so my list is somewhat dated. These were my favorites:

- Trigun
- FLCL / FuriKuri / Fooly Cooly
- Cowboy Bebop
- Last Exile
- Fullmetal Alchemist (There are two series, both of which are pretty darn good.)

I'd also add "Anything by Studio Ghibli" to the list, but that's a little too generic. If you choose only one, I'd say check out "Princess Mononoke" or "Spirited Away."

If you want to cry, watch "Grave of the Fireflies."

(Wow, that was a trip down memory lane!)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »
I believe every anime fan absolutely needs to watch Soul Eater. Even people who don't normally watch anime love that series and it's easily my favorite to date.

I'd also suggest Negima!?, Gintama, Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO), Basilisk, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Golden Boy, Gosick, Martian Successor Nadesico, Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji), Saiyuki, Last Exile, Mushishi, Needless, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Rurouni Kenshin & xxxHOLIC.

I'm currently watching Pumpkin Scissors, which also quite good.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 04:19:27 PM »
I enjoy Shirokuma Cafe. It's about a polar bear who owns a cafe, his regulars are Panda, a panda who works at the zoo as a panda, an alcoholic penguin, a Llama who also works at the zoo, as a Llama. Sloth, Grizzly, and Tortoise are also common patrons of the cafe. Most of Polar Bear's cafe is staffed by people, but they seem to take working with a polar bear in a cafe with animal guests really well.

If you like Lucky Star, you'll be all over Azumanga Daioh. It follows a sextet of students as they go through high school.

The Ghost in the Shell films are bloody brilliant. When they came out they were some of the best looking animated films of their time, and they've aged well. They have a unique aesthetic which will look good till the end of time. Ghost in the Shell 2 sounds amazing, too. Randy Thom did the sound. I can't be arsed to list all that he's worked on, I'll instead link you to his IMDB page.

Witch Hunter Robin is a good watch if you're into The X-Files. Same motif, slow, prodding story with a consistent cast that's more fantasy in a modern setting than it is sci-fi.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline therainbowtroll

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Depends Pony
  • I'm the pony everypony should know!
    • View Profile
    • FA
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 05:02:03 PM »
I enjoy Shirokuma Cafe. It's about a polar bear who owns a cafe, his regulars are Panda, a panda who works at the zoo as a panda, an alcoholic penguin, a Llama who also works at the zoo, as a Llama. Sloth, Grizzly, and Tortoise are also common patrons of the cafe. Most of Polar Bear's cafe is staffed by people, but they seem to take working with a polar bear in a cafe with animal guests really well.

If you like Lucky Star, you'll be all over Azumanga Daioh. It follows a sextet of students as they go through high school.

The Ghost in the Shell films are bloody brilliant. When they came out they were some of the best looking animated films of their time, and they've aged well. They have a unique aesthetic which will look good till the end of time. Ghost in the Shell 2 sounds amazing, too. Randy Thom did the sound. I can't be arsed to list all that he's worked on, I'll instead link you to his IMDB page.

Witch Hunter Robin is a good watch if you're into The X-Files. Same motif, slow, prodding story with a consistent cast that's more fantasy in a modern setting than it is sci-fi.

OMG THANKS SO SO MUCH ABOUT TELLING ME ABOUT SHIROKIUMA CAFE I HAVE BEEN SEEING IT EVERY WHERE AND DID NOT KNOW WHAT IT WAS!!!

I know of  Azumanga Daioh. My boyfriend hates it but I may check it out anyways. I have always wanted too.

Oh btw to Yurusumaji I LOVE Negima its my favrite manga.
https://ibb.co/kUfiYF
By pawpatrolbab

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 05:26:26 PM »
Samurai shamploo, Black Butler, Soul Eater, Claymore, Inuyasha, Wolf's Rain, Vandread was kinda cute, Ah my goddess.

*thinks*
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 05:30:55 PM »
Oh btw to Yurusumaji I LOVE Negima its my favrite manga.[/color][/b]

The anime is on Netflix. It was cute, though I can't say how well it followed the manga.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 05:32:43 PM »
I have lots I like but it looks like our tastes are vastly different. I am more of a fan of the serious, dramatic anime.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 06:03:01 PM »
Some anime series that I've liked are Black Butler, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Excel Saga (if you're not easily offended), and Tenchi Muyo.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal