collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bought something and I\'m a bit worried?  (Read 569 times)

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Bought something and I\'m a bit worried?
« on: November 27, 2012, 05:38:52 PM »
I purchased an Enterplay promo card off another website recently for some money...not too much, but not a small amount either.
I was nervous about doing so because of the amount (about $100), but decided to not be so paranoid and do it anyway.

So, anyway, the seller is in the UK, and I'm in the US, I sent him the money on November 9th.
He ended up shipping the card on November 13th and it's not here yet.

He gave me a tracking number, but it never worked. I've sent him 2 or 3 e-mails about it not working and he still hasn't responded.

The carrier on Paypal says "DPD UK" but that website doesn't give me anything, USPS doesn't work for tracking it, and when I tried tracking it on another website it came up with "Parcelforce" but said it was "out of date" or "couldn't be tracked".

I realize it can take longer for packages out of the UK to the US, but I'm just worried since the seller hasn't contacted me.

Am I just being a paranoid crazy, or should I be worried because the tracking doesn't work? I've never had this happen before, so I guess that's why I'm a bit nervous.  :huh:

Post Merge: November 27, 2012, 06:48:26 PM

Well, unfortunately I heard someone else purchased from the same seller and also didn't receive their items after about 40+ days now. When they escalated to a claim, the seller lied about the buyer to Paypal, saying he was angry about how the cards were shipped or something and escalated it because of that. Seems it is just a scammer. *Sigh* Was really hoping I'd get this card. Hope Paypal will at least give my money back.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 06:48:26 PM by melipuffles »

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bought something and I\'m a bit worried?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:43:06 PM »
I would give it a little time. If they haven't arrived by the 45 (44 to be safe) day mark, file a claim.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 03:10:16 AM »
Hmm.. well the time frame isnt anything to worry about - its only been a few weeks, and sometimes it can take a month or more - especially at this time of year - for international parcels (especially when Royal Mail is being slow and not delivering everyday..)  :awake: . Also sometimes tracking doesnt show right away. but since its been a few weeks and the tracking still isnt showing, you've had no contact from the seller, and now you heard that its likely they scammed someone else, then I would advise you to open a claim. if the item dloes actually arrive then you can always re-send the payment.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 06:54:02 AM »
Definitely open a claim! When Paypal sees multiple people are opening claims against him I'm sure they will side with you. It's a shame to not get the card, but at this point I would be focused on getting your money back!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline melipuffles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:25:26 AM »
Yeah, unfortunately I've had to open a claim. Two other people now have stepped foward and said they were scammed by him.
If the card ever does arrive (which I highly doubt), then I will re-send the payment.

Thank you for your help everyone. I'm upset it had to come to this.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 02:31:58 PM »
Uggg..how disappointing  :cry:

I am almost positive Paypal will side in your favor although that still leaves you without the card.  Hopefully though you will be able to find the card from a more reliable seller in the future.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline melipuffles

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 04:51:37 PM »
I will hopefully be able to find another one. It has just put me off a bit to buying from people I don't know well. ;-;

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal