collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Salli's Dream Releases/ Open letter to Hasbro  (Read 2370 times)

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
Re: Salli's Dream Releases/ Open letter to Hasbro
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 06:51:29 PM »
But I feel like villains are needed when you're a kid and play with your ponies and need to have them kick-butt on a bad guy. I mean, sometimes that does happen.  :lol:
Sorry, but not for me.

I want our Chrysalis already! With a funky package like NMM came in!
Maybe even throw a changeling in there! :D
Ok, enough of this...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 06:56:26 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 06:55:10 PM »
But I feel like villains are needed when you're a kid and play with your ponies and need to have them kick-butt on a bad guy. I mean, sometimes that does happen.  :lol:
Sorry, but not for me.
Not to sound like arguing, but I'm curious. Why exactly?  :satisfied:

Offline RAMChYLD

• Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 06:58:44 PM »
I've registered MLP G4 as Arthur Substitute (no longer able to get Arthur in Malaysia- long stupid story). If I want ponies, I want it to be exactly like Arthur. That means no villains, slice of life, and E/I compliant. Why I've given up on the show. I should've known. My conscience was right, it will only end in tears....

I had a breakdown earlier this year because of Discord and Chrysalis (and that the show's no longer E/I compliant), and came back after I decided that the show doesn't have to be canon to my pony world, and that I don't want to watch the show anymore. If Hasbro tries to shove the show's canon down my throat further by extending them to the toys, then I'm sorry, but I'd rather give up on MLP.

Granted, I can try to get a blowtorch and do any villain figures I'm forced to buy what Ashen does to toys that does not please him, but I'm just not that kind of guy.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:07:53 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 07:08:56 PM »
 perhaps you should not watch the current series if it upsets you so much? :(  but i dont see a problem at all with villains i think they are needed for good story telling arcs.    but to each his own.  there are lots of cartoons out there you might like better maybe? :)
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline RAMChYLD

• Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 07:13:27 PM »
perhaps you should not watch the current series if it upsets you so much? :(  but i dont see a problem at all with villains i think they are needed for good story telling arcs.    but to each his own.  there are lots of cartoons out there you might like better maybe? :)
I already gave up on the series! I just don't want it's continuity forced down my throat in the means of Hasbro spreading it to the toys!

Now, if Funko made the villains, I wouldn't care less. Hasbro? Just no.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 08:32:04 PM »

Granted, I can try to get a blowtorch and do any villain figures I'm forced to buy what Ashen does to toys that does not please him, but I'm just not that kind of guy.

How funny.  I was watching him torch an angry birds toy when I read this, lol.   

I want all those playsets, btw.  Crystal Faire Playset NEEDS TO BE MINE.

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »
I already gave up on the series! I just don't want it's continuity forced down my throat in the means of Hasbro spreading it to the toys!

Now, if Funko made the villains, I wouldn't care less. Hasbro? Just no.

Funko needs to be the one to make all fan favorites, like the :muffin: Pony they did.

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 12:26:05 AM »
Sorry, but not for me.

I want our Chrysalis already! With a funky package like NMM came in!
Maybe even throw a changeling in there! :D
Ok, enough of this...

Enough of what? Why does it offend you so much if other people want villain ponies/toys to be sold? It doesn't mean you have to buy or even like them, and I don't see how it's Hasbro's way of "shoving down your throat" their ideas. I'm sick of seeing the same 6 ponies over and over again, but that's my problem, and so I just don't buy all the new variants and let the people who want them to do as they please with them. Why should one villain pony ruin your entire collection for you? I'm not a fan of Trixie's character in the show, so I was conflicted when she was released because she is such a gorgeous pony. But I bought her anyway and just made up my own story for her where she redeems herself and becomes best friends with Twilight Sparkle. There. Problem solved. MY Trixie is not Hasbro's interpretation of Trixie, so why does every bad guy have to pose as such a threat?

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 05:14:29 AM »
Inky, I like that logic.  Perfect sense.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 05:49:46 AM »
G1 villains were a LOT worse than G4 villains. Have you seen Tirek? He's terrifying!

Just look at him!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 06:07:14 AM »
I really want to repose one of my ponies in a prancing pose now~ It would be so cute :D

Offline RAMChYLD

• Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 06:52:59 AM »
It doesn't mean you have to buy or even like them, and I don't see how it's Hasbro's way of "shoving down your throat" their ideas. I'm sick of seeing the same 6 ponies over and over again, but that's my problem, and so I just don't buy all the new variants and let the people who want them to do as they please with them. Why should one villain pony ruin your entire collection for you?
Well, if they package it with a pony I don't have, I'll be forced to buy it, wouldn't I? I was lucky I was able to get the collectors set without Nightmare Moon, and I made an exception because Nightmare Moon redeemed herself and became Luna in the end. The rest of the villains did not redeem. Therefore they are invalid and I would not buy them. But packaging them together with a pony that I may want, that I consider shoving the canon down my throat.

G1 villains were a LOT worse than G4 villains. Have you seen Tirek? He's terrifying!
Yes, I am aware of Tirek. As a matter of fact, I've revisited this special a few dozen times. And as I said, I once had a crush on Megan. But I can never sit through one episode of Classic G1 straight. But MLP started appealing to me with Tales. Especially since I discovered Tales after Arthur was cancelled off Malaysian TV and took to it like an Arthur Substitute, and when I figured out why Arthur didn't come back (and will probably never come back) and found Season 1 of FIM, I gave it a chance even though my conscience was warning me. Guess it was right.

Anyways, I don't want to talk about this anymore. This will hereforth be my last post to the thread. I'm sorry I even let my depression get the better of me and posted a reply when the correct action was to keep silent and ignore the thread.

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 07:08:10 AM »
I've registered MLP G4 as Arthur Substitute (no longer able to get Arthur in Malaysia- long stupid story). If I want ponies, I want it to be exactly like Arthur. That means no villains, slice of life, and E/I compliant. Why I've given up on the show. I should've known. My conscience was right, it will only end in tears....

I LOVE Arthur, and grew up with it, but I do think MLP is a bit of different beast and always has been. Even from G1 the ponies were butt-kicking a lot of bad guys all of the time -- very adventure-based. However I don't think you should give up on the toyline if they make villains, that would just be too sad because you like the toys. And also, a lot of the FiM series IS slice-of-life, it's really the premieres/finales that are adventure-like. I guess I can't know your reasons for feeling so strongly on this, other than just wanting a good safe series to be able to go back to, and I can get that. Maybe you could just not-buy the villains though...? I mean, you shouldn't stop liking the whole thing if they make one thing you don't like, you can just ignore that part!

Don't give up on ponies! (if you like them I mean)  :lookround:

EDIT: Sorry RAMChYLD, didn't see your last post until right now saying you didn't want to discuss anymore. Ignore this post!  ^^;
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:11:37 AM by Heliodor »

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 07:25:23 AM »
Love everything about this list.  We definitely need new boy pony brushables. Also the idea of translucent glittering ponies (awesome!), this may even tempt some of the "not ANOTHER mane 6 release" crowd (of which I am one) to purchase translucent mane 6 characters.

Also

*big breath* I WANT A FLUGELHORN!!!!!!!!

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 07:59:00 AM »
Personally, I would looove a Cloudsdale play set as well as the Crystal Empire play sets.

Just imagine what they could do with a place like this! My collection would be beautiful! :frolic:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal