collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion  (Read 38969 times)

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion
« Reply #1395 on: December 12, 2012, 10:45:24 AM »
Disclaimer: This is NOT my picture but I am totally in love with it! Look how gorgeous this Cleo is! And I never like Cleo but this one is so pretty!! How hard would it be to detinsel her like this?Time to start stalking Picture Day Cleo for a good price...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Well, this was unplanned for by MurderWithMirrors, on Flickr

I detinseled both my Cleo 2.0 and Nefera. Neither were particularly bad (Nefera took a long time though!). Not nearly as bad as I imagine Abbey would be! The gold tinsel tears out rather easily, and Cleo never actually has a tonne of it to begin with.

Abbey was a PAIN to detinsel T_T  but i imagine Cleo wouldn't be too bad, as her tinsel is more sporadic than Abbey
Cleo does look fabulous with no tinsel....

SajiNoKami

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1396 on: December 12, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »
Cleo looks so lovely without tinsel.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 12, 2012, 12:39:04 PM »
I went to TRU today in search of Jinafire and Skelita.  Sadly, they only had one Scaris doll (Clawdeen).  It's so frustrating looking for new dolls!  I will have to be patient...

I looked above the MH aisle to see if they had any unopened Scaris boxes out and noticed that they had 17 unopened Skull Shore boxes sitting up there.  And there were lots of SS dolls on the shelves already.  :|
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 02:33:08 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: December 12, 2012, 12:56:43 PM »
Does anyone think TRU would price match Costcos price on the DDG dolls? I know its supposed to be an ad match only and its not in an ad, but I have had stores match things that aren't in ads before. I was just thinking maybe if I go to the store I always go to maybe someone will do it? What do you think.. worth a try? Or not so much?
Does Costco have the doll price listed on their website? I'd print that out and show it to TRU, don't see how that's not an "ad".

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #1399 on: December 12, 2012, 01:01:03 PM »
Not sure if they do. I don't even know if they have any MH listed on their website :(
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: December 12, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »
Tinsel or no, that Cleo is amazing. Can't wait to get my hands on her when she gets here.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 12, 2012, 02:03:54 PM »
 :biggrin: i managed to pick up a deuce and a scaris rochelle yesterday.... and they are now being held hostage till christmas. its ok tho they were bought with the money my dad sent early.... now to find the other scaris dolls! im so happy i finally got a deuce waiting for me.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 12, 2012, 02:36:57 PM »
So does anyone think the budget Scaris dolls (including Deuce) will show up at Target and Walmart soon, or should I have someone pick up a Deuce for me from whichever stores have them now before they inevitably pull him from the case? I really want Scaris Deuce but I don't want to order him online (like from Amazon) because I'm too picky about eye wonk. And since I don't have a TRU or Justice nearby I can't pick him up right now myself. I'd rather not have someone pick him up for me since I'd have to pay shipping, but if the alternative is missing him completely, I may as well bite the bullet on this one.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 12, 2012, 04:20:07 PM »
So does anyone think the budget Scaris dolls (including Deuce) will show up at Target and Walmart soon, or should I have someone pick up a Deuce for me from whichever stores have them now before they inevitably pull him from the case? I really want Scaris Deuce but I don't want to order him online (like from Amazon) because I'm too picky about eye wonk. And since I don't have a TRU or Justice nearby I can't pick him up right now myself. I'd rather not have someone pick him up for me since I'd have to pay shipping, but if the alternative is missing him completely, I may as well bite the bullet on this one.

I think we have a small window for Scaris Deuce, but not THAT small:)  I think you've got time!  I'd say, if you keep seeing Basic Scaris on the shelves w/o Deuce, I'd start to worry, and make a plea.  But I wouldn't start to panic now.

Disclaimer: This is NOT my picture but I am totally in love with it! Look how gorgeous this Cleo is! And I never like Cleo but this one is so pretty!! How hard would it be to detinsel her like this?Time to start stalking Picture Day Cleo for a good price...

CRAP!  Anyone who owns her want to confirm that she has the old hand mold?  If so, would anyone be interested in a trade?  Old mold hands for new mold hands?  I can't go back to her old mold!  I CAN'T!  (I don't have the doll yet, but I will.  I'd like to start looking for a trade partner now though!)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: December 12, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »
I really want Scaris Deuce but I don't want to order him online (like from Amazon) because I'm too picky about eye wonk.

If you did order him online and some little thing was wrong with him you could always contact Mattel's customer service and get a free doll then sell that one and keep the original as you have done several times before.

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 12, 2012, 04:40:39 PM »

I think we have a small window for Scaris Deuce, but not THAT small:)  I think you've got time!  I'd say, if you keep seeing Basic Scaris on the shelves w/o Deuce, I'd start to worry, and make a plea.  But I wouldn't start to panic now.

CRAP!  Anyone who owns her want to confirm that she has the old hand mold?  If so, would anyone be interested in a trade?  Old mold hands for new mold hands?  I can't go back to her old mold!  I CAN'T!  (I don't have the doll yet, but I will.  I'd like to start looking for a trade partner now though!)
She has the new hand mold. 

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #1406 on: December 12, 2012, 04:53:18 PM »
My Walmart restocked Picture Day dolls and I finally got to see and get Spectra!  She is pretty!  That left one Draculaura.  They also finally got Scaris it seems and apparently Jinafire is not very popular (here)?  There were two of her and one Clawdeen left. 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 12, 2012, 05:20:05 PM »
Well, my Walmart finally got the Picture Day dolls. They had just one Spectra (with a really bad faceup) and tons of Abbey & Draculaura. Not one Cleo. Is she the short-packed doll of the case, or is she just super popular? The Target down the street only had PD Draculaura. So I'm guessing she's the least popular of the PD assortment.

I didn't walk away empty-handed, though. I found some cute MH lip balm that comes in a little tin at Walmart. I also grabbed the Lagoona kind (a few were sold as singles) since that's the only one that wasn't in the tin.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 12, 2012, 05:29:57 PM »
My boyfriend is too cute. xD

Since I am leaving out of town in a few days for a month to visit family, my boyfriend and I decided to do our Christmas gift exchanges early (last night). He surprised me with Jinafire Long. <3 He told me that while looking at all the Jinafires, he actually tried to pick the best/prettiest one out of them all. Even added how he went all "quality control" while looking: "...Nah, this one's eyes are too off", "Something looks off about her face", "Her hair looks really messed up" and things of the sort. Dang, he's more doll-picky than I am. xD
I guess my boyfriend really does pay attention to me whenever I look for/at dolls in the stores. ^^;

My Walmart restocked Picture Day dolls and I finally got to see and get Spectra!  She is pretty!  That left one Draculaura.  They also finally got Scaris it seems and apparently Jinafire is not very popular (here)?  There were two of her and one Clawdeen left. 
That's pretty interesting to hear Jinafire's not popular in your area. Maybe the people that want her aren't aware she's there yet?  Either way, it's lucky for the people that get to Walmart and see her there! :D
I was at my TRU earlier, and there were A LOT of the Ghouls Alive dolls. Considering how late in the day it was, I was surprised that many were still on the shelves. I'm guessing either they just restocked that morning, or not a lot of kids in my area want the GA ghouls and prefer Scaris (there were about four Clawdeens and two Frankies there).

Well, my Walmart finally got the Picture Day dolls. They had just one Spectra (with a really bad faceup) and tons of Abbey & Draculaura. Not one Cleo. Is she the short-packed doll of the case, or is she just super popular? The Target down the street only had PD Draculaura. So I'm guessing she's the least popular of the PD assortment.
I think Cleo is the short-packed doll, and/or at least the Picture Day doll people want the most. I wanna say that there are more Abbeys and Draculauras per case, going by how many more of those two I've seen in the stores compared to PD Spectra and Cleo.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 12, 2012, 06:05:46 PM »
Lovely Cleo! She looks so good!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal