collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: We want Minty!!!  (Read 7280 times)

Offline Pleyone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: We want Minty!!!
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2012, 12:42:38 PM »
Come on! Only 20 to go!  :)

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2012, 07:38:39 PM »
seriously want minty!!!
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »
So many people have liked it after I advertised it on popular pages

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2012, 08:35:47 AM »
I'm bumping the Minty thread with something interesting.

I went to go see The Hobbit last night.  Fantastic film, by the way (if a bit slow-moving in parts).  The main characters are mostly dwarves and a hobbit (who are smaller than human-sized).  They ride ponies rather than horses. 

In one scene, a character is rescuing some ponies that were caught by trolls.  He's listing off the names, and I swear one was named "Minty". My husband and I just looked at each other at that point.  "Did he just say MINTY?"

So if you go see the movie, listen for yourself!  Maybe I've just got Minty on the brain, but I swear her name was mentioned in the film!  (Maybe one of the writers was an MLP fan, or it was just coincidence.) :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:38:06 AM by Evening_Moonstone »

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2012, 08:46:39 AM »
I will be going to see the Hobbit tonight, I will keep an ear out for Minty!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CottonTALE

« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2012, 09:01:54 AM »
I really want a Minty, there are so many purple and pink ponies but only one green one released (that would be Lyra) it would help to balance the use of colour with the playful ponies.

I emailed Hasbro, and they said the same thing "We have no plans to release minty" I even told them that there are so many people who want her, that the prototype sells for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Imagine how much revenue there would be from releasing it.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2012, 10:29:59 AM »
Keep at it, everyone!  :D  Has anyone else sent in a snail mail letter yet? 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »
I will be going to see the Hobbit tonight, I will keep an ear out for Minty!
I'm supposed to go see it tonight as well. I'll totally be listening for it too!  :lol:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2012, 12:00:13 PM »
Okay- 

if you are truly motivated to get Minty- I honestly think a more successful strategy would be to pester the Marts (Walmart, Target, K-Mart, TRU) to ORDER and/or request Minty.   Send emails, letters, ect. to corporate- preferably the buyer for girls toys if you can figure out who that person is... (difficult but not impossible- I often use Linked-in to find people I can't find on google)

Let me explain-  Hasbro doesn't get to decide what is in the stores-  Hasbro comes up with the ideas for toys-  has ponies made into marketing samples (prototypes really) -  and then they meet with buyers from the Marts- who order what they think will sell.   (Even Toyfair isn't just wandering around anymore- almost all orders are done through private appointment).

The fact that a slew of Minty ponies appeared on Taobao at some point almost certainly means that Hasbro they had a marketing sample run made- which means they probably pitched this pony (along with many others) to the Marts- and the pony was not picked up.   

Anyway-  don't mean to come off as know-it-ally- but honestly would love to have Minty myself and was trying to attack the problem with an eye to how things really work.... 

To get you started-  here is a link to a senior buyer for toys- located in Walmart.  Of course, it occurs to me that pleas for ponies might be more effective if directed towards the buyer in your region/state-
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=40656111&authType=OUT_OF_NETWORK&authToken=MTvH&locale=en_US&srchid=7ff90744-5cc5-4ee8-b12f-3d3abdb25dd0-0&srchindex=3&srchtotal=244&goback=%2Efps_PBCK_buyer+walmart+toys_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*2_*1_Y_*1_*1_*1_false_1_R_*1_*51_*1_*51_true_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2&pvs=ps&trk=pp_profile_name_link

Ahh--- here is the e-commerce buyer for Walmart  http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=17020860&pid=40656111&authType=name&authToken=bI98&goback=%2Efps_PBCK_buyer+walmart+toys_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*2_*1_Y_*1_*1_*1_false_1_R_*1_*51_*1_*51_true_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2&trk=pbmap

Here is a senior buyer for toys in the Arkansas region-
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=20498218&pid=40656111&authType=name&authToken=nFjI&goback=%2Efps_PBCK_buyer+walmart+toys_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*2_*1_Y_*1_*1_*1_false_1_R_*1_*51_*1_*51_true_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2&trk=pbmap

Check out this lady's profile- sounds like TRU has a lot of power over what toys are made and how....

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=3030816&authType=OUT_OF_NETWORK&authToken=sLFH&locale=en_US&srchid=b9da0849-cf30-462f-9234-2f071579adb2-0&srchindex=3&srchtotal=5777&goback=%2Efps_PBCK_buyer+toys_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*2_*1_Y_*1_*1_*1_false_1_R_*1_*51_*1_*51_true_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2&pvs=ps&trk=pp_profile_name_link

I am not suggesting necessarily that you send them an email through their linked-in account-  (although it is a possibility they would probably delete) -  but you could probably get a snail mail or email to them by searching what corporate office they are associated with- and tracking them down that way :D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:09:52 PM by Galactica »

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2012, 02:41:43 PM »
[a very informative post]

Great finds, Galactica! :) I've heard of EECBs (or Executive Email Carpet Bombs, in which a consumer contacts a higher-up in a company with a complaint instead of stumbling around customer support robots) being quite effective. If we're lucky, mailing the 'mart' buyers will yield similar results. I'm not on LinkedIn myself, but I sure hope someone can track those mailing addresses down.

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2012, 06:16:24 PM »
oh wow!! great work :) definitely a great idea, i am in oz, so if anyone in the us wants to contact this way, go ahead!!! :biggrin:

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2012, 06:36:57 PM »
Okay- 

if you are truly motivated to get Minty- I honestly think a more successful strategy would be to pester the Marts (Walmart, Target, K-Mart, TRU) to ORDER and/or request Minty.   Send emails, letters, ect. to corporate- preferably the buyer for girls toys if you can figure out who that person is... (difficult but not impossible- I often use Linked-in to find people I can't find on google)

Let me explain-  Hasbro doesn't get to decide what is in the stores-  Hasbro comes up with the ideas for toys-  has ponies made into marketing samples (prototypes really) -  and then they meet with buyers from the Marts- who order what they think will sell.   (Even Toyfair isn't just wandering around anymore- almost all orders are done through private appointment).

The fact that a slew of Minty ponies appeared on Taobao at some point almost certainly means that Hasbro they had a marketing sample run made- which means they probably pitched this pony (along with many others) to the Marts- and the pony was not picked up.   

Anyway-  don't mean to come off as know-it-ally- but honestly would love to have Minty myself and was trying to attack the problem with an eye to how things really work....
Actually, from what I've heard from others in the toy industry, this is pretty much spot on, though I don't know if the toy manufacturers propose specific characters to the retailers (that may be a bit of a stretch).  Most retailers are looking for something fresh and exciting instead of 'oh, we're going to have Minty and Ploomette in the next assortment' which is what the collectors want to hear.  The blind bags are the 'fresh and new' and they seem to be selling well, hence why they keep shoving them at us as fast as we can buy them. ;)

Now that you've proposed pursuing the retail angle, I think we should have a course of action, and I recommend the following: pick one retailer to concentrate on and give them a reason to want this as an exclusive.  My suggestion would be to target Toys R Us as they seem to have a better idea of what collectors want (and because toys are pretty much their only business- they need to have something different from Walmart and Target if they want to survive).  Next up we need to have some sort of specific idea of what we want.  Yes, we obviously all want Minty.  But Toys R Us isn't going to be overly impressed with one exclusive brushable character.  They need something to make it worthwhile to them, and I think a set (similar to the Nightmare Moon Fan Favorites set) is in order.  So the question is which would be more popular- a set of six G3 inspired ponies or a set of Christmas themed ponies?  I'm leaning towards the latter (though I really don't want to wait a full year to get Minty!) but I know how popular Waterfire is and perhaps having two beloved previous generation characters could help the set's sales.

When dealing with retail stores it's best to have a firm idea of what you want to accomplish- rather than a number of individual emails or letters I suspect it would be better to have one well-organized attempt with solid backing.  We've got to sell this and make them want it as bad as we do.
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline Winter Bones

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2012, 07:49:20 PM »
True, having a specific idea for a release in mind beyond "just Minty" would make it much easier for us to convince the retailers to release her. How about we brainstorm some ideas of what to ask for on facebook, then set up a poll so everyone can vote for their favourite? Once the group gets a good idea of what kind of set we want and which ponies we want with it specifically, we can include that in the petition then contact the retailers about it. Just my two cents. :)

Offline Eily311

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2012, 07:56:12 PM »
Liked it

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2012, 08:26:05 PM »
Just got back from the Hobbit and I really do think that they said Minty!  Either that or Mindy, but both my mom and friend said they thought it was Minty.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal