collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Edit 25/11 SOLVED! ;o) Need some opinions, received a Moc and not satisfied  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Hi my Pony friends,

I need some opinions concerning my situation. First of all, please excuse my poor english and I hope I will be clear and give you no misunderstanding  ^.^

I have won an Ebay auction for a lovely MOC Argie Baby on Ebay. I was very happy and all the more happy when my mother told me that she would like to offer it to me for Xmas  ^.^ ^.^ ^.^
Here is what the auction said:
She's still on her card with all accessories:blue bear brush, white feeding bottle and orange ribbon. Any issues with the pony are factory in origin.

The card does have signs of wear and tear and the card is splitting in parts and has surface dirt. Bubble is still pretty clear and attached to the card.

In the auction was also written for France shipping costs £5 Royal Air Mail small packet.

When I came to my letter box today, I have seen a "Bubble" letter  :huh: and the Moc was inside  :huh:
I opened it and I discovered that the bubble was cracked at the baby's head and completely cracked / missing at the baby feet  :cry:
I saw on the letter , the shipping costs £2,93.

My problem is not specially that  I have paid too much for shipping I can understand the person has to go to the post office , take time etc.. but I am a bit sad as it was written ship with small packet method ( ok maybe in this country small packet is also used for letter.).
But to me it was quite normal to send Moc in little box. As I always send Mocs in Box to protect them.
I also think to my mother , she comes tomorrow and when I will show her the Moc she will be a bit surprised, I know she will feel "strange" to offer something broken to her girl for Xmas.

I have send a little message to the seller just to explain how I received the Moc and that I was a bit surprised to not find a little box. I do not know what to do and how things will turn up as I wanted for so long this moc pony and was really happy to have it as a gift from my mother.
So it is maybe strange to say that but I am a little already attached to it  :cry: hope you understand what I mean with my funny english I needed to vent a bit .

Thanks for having read me. Lot of Hugs Bibinette   
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:42:32 AM by Bibinettepony »
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Need some opinions, received a Moc and not satisfied
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 06:49:27 PM »
This seems to be a horrible trend lately. Why would anyone send a vintage collectible in a bubble envelope?

Anyway, you have two options. The seller may be willing to give you a partial refund, but keep in mind that sellers are not obligated to do so.

Or you can return it at your own expense for a refund. hopefully, the seller realizes their mistake.

Good luck :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 08:16:55 PM »
Agreed with the advice above.... if I were in your shoes, I'd send a carefully worded letter perhaps thanking them for the prompt shipping, but stating that both the bubble and pony arrived cracked/broken due to being sent in an envelope rather then a box. Describe the damage, Be prepared to provide pictures.  See what options they come back with... note- do NOT mention feedback at all, in any way! (edit, sorry re-read your post and now see you've already made contact...)

I hope the seller goes one step beyond, not only offers to refund the item cost, but covers shipping. Hopefully they offer this to you.... they "should" morally as it is their error- it's not the post office or your fault the item wasn't wrapped properly.  Btw, sellers have to accept returns, but don't have to cover shipping costs- even in cases like this. :(

Oh, lastly- You are not being fussy, or too picky. a vintage mint in package item should ALWAYS be sent padded inside a box! I can't believe I keep reading about MOC's being destroyed because they were sent in envelopes. :*( If I put a MOC in an bubble envelope and sent it over one city it would arrive ruined, why people choose this method for shipping internationally is beyond me.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:26:11 PM by FantasticFirefly »

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 10:54:59 AM »
If the seller doesn't apologize and refund you, please share with us their ID so others don't have this same thing happen to them!  :(  So sorry to hear of your frustration!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 02:09:26 PM »
If the seller will not give you a refund, you can reported to ebay, that the item isn't in the condition as written in the auction. Have had this with a MIB Flutter pony a few years ago... Good luck!!!

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 02:57:52 PM »
I'm sorry for you Bibinette!!

The same happened to me with my Moc Baby Susie years ago. I was totally shocked to receive a Moc in a bubble envelope. :(The seller was very helpful at this point and understood that it was a fault to sent her that way and we worked something out. But I was totally sad, because she was my Set Completer - and I prefer my Mocs without cracks...

I hope the seller respons soon and you both will work something out.

Good luck and keep us updated!!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 05:46:02 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this Bibinette  :cry:  It seems that a number of sellers are doing this lately. How can they imagine that the MOC item will arrive safely ,when there is nothing to protect it?! :crazy:  MOC items should always be set in a box *sigh*
In the UK, Small packet is the shipping method for overseas parcels that are not classed as letters , so that also includes bubble envelopes if they are wider than a standard letterbox. 
You did the right thing contacting the seller about what happened :bigups:  I hope that they are willing to work something out with you - perhaps a partial refund since you are already attached to the pony. What happens next depends on how they respond to your message. Please let us know how it goes  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Bibinettepony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 05:01:24 AM »
 :hug: :hug: So many thanks my dear Pony friends for having take time to read and give me your nice opinion. You are wonderful  :hug: :hug:

Well I got an answer from the seller she explained me the amount of the shipping cost but did not explained why she has sent it in a letter  :blush: and explained she was sorry that the post has damaged the parcel  >_<.
then she informed me she was away until next wednesday and she was waiting my answer. Then she will see what to do.

I answered her telling that I really appreaciated she answered me. That I understood for the shipping costs but what I makes me a bit sad is that the moc was sent in an envelop. I also explained her that of course she is not responsible for the work of the post BUT she was responsible on how the moc was sent. And for me , sending a Moc in an envelop is really not the best shipping method  :huh:
I have asked for a partial refund as I want to keep her (as I explained above) and that I have won a moc and finally I did not received a moc as the baby pony may go out, the cracks are so big  :huh: .
Will see what she will answer when she will be back home.

I hope you all understand what I am writing  ^.^ Thanks again for your nice help. I will keep you informed on how it goes.

Lots of Hugs  :hug: Bibinette
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:05:04 AM by Bibinettepony »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 06:48:23 AM »
I think that's the best solution and I hope the seller agrees to it. And hopefully this is a lesson learned for them *sigh*

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 11:11:03 AM »
Hopefully they provide a good solution for you.

You're correct, it was NOT the post offices fault the package got damaged. Also note, if you insure a package at the post office and it arrives damaged the post office WILL want photographs of the item and packaging. They will not cover anything they feel wasn't packaged properly. In this case, the PO wouldn't have covered the parcel anyway, even if you did pay for insurance. :(

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 03:30:54 PM »
I hope the seller agrees and will reply to you soon. :)
And you're right - you bought a Moc - not a loose pony.

Keep us updated!

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 02:19:40 PM »
*fingercrossed* that the seller will send you a partial refund!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 06:32:28 PM »
Its a good sign that they responded to your last message, so hopefully the seller will  agree to the partial refund :) 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Bibinettepony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 01:22:52 AM »
 :huh: still no answer from the seller. I 'll wait until tonight and I will send her an other message, perhaps she did not received my lats one  :cry:

Offline Bibinettepony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Edit 25/11 SOLVED! ;o) Need some opinions, received a Moc and not satisfied
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 01:47:15 AM »
Good news My dear Pony Friends!!

The seller answered me with a very nice message, explaining that her first message was a bit rude, she apologized and she also recognized that sending in an envelop wasn't a good solution.
She offered me the partial refund.  ^.^ ^.^

I am very happy and it is all thanks to you, you all sent me positive and good advices and vibrations.
 :grouphug: :hearts:

I am happy also because I know in the future the person will not send Mocs in envelop , so no more Mocs will be damaged and that is really very good news  ^.^ ^.^

LOTS OF HUGS  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bibinette

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal