collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Still no sign of wave 2 blind bags?  (Read 815 times)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Still no sign of wave 2 blind bags?
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:40:25 PM »
I'm really disappointed they skipped wave 2 in the States and other countries that didn't get it and was hoping they would release them later, but who knows if that will ever happen. Is Hasbro still confused, thinking wave 3 is wave 2? I know wave 1 and 2 have similiar colored bags, so maybe if they give wave 2 a different bag color?

I think we should bug Hasbro more in getting them to release wave 2, even if technically you can get half the set from other sets. Some of us are completionists and don't want to spend $15 for a single bb on ebay!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Still no sign of wave 2 blind bags?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:52:57 PM »
Yeah, I don't like how Hasbro is skipping whole places in releases.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 09:04:32 PM »
I sent them an e-mail about it and asked if they're going to release it. I attached what the ponies and the bag looks like too to hope avoid confusion.

keikokukien

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 09:05:59 PM »
Ugh...yes, this! :( I wanted Tealove so badly when I first saw her, but I waited to buy her, thinking that "hey, Hasbro is letting the other waves in other countries. I can just wait until she comes into Walmart~" Hasbrooooken! D:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 10:35:50 PM »
My impatience actually paid off with getting the wave 2 blind bags. I bought or traded for most of the ones I wanted back when they were out in Germany & Sweden. I never did manage to get Blossomforth, Cheerilee, Pudding Pie or Twinkleshine, though. Tealove was the first one I made sure I got. I really wanted her. I don't get why she isn't a full sized brushable yet.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 06:21:54 PM »
Tea Love would be an amazing brushable with a position of honour where my teamug rests on my desk.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline BrightIdea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 09:24:44 AM »
We skipped this wave in the Netherlands, too. I was lucky to find some on a business trip to Sweden, though. I swear, tiny little Honeybelle, Pudding Pie, and Glittery Applejack were the only things keeping me sane there with the long hours and stress.

I think it is nice that they released some of the blind bags from that set, but I don't think they are ever going to release that wave again.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 09:54:17 AM »
I really want Feathermay. =( Maybe they will eventually release the rest in other sets...somehow..?
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »
We skipped wave 1 and wave 2 in the UK lol! And many countries have had similar issues with skipping certain waves. The problem is at any one point in time, HB suppliers are manufacturing just one wave [or the end of one wave, the bulk of another wave and the beginning of the next]. When Wave 7 swings into production then that's the last of Wave 6 being made. So if the a retailer orders "blind bags", then HB orders their supplier to ship "blind bags" - the blind bags which ship will be whichever wave is currently in production.

It all comes down to a couple of things.
1) How late to the blind bag party your country is: for example in the UK by the time UK retailers bought in to blind bags, wave 1 and wave 2 were well and truly past and therefore Hasbro suppliers were only manufacturing and shipping wave 3
2) How successful or fast selling the line is and how well judged that has been by retailer buyers: if a buyer has purchased too much of a wave then you will be stuck with it clearing before a retailer orders more of the same product which can occasionally mean a wave is skipped if the time taken for stock to shift is such that the manufacturer has passed on to the next wave

The fundamental problem right now with blind bags is the sheer scale they are producing different waves in. Yes its great to get new pony characters. But by churning them out to this degree it makes it tough for every retailer and every store to guarantee that they will at some point carry every wave. As waves could sell out quicker than planned and simply not reach everywhere.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 02:37:19 PM »
I got a reply from Hasbro, but it was the usual "not allowed to give info on releases" response. If they never do release wave 2, I hope they at least re-release ponies in newer waves.

popyduggan

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 02:59:09 PM »
What I find most annoying about the wave 2 situation is the tiny limited window that they were produced/offered. I mean, I can still go to Target or Kmart or Walgreens and find most of, if not all of wave 1 today.

I mean it's not like wave 2 didn't have the obligatory mane 6 rereleases they depend upon or had any unacceptable completely obscure characters in it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 03:02:39 PM by popyduggan »

Offline StarlightGaze

• Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 04:03:06 AM »
It's likely Hasbro revised the product line and left out wave 2 on purpose in favor of newer waves. Those 12 missing ponies are gonna haunt me forever though.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 06:55:33 AM »
I am also waiting on pins and needles for some way to get the ponies from this set. I am not a huge fan of blind bags but I do have a love for brushables that are also blind bags, so I'm dying for this set! >.< I don't want to pay $5+ for a tiny plastic pony that could fit in the palm of my hand, but I would love Feathermay, Blossomforth, Cheerilee, Twinkleshine, etc. So unfair that a majority of the unique character brushables can only be found as blind bags in THIS set! >___<
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Pony Adventures

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • IRL Pony Adventures
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 07:43:55 AM »
What I find most annoying about the wave 2 situation is the tiny limited window that they were produced/offered. I mean, I can still go to Target or Kmart or Walgreens and find most of, if not all of wave 1 today.

I mean it's not like wave 2 didn't have the obligatory mane 6 rereleases they depend upon or had any unacceptable completely obscure characters in it.

This is happening to me too! The only waves I have seen both in my area and in several places in socal (I have my mom and friends look for me) are wave 1 and wave 4. I got wave 2 for Christmas last year on ebay but wave 3 eludes me.

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 08:30:37 AM »
I was SO excited when I saw Wave 2 bling bags at Toys R Us the other day. I didn't have any info on them so I just bought three, since it didn't really matter to me which of the new ponies I got, I just really wanted to see one of the new BB ponies. When I opened them? Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Seriously.

I know that doesn't add anything to the conversation, but can I just tell you the disappointment on that has made me just want to quit it with the stupid blind bags altogether.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal