collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Draculara and Clawd! Debox or not?  (Read 642 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Draculara and Clawd! Debox or not?
« on: November 25, 2012, 05:30:18 AM »
So I scored a set of Draculaura and Claws, they seem to be in great condition and clawd's eyes seem to be a little bigger than normal (I like it 8D) and there's alot of dust inside the box and that irritates the ducks outta me.  Should I debox them? I don't have a camera at the moment (welll I do but the lens are apparently busted? Still turns on and everything, but the screen is dark.) to take a picture.

Does it devalue them? I do prefer to keep things in the box... easier to keep them nice that way and easier to store.

Offline Ellis1342

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Doodle or do not doodle! There is no artist block!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Re: Draculara and Clawd! Debox or not?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 06:27:13 AM »
You could always open the box and use a can of air to remove the dust then seal it back up. That should preserve the value for the most part. Personally I debox because I buy these things for me. I may be 29, but I still play with toys :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 06:39:46 AM »
You could always open the box and use a can of air to remove the dust then seal it back up. That should preserve the value for the most part. Personally I debox because I buy these things for me. I may be 29, but I still play with toys :D

I like keeping things pretty, I... Have a habit of wrecking and loosing things. I'm afraid to loose it or damage it if I take it out ;--; Plus my camera is bunked so I can't take pictures of my play times haha XD

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 06:47:55 AM »
I deboxed mine, but I also purchased and deboxed them when they were still abundent in stores. I would say if you don't want the dust in there do what Ellis, and use a can of air to remove the dust. I debox everything, I don't have the room to display al of the dolls in boxes and I also enjoy playing with them a little too :)
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 07:20:05 AM »
Definitely if it were me, debox. I hate *sorry guys* owning toys but keeping them MIB, especially if they're new toys that are able to be bought on shelves. It annoys the (your phrase here bagheera! XD ) ducks outta me!
I love being able to display and hold them, photograph them, pose them and redress them, but that's me personally :)

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 07:23:24 AM »
Definitely if it were me, debox. I hate *sorry guys* owning toys but keeping them MIB, especially if they're new toys that are able to be bought on shelves. It annoys the (your phrase here bagheera! XD ) ducks outta me!
I love being able to display and hold them, photograph them, pose them and redress them, but that's me personally :)

Well they're not gonna be available here much longer as this was a dead toy store I got them from and they're $60 a pop! I'm hoping to find another pair, then I can have best of both worlds. I like to pose them and stuff, and I really see them as works of art and I love displaying them, but after playing with them a while... I dunno what to do haha xD

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 07:36:08 AM »
I know they're becoming hard to find, but if you're keeping them boxed for resale reasons, I get worried about resale value too, so I store the boxes on the top of my wardrobe. Just hate keeping toys boxed! XD

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 07:43:25 AM »
I know they're becoming hard to find, but if you're keeping them boxed for resale reasons, I get worried about resale value too, so I store the boxes on the top of my wardrobe. Just hate keeping toys boxed! XD

I don't want to worry about resale value... But i'm not to confident I'll have a financially secure future, and if I need cash... material goods will be the first out the door.

So. I'll debox once I get another box haha! Dollies should be frrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee!

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 07:44:17 AM »

Well they're not gonna be available here much longer as this was a dead toy store I got them from and they're $60 a pop! I'm hoping to find another pair, then I can have best of both worlds. I like to pose them and stuff, and I really see them as works of art and I love displaying them, but after playing with them a while... I dunno what to do haha xD

I personally do NOT debox.  I just bought a Draculara earlier this month as well.  She doesn't have dust in her box but her bangs are really messy which is driving me crazy!!!  :P  Where they are so hard to find now I would really think long and hard before deboxing them.   :)
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 07:26:15 PM »

I don't want to worry about resale value... But i'm not to confident I'll have a financially secure future, and if I need cash... material goods will be the first out the door.

So. I'll debox once I get another box haha! Dollies should be frrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee!

Looks like the rarity of this set depends were you live.

You see we had a tons of this set by this date last year and they sold out months ago, now for  this year the stores are full of them again, I think they did a re-realease of it,  at least for the latin american counrties.

Because is not only one store but most of the ones that sell MH.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:28:48 PM by Sapphire-Light »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal