collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Oh S***, that wasn't a group of ponies I bought on ebay, it was one. *UPDATED*  (Read 1502 times)

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Oh yes, I thought I'd just read all the text about the ponies.  I was too captivated by the lovely pictures of the 4 ponies (two were beautiful wingers that I wanted very badly).  And yes the buy it now was so tempting so I clicked on it to buy the ponies.  Then I realized after all that that it was only for one pony.  Just one!!!  There was 4 pictures of the group of ponies!  Why didn't she just take a picture of each pony?!?

I contacted the seller about 2 minutes after purchase (yeah I had paid right away too, was blissly happy thinking of the lovely wingers in the picture).  I'm hoping to get this canceled because that's way too much for that pony alone and I already have her. :(

I've never asked a seller to cancel a purchase before.....

Do you think the seller will be nice to me?  I wanna cry. :(
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:02:06 AM by FairyDust »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Oh S***, that wasn't a group of ponies I bought on ebay, it was one. :(
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 08:20:05 PM »
I do not like it when they post pictures of something and its not what your all getting. You have to be very careful when bidding and buying things. Some sellers just do not take the time to take seperate pictures. :(  Yes I would contact them and see what they say. Just get yourself ready if they say no your bidded and have to pay. Sorry to hear that this happened to you.

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 08:27:15 PM »
Yeah, I know better but stupid me is tired and on the internet looking at pretty ponies and not seeing the whole picture (the text).

I've already paid so that's not going to be a problem to them.  Hopefully they are merciful and will cancel the purchase.  I even told them that I'd pay any paypal fees or anything.  *crosses fingers*.

No one should on ebay should have a pictures of 4 ponies and then say only the one in the back is what you are getting.  Not the pretty wingers in the front.  That's kind of deceiptive.  It would be different if the pony was actually priced what it was worth but it isn't, I over paid.

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »
I have done that also. I do not go on there anymore when I am tired. I always buy something that I wished that I did not the next morning. Especially when I have to get up early to go to work. Then I wonder why I spend so much on ponies. I could save it and not have to work so much.....LOL

They might go for it if your offering to pay the fees that got from the selling of it. * fingers crossed also*

I totally agree with you. You always put a picture or pictures of what it is that you are bidding or buying. I have come along listing with stuff that is not for sale in it. Oh yes wingers are very PRETTY!!!!

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 08:39:08 PM »
Thanks for the words of comfort.

maybe I can blame it on the wingers in my own head so I can sleep tonight.  It's not a big deal really, I just feel really stupid (plus I'm saddened that I won't be getting the wings which were pretty prominent in all 4 pictures.

I'm gonna go cry now (I'm a tenderhearted cry baby I guess...). :(

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 09:44:16 PM »
Mean thing to do.  IMHO.
:socks:   :frog:

kittisiubhan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 10:35:19 PM »
Don't feel bad one bit - I know exactly which listing you're talking about and I almost did the same thing.

eBay is really trying to get through to sellers that your images are the most important factor in a listing and to use photographs that show ONLY what is included. Those infinitely long descriptions with terms and conditions don't mean anything anymore anyway... if you use eBay or PayPal to sell you are bound by THEIR terms. Period.

Since you did follow through with the payment I'll be curious to see how they handle it - I hope you would keep us all posted,

Good luck!!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 03:00:57 AM »
I think a lot of people have done something similar in the past - those group pics are so confusing! Sellers really ought to not be able to do that  :(   I think you did the right thing contacting the seller right away and explaining the situation to them :bigups:  Hopefully they will be understanding,  cancel the sale and not be too disappointed. Let us know how it goes  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 05:01:21 AM »
Update:  The seller is an angel!  She refunded it and told me she was going to relist them as a lot.  I'll totally be watching her listings now.  That was so kind of her.  I hope that was my one and only time I ever have to ask a seller ever again for my mistakes and their pretty but not 100% true pictures.

Good thing now though is that that lot will be up for everybody to bid against now with all 4 ponies together!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Wow what awesome news to hear! ^_^ It's great to run across such good-hearted people on ebay. Hard to remember there's nice people out there when we run across so many crazies all the time!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
Update:  The seller is an angel!  She refunded it and told me she was going to relist them as a lot.  I'll totally be watching her listings now.  That was so kind of her.  I hope that was my one and only time I ever have to ask a seller ever again for my mistakes and their pretty but not 100% true pictures.

Good thing now though is that that lot will be up for everybody to bid against now with all 4 ponies together!

What a kind seller :lovey:

It's really confusing when sellers use group pictures from only one single pony. Looks misleading to me. It's very good to hear that you have a seller that's willing to work this out! :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Thats awesome news!! :cheer: :frolic:  ;happy:   I'm really happy for you - and wishing you all the  best bidding for the winger lot too :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
You really lucked out on this one!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
That's great you have a good outcome! I get annoyed when I see auctions set up that way, it's misleading, confusing and a form of false advertising. It's great the seller understood that and I wish you all the best in getting the ponies you want!
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Yea this has happened to me and I over paid for a Teeny because I thought I was getting the set and felt so stupid for not reading the description better.  Really, this is misleading and sellers need to quit doing this. Even though the auction states the facts...pictures should be the only pony in the auction.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal