collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who would you like to see crowned America's Next Top Monster?

Cupid
66 (49.6%)
Kalma
67 (50.4%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: November 24, 2012, 06:44:23 PM

Author Topic: Challenge 12 - Evaluation (Part II of the finale! It's time to vote!)  (Read 6314 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Good evening, Cupid and Kalma. It is time for your evaluation.

Your critique, in alphabetical order:

Cupid:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Janice: Ghoul, if all your shots had been like that last one, you'd be golden. What a gorgeous picture - your hair is flawless, and you're glancing coquettishly over your shoulder like a fabulous little minx. In that shot, you're working your couture gown to the fullest, and you're full-on model. The other shots weren't so exciting. Your close-ups both looked EXACTLY the same ... yawn. In your full-body shots, you look disinterested, exhausted. I know this competition has been long and grueling; but welcome to the modeling world, darling! It only gets harder from here on out, and I'm just not sure you've got the stamina to make this a career.

Tyra: You have grown so much in this competition. I no longer see a ghoul dreaming to be a model, but a ghoul who has become one right in front of our eyes! You're working every single outfit, your hair is 100% FLAWLESS and while I agree that some of the shots are simular to others, overall you've done an amazing job and I am incredibly proud of you for coming this far! This will most certainly be one hell of a catfight between the judges to pick a winner..

Nigel: I must say Cupid, you have turned many a head through this contest and you've got the looks to carry yourself far, if you didn't, you wouldn't be here.  But it takes more than just a pretty face with killer style to be a modern model.  I do get the 'model vibe' dear, but poses 1, 3, and 6 are very similar, with 5 riding close on the same poses' coat tails ... and the lighting in 5 does you no justice my glamorous ghoul! and the fleck near you in that same shot ... draws my eye ... I detest distractions from my models.  Your lines and curves flow like water, graceful, cohesive, modelesque.  The variety of close ups to full body shots is wonderful. I would have loved to see more variety in the backgrounds, and maybe a shot paying more attention to the gorgeous gown ... not one shot has it in it's entirity and only one shows the jaw dropping dip v front detail.  Looking through your past portfolio and seeing the daring lengths you've gone to ... where did that go ghoul?

Nefera: Cupid, your spread on page 43 and 44 was to me the most Morgue Italia worthy of all your shots. There is something real and beautiful about it - the positioning of your hands, the way you're not making eye contact, your face covering one eye - PERFECTION! In this spread you are modeling without even trying, and that is the most supreme form of modeling to master! Congrats! The remainder of your shots did appear a bit too model-y to me, although I do love the way the light is catching your face in your spread on pages 45 and 46. There you look simply angelic! I truly wish your whole shoot had been a bit more in the style of 43/44. That spread is real, it's saw, it's edgy, and I wish the rest of your shoot had contained the same level of rawness.

Kalma:

Janice: Oh, hon ... none of your shots echoed your title of Deadly Decadence. You were so sweet, so delicate and dainty, so demure; I didn't see the fierceness needed for that title. Aside from that, I have to say I really did love your shots - except the one with the hot-pink shoes. What were you thinking?? Clash-city! Aside from that, I feel like you totally owned your couture gown, and you played up your fabulous backdrops to the max. In every shot, I saw a model. You looked really fresh in this last challenge, like you're ready for more. You have growing to do, but you're going in the right direction.

Tyra: Decadence is right; you're a sweet little morsel of absolute model goodness in every shot! I can't get enough of your facial expression and the way you're radiating an incredible amount of confidence in this finale. Despite your petite frame, you are NOT letting the dress smother you, but instead it's showing off your figure in the most flattering and delicate manner, as I would expect from such a classy ghoul as yourself. Your locations are insanely gorgeous and I can't get over how different every photo is. Spectacular job, Kalma! We're all very proud of you as well.

Nigel: Kalma, Kalma, Kalma ... that you deserve to be here there is no doubt, but is it enough?  Like Cupid, you have the looks and the style, but do you really want this?  To fight tooth and nail for the top spot?  We shall see my ghoul, we shall see.  Your location is spectacular, the harsh rocks against the soft flow of the gown, the variety of colors, shade and light add much to the visual contrasts which is superb!  I find the lack of dynamic poses shocking dear ... one mid-close up, five full body? And so very similar, they almost show a flip-book of motion.  You are dynamic ghoul! Remember that and use it to your advantage, this is no time to play it safe.  Your gown is a wonderful play of your skeletal frame and lends a touch of softness to you, flaunt it, let it billow, let it pool, don't fight it, be one with it, OWN IT!  That you lived in that dress and let it feature with you is impressive and more so that you didn't let it overpower you.  I still see a shy, more timid Lama in this shoot though ... it's not time to be timid, now is the time to roar ghoul!

Nefera: Kalma, your photos among the rocks are absolutely breathtaking. Your photo on page 134 would be utter perfection if only your hand was reaching out to the rock instead of supporting your gown! However, the photos after this begin to feel a tad monotonous - you're grabbing onto something for balance in nearly every shot! While the different angles and backgrounds mix things up a bit, your poses don't do quite the same. Nevertheless, I'm quite smitten with your photos among the rocks and you did a wonderful job. I especially love the font you chose for your quotes. Very professional.

Good luck, my final two! May the best ghoul win!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:00:28 PM by America's Next Top Monster »

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge 12 - Evaluation (Part II of the finale! It's time to vote!)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 06:48:30 PM »
Aww crap! I don't know who to vote for.... I might have to sleep on this one...

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »
Ugh! Too hard to choose.

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 06:49:59 PM »
Go Kalma!!!

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 06:55:26 PM »
we voted for kalma.....after all, her location almost killed her photographer XD

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 06:57:05 PM »
we voted for kalma.....after all, her location almost killed her photographer XD

Whoah, I missed this story!!!!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 07:03:32 PM »
Aaaaaah, I pick both.. ;_;
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 07:12:05 PM »
They are both amazing! I picked Cupid, though. I liked her shoes better :)

Babushka

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 08:08:43 PM »
I have been following this quietly, but I think now is the time to voice my opinion  . . .

I have loved both of these ghouls the entire competition, but my vote goes to Kalma.

Cupid was fantastic in her last photo, but Kalma has always made me want the dress, the location, the props . . . the whole enchilada. Her spread is breathtaking!

Go Kalma! :hug:

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 08:15:05 PM »
Oh man, how is a girl to choose?!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 08:18:45 PM »
*hugs* Kalma wants to know if she can still borrow Cupid's dress no matter what the outcome :) 

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
her location almost killed her photographer XD

Yes, OMG, thank goodness NoD came back!

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 09:40:05 PM »
Omgs Kalma on page 134...I was feeling a little terrified of running into her in the catacombs, oh man. I can't even TAKE that shot!

ETA: IA with the judges saying putting your hand on the rock, Kalma...but I don't even know if I could handle you coming out at me either. omgs

Kalma:  :shy:

Me:  :ack:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:48:09 PM by Heliodor »

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 12:53:41 AM »
Yup, definitely Kalma for me, again. Her shoot was just absolutely stunning, I love the location!

Cupid did amazing too, especially that last picture! It's gorgeous and so real.

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 04:00:32 AM »
I honestly don't think I can choose!  *cries*

What's a shy, timid Lama?

Disregard the Prologue

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal