collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Avatar Exchange, Round 2 - Partners Sent!  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
The Avatar Exchange, Round 2 - Partners Sent!
« on: November 26, 2012, 10:05:19 AM »
This was fun the last time around, so I thought we'd give it another go!

The Avatar Exchange!

Basically, this works much like the ATC swap, with the exception of mailing - whether your artwork is traditional or digital, it will all be delivered here!  Each round you'll get a secret partner (who you will keep secret until you reveal the avatar) and will have three weeks to deliver an avatar based on your partner's form.

Guidelines:

-You should deliver two versions of your icon: a 150x150 version for use here at the Arena (under 60k, please) and a larger, un-cropped version.  If you do pixel ponies, the second can be waived as a larger version may not exist.
-If you have a current adoptable, please do not use the lines from it to complete this trade.  On that note, you should only use original (by you) artwork only, please.
-Please deliver on time.  If you have not delivered on time for the round, your ability to participate in future exchanges will be suspended until you make up your part.
-Artwork should abide by Arena standards of content, of course.  ;)
-Please don't use DeviantArt to link to reference pictures or host your final avatar.  Sometimes DA messes up and you can't view the image.  Try a free service somewhere instead, please.
-Your sign-up post should contain the word she-wolf somewhere in order to signify to me that you've read the rules.
-Do not reveal your partner before you're done!  If you have any questions, please message me and I can PM your partner. 
-Post your finished avatar to this thread when you are finished.  You may post the avatar up to three days before the deadline, but no earlier, please.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask in this thread!

Dates:

Sign-ups:  now through Saturday, December 1st, at 9:00 pm EST
Partners Sent: Sunday, the 2nd before 5:00 pm EST
Working: Dec 2nd-Dec 16th
Final Posting Deadline: Sunday, Dec 16th by 11:00 pm EST

Sign-ups go in this thread!  Please do not PM them to me.  Thanks!

Form:

Arena name:

Link to Gallery (if you have one, DA or elsewhere, or a thread on this forum):

What are your specialities?  (Only pony art, or anthro and/or people as well?  Realistic or toony?  Digital or traditional?  Do you do animated GIFs or pixels?  Anything else you can think of?)

Brief Character Description:

Character Reference Pic (a nice, clear reference, please!  Links only - do not embed!):

List three to six possible themes for your avatar.  These can be motifs, colors, expressions/emotions, hobbies, objects, etc ... pretty much anything!

Anything you don't like?

Any other info?

Participants:
1. SDS
2. ZennaBug
3. Eviecorn
4. Sirithfin
5. Shaiyeh
6. RainbowJuice
7. Koudoawaia
8. Griffin
(more spots added if more participants want in)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:15:29 AM by Eviecorn »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Exchange, Round 2 - Sign-Ups!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:22:28 AM »
I'm a-thinking I will join up this time. It's low-key on energy requirements, but still quite fun. :)

Arena name: SourdoughStomper

Link to Gallery: http://desertsunflower.deviantart.com/

What are your specialities?  (Only pony art, or anthro and/or people as well?  Realistic or toony?  Digital or traditional?  Do you do animated GIFs or pixels?  Anything else you can think of?). Hmm, been so long since I did anything, I don't know if I have an specialities anymore. I do pony art and it used to be a blend of MLP art and Spirit style. I prefer doing digital, and I get a kick out of doing pixel and/or GIF art from time to time.

Brief Character Description: Sunflower. Earth pony. Tan/sand colored body with a sunflower symbol. Purple tail and multi-colored mane.

Character Reference Pic: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/TRCapp/SunflowerRefSheet_dizziness.png

List three to six possible themes for your avatar.  These can be motifs, colors, expressions/emotions, hobbies, objects, etc ... pretty much anything!

1. Desert
2. Warm
3. Sunny
4. Happy
5. Thoughtful
6. Southwest patterns

Anything you don't like? I like G1 and G3 style art. G4 or G3.5 style, not so much. I'm not saying it has to be done in any of the styles, but I thought I'd bring it up. Anthro is okay, but not really my thing overall.

Any other info? Umm... I'm wondering if I have the courage to click the "post" button. :yikes: ... and something about a she-wolf?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:04:29 PM by SourdoughStomper »
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 01:11:42 PM »
Yay, Stomper!  I'm glad you decided to play this round.  :cheer:

I had a blast last time.  I'm almost done with my holiday art swap postcards, so I'll join this again, even though it will be hard to change out my current avi!

Arena name: ZennaBug

Link to Gallery: http://runeelf.deviantart.com/

What are your specialities?  (Only pony art, or anthro and/or people as well?  Realistic or toony?  Digital or traditional?  Do you do animated GIFs or pixels?  Anything else you can think of?). My ponies are pretty cartoony I guess.  I am best at traditional art, so will likely stick with that unless I have a brilliant digital idea.  I don't know how to animate.

Brief Character Description: Vessa is a yellow unicorn with green hair and blue socks/blaze/spots.  She wears a pink tail bow and has no particular magic to speak of.  She's happy and loves animals.

Character Reference Pic:

1. Winter
2. Christmas (trees, Santa, presents, etc.  Not religious)
3. Happy
4. Silly
5. My dogs, if you feel like being super fancy.
6. Fireplace

Anything you don't like? I'm indifferent to anthro art most of the time.  Other than that, just about anything works!

Any other info? Nothing except that I am as distracted as a she-wolf tonight!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:04:01 PM by ZennaBug »

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline sirithfin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »
I wanna play too! And since it's got a shipping date after the holiday art swap I can, yay! ^^

Arena name: sirithfin

Link to Gallery (if you have one, DA or elsewhere, or a thread on this forum): http://s78.beta.photobucket.com/user/sirithfin/library/

What are your specialities?  (Only pony art, or anthro and/or people as well?  Realistic or toony?  Digital or traditional?  Do you do animated GIFs or pixels?  Anything else you can think of?)
I do traditional and digital, sort of semirealistic I suppose. As for motif I'm always up for a challenge, ponies, anthros, humans or other animals..! I prefer to do portraits rather than full body when it comes to avatars though. :)

Brief Character Description:
My nameless little gal has a turquoise coat, white face and purple twinkle eyes (they aren't a must if they are too much trouble though). Her forelock is white and the rest of the mane is light turquoise. The tail is white with purple and orange streaks. Symbol is a brush painting a white squiggly thingy with purple maple leaves and orangey golden sparklies. She's an elegant and quite demure pony.

Character Reference Pic (a nice, clear reference, please!  Links only - do not embed!):
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j110/sirithfin/newpersonaref.jpg

1. Winter Wonderland
2. Something fluffy
3. Robins and eurasian bullfinches (or small birds in general)
4. Glittery
5. Vintage
6. Stars

Anything you don't like? I'm not too comfortable seing my characters anthropomorphised. Everything else is a-ok. :)

Any other info? Have fun with it, I won't bite - I'm not a she-wolf, you know! X)

Thank you Dizziness for the sig!
.: | My Arts | :.  -  .: | My Wants | :.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 03:24:41 PM »
Yay, thanks sirithfin for saying the secret word!  XD

Arena name: Eviecorn

Link to Gallery:  It's not exactly Arena-friendly.

What are your Specialties?: Tradiotional and digital art; anthros; basic animations; more 'toony than realistic.

Brief Character Description:  Eviecorn is a muted bluish-purplish-grey unicorn with multicolored dreadlocks.  She is very much like a fell pony in body type, and has shaggy fetlocks.  Her cutie mark is a Mario-esque star with a fire trail.  She always wears her wooden bead necklace and her pink paisley headband.  She is sweet-natured, inquisitive, mellow, highly intelligent and deep, and quietly happy.

Character Reference Pic (a nice, clear reference, please!  Links only - do not embed!):  http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/asbestos_thug/Haterade%20Pony/eviecornucopia/8e56c580.jpg

1. Ethereal/calm/mellowing out
2. Fire
3. Sullen, depressed
4. String lights

Anything you don't like?: I'm pretty open.  I'm not the biggest fan of things that are really girly.

Any other info?  There's a she-wolf in my closet.

Art commissions!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 05:00:20 PM »
Stomper is an addlepated dork. >_<

*goes to edit*
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »
Stomper is an addlepated dork. >_<

*goes to edit*

Hehe, so am I.  What a pair we make tonight!  :lookround:

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 08:45:21 AM »
me!

Arena name: Shaiyeh

Link to Gallery (if you have one, DA or elsewhere, or a thread on this forum):  http://shaiyeh.deviantart.com/

What are your specialities?  (Only pony art, or anthro and/or people as well?  Realistic or toony?  Digital or traditional?  Do you do animated GIFs or pixels?  Anything else you can think of?) I don't do pixels, but I can do all the other things.

Brief Character Description: Neko! Loves when it snows (so winter), cats, art (is an artist), tea, is kinda grumpy (if you've read my ask neko tumblr) and absolutely loves, and lives with, Daf (the BF's 'sona.). She's a bit shorter than other ponies, and a lot horter than Daf.

Character Reference Pic (a nice, clear reference, please!  Links only - do not embed!): might as well link the cutom - she has longer hair now. Here! Also, Daf.

1. Christmas!! I'm in a very Christmassy mood.
2. Winter
3. Cozy/cuddling
4. hot beverages
5. "butterfly project" (as in, Neko with butterflies on her arms/front legs. if you don't know the butterfly project, then just don't bother with this :) but if ths is the chosen theme, please make Neko happy.)
6. -

Anything you don't like? g4 vector art! Sorry, I don't want (show-accurate) vectors. also, monkeys and clowns. don't give Neko monkeys or clowns for Xmas :C

Any other info? I love doctor who. You know DW's Bad Wolf? I wonder if there's a she-wolf to go with that...
(urgh bad one, bad one .__. =-= )

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 11:24:11 AM »
Just a couple of days left to sign up!

Art commissions!

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »
Ohhhhh!
I want to play!!!

Form:

Arena name: Rainbowjuice

Link to Gallery (if you have one, DA or elsewhere, or a thread on this forum): http://rainbowjuice.deviantart.com

What are your specialities?  (Only pony art, or anthro and/or people as well?  Realistic or toony?  Digital or traditional?  Do you do animated GIFs or pixels?  Anything else you can think of?) oh lawd! What don't I do? I can do a little of anything really. I enjoy making animated icons and I am more comfortable in my own style which is a cross of toon and realism. My best work is my digital stuff.

Brief Character Description: RJ is a pale palomino Pegasus with cream stockings and socks. She has various other cream markings and of course her wings! She has blue eyes and is always wearing brown glasses. Her mane and tail are pale champagne blonde and impossibly long and wavy. She can be drawn with or without feathered hooves, as per your own preference.

Her sheet: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/RainbowJuice/ref.png
A recent drawing: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/RainbowJuice/RJChristmas.png

1. SNOW/CHRISTMAS
2. Painting
3. stained glass
4. She's a very happy pony ;)
5. Very fond of a certain Ravenclaw Scarf
6. I'm out of ideas, go crazy!!

Anything you don't like? I don't really like KAWAIIDESUDESU art, huge eyes scare me.

Any other info?
Have fun and remember RJ loves you all! Hey did you know RJ was originally a she-wolf? (Not even a lie, look at my gallery)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:11:14 PM by Rainbowjuice »
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 09:20:13 PM »
This sounds like something I could take part in^^ Also, she-wolf

Form:

Arena name: Koudoawaia

Link to Gallery (if you have one, DA or elsewhere, or a thread on this forum): http://KoudoawaiaVortex.deviantart.com

What are your specialities?  (Only pony art, or anthro and/or people as well?  Realistic or toony?  Digital or traditional?  Do you do animated GIFs or pixels?  Anything else you can think of?) I can do pony and animal including mythical animal art. I can do either digital or traditional though for an avatar, digital makes more sense to me and...I can do either realistic or toony though toony is my default style.

Brief Character Description: Cavy is sweet-natured particularly with her mate and guinea pig companions but can have a horrible temper if anyone does anything to hurt them. She has a special bond with guinea pigs and her unicorn magic helps her to also be able to communicate with them.

Character Reference Pic (a nice, clear reference, please!  Links only - do not embed!): http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/MageKL/media/Cavywatermark.jpg.html

1. guinea pigs
2. winter
3. happy
4. sad
5. in love
6. angry

Anything you don't like? I do not like G2 or G3.5 style. G1, G3 or G4 styles are fine as well as the artist's personal style.

Any other info? Not that I can think of.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:25:10 PM by Koudoawaia »

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
Can't wait!  :cheer:

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 03:40:26 PM »
Okay I probably shouldn't but since I missed the last round and all the Holiday swaps I'd love to join the fun. And I want a new avatar for Christmas. It'll be more fun to make one for someone else rather than for myself.  :lol:

Arena name: Griffin

Link to Gallery http://haawan.deviantart.com

What are your specialities?  Ponies and semi-realistic animals. I can draw humans, too, but I prefer not to draw anthro art. Human version of a pony would be fine. I mainly work in traditional media, but I can do simple digital art. Cannot do pixels, vectors or animation.

Brief Character Description: Aithne is a sand brown unicorn with dark legs and a white blaze, striped hair in autumn colours, and a symbol that features a black cat curled around a Celtic triquetra knot. She's calm and caring and gets well along with most animals. She loves learning and reading (not as obsessively as Twilight Sparkle, though ;) ) and enjoys autumn and winter time in particular.

Character Reference Pic: http://haawan.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d2ljrie

List three to six possible themes for your avatar. These can be motifs, colors, expressions/emotions, hobbies, objects, etc ... pretty much anything!

1. Winter/Christmas (snow, trees, candles etc. nothing too religious)
2. Hot drinks
3. Cats
4. Books/reading
5. Magic
6. Celtic inspired

Anything you don't like? Anthropomorphic, G3.5 style, heavily animated (looks too busy to me... small animated effects like blinking, falling snowflakes etc. are ok, though.)

Any other info? If I don't get all my to-do stuff done by Christmas (or the respective deadlines), you may send a she-wolf after me...   :P

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Exchange, Round 2 - Partners Sent!
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 07:15:57 AM »
Partner assignments have been sent, so we are officially under way!

Art commissions!

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: The Avatar Exchange, Round 2 - Partners Sent!
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 07:55:08 AM »
Yay partners! So excited to get started, I love my partner's themes of choice!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal