collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Salli's Dream Releases/ Open letter to Hasbro  (Read 2463 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Salli's Dream Releases/ Open letter to Hasbro
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 08:13:15 AM »
(RAMChYLD, I think you should probably stop following this thread because I won't stop including 'villains' and it seems that my non-existent ponies are upsetting you. I feel like it's a non-issue here because you are pretty much alone in this and I feel you are being inconsiderate to the rest of us who like having villains who aren't just 'mean girls'. These sets would be for fans of the show.)

Cloudsdale would be extremely awesome and should have been released with Glimmer Wings Rarity and Twilight's hot air balloon. Like I said in my post, I would do things very differently if I had free rein  (no pun intended :rolleyes:) over producing ponies. But I felt like this was a good compromise between what we want (variety and our favorite characters) and the direction Hasbro wants to go. I am sticking to my theory that they hate money.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 08:14:19 AM »
omg yes please. Cloudsdale playset!!

I'd actually like two Villains packs, one with lesser villains/misunderstood characters (Silver Spoon, Diamond Tiara, Trixie with hat and cape, Gilda, Babs Seed, Flim and Flam) and one with the real villains (Discord, Sombra, Chrysalis, and a changeling)

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2012, 08:18:57 AM »
I dunno what RAMChYLD's exact reasons are besides preference, but I think he's just saying his opinion on the sets and that's okay. I mean a lot of people think villains would be cool, including me, but it's okay if somebody has reasons why they don't want something like that (sometimes you need a good safe show to fall back on, at least from my experience; hard for me to find stuff that doesn't trigger me).

Anyway, one of the ponies I would dieee to have would be young Granny Smith. I mean, HER DESIGN! It would be cool if they could have some really nice location sets. Cloudsdale would of course be awesome; I'd really like the Apple family farm even. Like that cool barn...? D: It's too awesome to pass up, Hasbro!

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 08:23:16 AM »
Personally I love villians, and I need more pony variety. Also? You know what I do when there is a pony I want in a set of those I don't? I buy it, then I resell the other ponies. Problem solved. No sadness or anger required XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Thank you tinrobo!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 08:23:45 AM »
octocorn, that is a great idea for the villain sets!

Heliodor, I am fine with people expressing their opinion, but I don't approve of hijacking a thread with one's opinion over and over.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 08:54:09 AM »
Can't keep the drool in my mouth! You should srsly work for Hasbroken!
And I would sooo buy a Cloudsdale playset. Or even RD's house. Beautiful concept and the most creatively created place in Equestria if you ask me!

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
I am sticking to my theory that they hate money.

They really must, the show has so much potential for amazingly creative toy releases. Cloudsdale, Appleloosa, Zecora's Hut, Everfree Forest. It boggles my mind that they don't take advantage of it and come out with some really fun and interesting play sets. I would have gladly payed sixty dollars for the wedding castle if it was anything like the prototype instead of splitting the cost with a friend and paying 15. I guess we can always dream... :huh:

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2012, 09:29:33 AM »

Anyway, one of the ponies I would dieee to have would be young Granny Smith. I mean, HER DESIGN! It would be cool if they could have some really nice location sets. Cloudsdale would of course be awesome; I'd really like the Apple family farm even. Like that cool barn...? D: It's too awesome to pass up, Hasbro!

Indeed!!! I love young Granny Smith, she's adorable! Maybe she could come with a Zap Apple set or something!  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I am sticking to my theory that they hate money.

They really must, the show has so much potential for amazingly creative toy releases. Cloudsdale, Appleloosa, Zecora's Hut, Everfree Forest. It boggles my mind that they don't take advantage of it and come out with some really fun and interesting play sets. I would have gladly payed sixty dollars for the wedding castle if it was anything like the prototype instead of splitting the cost with a friend and paying 15. I guess we can always dream... :huh:
I'm sticking to that theory as well, as those ideas would sell out like HOTCAKES! XD That saying is funny.
Appleoosa with Braeburn and the buffalo guy!
Zecora with her hut!
tjfiejgrfdir WHY DON'T THEY DO THOSE?!?!?! Are they brain dead? o.o
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:31:07 AM by BerryPunch »

cesprins

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
A matter of money and time. Takes time to design these and money to make new molds and prototype them. I think Hasbro.is just trying to be safe in this economy but they have enough old and new fans that have recaptivated by the show, they really should take a gamble and do something awesome. New and innovative ideas is how you make a.real profit. I think sticking to their intial brand concept of brushable ponies and making them beautiful and relevant to the show would really be a smart move. If they keep playing it safe they won't see the huge gain they could have gotten.

I love all these playset ideas. It's fun just imagining them.

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2012, 10:41:38 AM »
I LOVE your playset and pony ideas Salli! I really don't see why Hasbro doesn't take advantage of making more ponies and sets from the show. Even as a mom with a daughter who loves the show, I'd be WAY more likely to buy her sets that I know she'll have fun reinacting from the show than just the same mane 6 characters over and over. It seems like they did it a teeny bit with the wedding characters, they just need to keep going! I know the money thing is a concern for a business of course, but it would totally pay off if they really did quality work!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2012, 11:32:45 AM »
These ideas are awesome, but yeah, Hasbro is playing it safe. Plus to start these new molds and designs, they have to confer wih marketing, research and development, buyer representatives at various stores, etc. It's just easier and more cost effective to stick with what they do. New playsets and molds need more people to oversee quality control, design them, maintain them, etc, etc.

That said, the translucent ponies would be a feasible and easy step for them!!

And I personally love villians and recognize the need for them.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

BerryPunch

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2012, 12:04:04 PM »
These ideas are awesome, but yeah, Hasbro is playing it safe. Plus to start these new molds and designs, they have to confer wih marketing, research and development, buyer representatives at various stores, etc. It's just easier and more cost effective to stick with what they do. New playsets and molds need more people to oversee quality control, design them, maintain them, etc, etc.

That said, the translucent ponies would be a feasible and easy step for them!!

And I personally love villians and recognize the need for them.
Hey, I actually think we have some hope for those. Just look at the new mold minis in those sets!  :lol:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2012, 01:01:05 PM »
A matter of money and time. Takes time to design these and money to make new molds and prototype them. I think Hasbro.is just trying to be safe in this economy but they have enough old and new fans that have recaptivated by the show, they really should take a gamble and do something awesome. New and innovative ideas is how you make a.real profit. I think sticking to their intial brand concept of brushable ponies and making them beautiful and relevant to the show would really be a smart move. If they keep playing it safe they won't see the huge gain they could have gotten.

Sure, it takes time and money at the start. It's an investment. Imagine if Hasbro had stuck with the collectors mold? Would they have made as much money? Did they make enough money with the many molds they invested in after the first year to make it worth it?
People are losing interest in the toys. I know several people who used to collect g4s but got out of it in favor of lines that produce new things all the time.
Do you think if they made and sold these sets that they would make their money back with a profit? I think they would. I feel like they are sitting on a gold mine with the show and not recognizing the potential as most of you have mentioned. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I also LOVE young Granny Smith and plan to make her and her little sun bonnet  ^.^ that would make me smile! I also LOVE her mom's design with the antique sewing machine and plan to make her too XD I would so buy an Appleoosa playset!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2012, 01:27:27 PM »
Hasbro needs to talk to Lego.  And we NEED a fuglehorn!
:socks:   :frog:

BerryPunch

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2012, 02:18:26 PM »
Hasbro needs to talk to Lego.  And we NEED a fuglehorn!
Pinkie does as well!!

XD Sign me up as well!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal