collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bait dilemma - G1 Italian Starshine  (Read 440 times)

isabelleakamori

• Trade Count: (0)
Bait dilemma - G1 Italian Starshine
« on: December 02, 2012, 04:25:07 AM »
Howdy! I think I need some advise.

My BF's awesome parents found a pony in a second hand store and knowing I have a thing for them in any state, got it for me. It's an Italian Starshine. She is perfect for a custom idea I have, but I believe she might be worth restoring. Of course, the pony is mine to do with as I please and it's not the rarest pony around, but I wouldn't want to customize a pony that someone would love to restore. So.. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Overall after a thourough wash: Not too bad.

Hair:
Mane looks like it received a cut at some point. The hair is not too course and frizzy, but a bit shorter than on the one in my own collection.
Tail feels a bit dry, but isn't extremely frizzy. No tailrust detected, but I did not look inside her yet. May also have met a pair of scissors, but I can't be sure.

Body:
Plastic is decent/ The head is a bit whiter than the body. The body is als a bit softer than the head.
There are some minor scratches on the wings, but after her bath, they are pretty much invisible.
There are a few very tiny dots on her head that were probably cause by a pen or marker.
There was a sticky spot on one of her symbols that only came off after extensive scrubbing. It seems to be gone now, but it might come back if it's the plastic oozing.

Paint:
Her left eye is very slightly scratched. I didn't notice it until closer inspection.
Blush on the right side is scratched.
Both symbols are faded and mildly damaged.

Picture:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So.. what do you think?

I'd be willing to trade her for some (G3 or G1) baits that equal her value, as long as there is one white bait involved :)

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bait dilemma - G1 Italian Starshine
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 04:42:23 AM »
I wouldn't. She's not in very bad condition for a nirvana, TBH. My guess would be worth around $10?
I'm sure there's plenty of regular Starshines out there in worse condition if you need a bait, and I'm sure someone would be willing to swap!
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 05:16:26 AM »
she is not bait at all, she is typical of an italian pony :) all the flaws you mention are typical! i wouldn't restore her either as this will decrease her value should you plan to sell her on.

the italian symbols were metallic and very prone ot fading over time (they one were gold! the colour oxidises to green over time), the eyes were hand stamped on in the factory so they are never perfect, her hair is not cut all all, the italian hair is very straight and very "choppy" looking. you can get her mane to lie flat by wetting it and wrapping it round her neck and putting tissue round it until it is dry ;)

here are my italian starshine's for you to compair her with

love pkw xx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Jemstar666

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 05:38:49 AM »
I would so love that pony in my collection! even with her flaws, I have yet to own any nirvanas she is so pretty!

i have some baits, including a standard starshine
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:40:42 AM by Jemstar666 »

isabelleakamori

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 05:47:50 AM »
Thank you for your input, I knew I should ask here first :)

I did open her up (head popped right off) and found that she does have some tail rust, but as it's not in the tail itself so I'm letting her dry inside and out. I still think the mane is a little bit cut, as it's a little shorter than my collection one (not much), but it may be an italian thing that not all manes are exactly the same length either :)

Thanks again!

As I said in the original post, I'm willing to trade her for baits, as long as there is one white (or yellow, come to think of it) bait involved. G1 or G3. So if you're interested, feel free to PM me :)

Jemstar666

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 05:54:24 AM »
I dont think I have anything good enough to trade for her @_@ my baits/doubles are probably too baity

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s529/Jemma_Smith/DSCF0563.jpg
http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s529/Jemma_Smith/DSCF0552.jpg
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:22:26 AM by Jemstar666 »

isabelleakamori

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 06:55:35 AM »
Hmm, well that Peri Winkle looks interesting.. I'll PM you :)

(Others that PM'ed me, thank you, but Jemstar expressed interest first :) )

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 02:44:45 PM »
I wouldn't touch her. She looks like she's in lovely shape.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

isabelleakamori

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 10:07:05 AM »
I won't, she'll be flying to a new home soon :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal