collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: We've got chicks!! Warning: adorable!  (Read 1531 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: We've got chicks!! Warning: adorable!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 08:28:45 PM »
Wittle fuzzy peepers!!!! :lovey:

They're so cute. I love chickens too, and I've wanted to keep Silkies for as long as I can remember. We've never lived in a chicken friendly place though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

girlyponce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 09:23:47 PM »
So cute and fuzzy!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 05:26:44 AM »
d'awwwwww, I just died seeing these tiny, fluffy cuties! if baby chickens weren't cute enough, those little dark ones just won the prize! now I want dark chickens :3
I love chickens too, and I always wanted to have some one day, but my problem's the same as that of BlackCurtains... I never lived at a chicken-friendly place before. well, I still had one at one point, brought home by my sister, who got the chick from a classmate who "really" wanted one around Easter, but realised she couldn't be bothered taking care of it :mad: and my sister never was an animal person - keepingwise. she loves them, but she knows she can't look after them - so he quickly landed at me. in a flat, 9th floor -.-; I still loved him, and had him running around all day. he followed me wherever I went, crying when he lost sight of me, sleeping in my lap when I studied. he was the ultimate cuteness overload :3 however when he grew into a teen we took him to my grandmother who had chicken (because I'm not even sure you are allowed to keep chicken in a flat, and as he was a little boy, we couldn't even have kept his being there a secret once he became an adult), and he turned into a huge white rooster. he became the alpha male, and he quickly forgot me, behaving like a threat everytime you crossed the fowl-house, but well, that's how they go. as long as I know he had a good life there I'm happy ^.^
now I live in almost the city centre, 3rd floor, so I don't think this place is suitable for chicken either. but someday I'd love to have some. my boyfriend isn't really an animal person, but I secretly hope that he would be OK with chicken, because they would be a little useful too - concerning eggs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 11:50:21 PM »
WANT CHICKENS SO BAD!!!!  :lol:

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 12:43:25 AM »
how could you not find those CUTE !!! my first pet was a chicken so I'm a BIG fan.. thanks for sharing
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 01:44:25 AM »
So cute!  We have a hen sitting on eggs at the moment.  She is due any day now so hopefully I'll be able to experience chicks first hand.  At the moment I'm happy to smile at your pics though, timpertie

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 01:47:09 AM »
i would love some chuks from babies so fluffy!and would have to handle them so i could pet them when they were big ! but in rented house at the mo  xaflamex

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 03:26:24 AM »
All baby animals are adorable, but baby chickens are just so cute and fluffy! I was lucky enough to have a living egg program at a kinder I worked at, I think I was more excited about baby chickens than the children lol. Those are some really pretty chics, they do look scruffy when they lose the pin feathers, but they grow so quickly and will be gorgeous chooks in no time :D congrats on your new babies <3

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 05:59:58 AM »
Awww FLUFFY!! congrats :):)with so many cats around I had to give up the hope of ever having birds again so thank you for sharing :) not I can at least melt at your cuties ^^
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 06:35:29 AM »
Cuuuute!!!!!!! *flails*

The farm near my house has chickens, I love watching them run around free in the front yard when I drive by. I didn't know chickens were so smart! They stay in one area without being trained and don't even go in the road with the dangerous cars whizzing by at 60 mph...

That same farm had peacocks one year, and I would admire them just as much as the chickens when I drove by, but one day I noticed all the peacocks were gone so I stopped and asked and she said they all just flew off. o.0

So apparently peacocks aren't as smart as chickens. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 08:04:26 AM »
So cute! I remember my neighbours chicks running around our yard when I was young, so sweet!

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 08:07:08 AM »
D'aaawww! They are so cute and fluffy! This brings back memories of when my grandad raised chickens when I was little.  :frolic: Your hens look equally as fluffy!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 08:47:46 AM »
At first I was thinking it is too late in the season for chicks!!  But then I saw where you live... lol

The chicks are so cute- I LOVE chicks!  You are so lucky!!!!  Did you buy eggs or did you have a rooster?

We have a backyard-city flock ourselves- and I really really really wish we could have let our broody hen hatch some eggs... (we would have had to buy them since roosters are illegal in the city) but we chickened out and got pullets-  they are cute but not as cute as chicks- visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal