collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: pachinko  (Read 610 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
pachinko
« on: November 13, 2012, 12:01:21 PM »
here is my pachinko table does anyone else here own or even played one?  The one I have is a mid 1960's sanyo model.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: pachinko
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 03:41:35 PM »
Awesome!  My step-father-in-law collects them but I don't think we have any pictures, just stacks of pachinko machines in the garage.  :D 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 04:41:13 PM »
What is it? I've never seen one before.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 05:10:35 PM »
Interesting!  I had a friend with a pachinko machine and we played quite a bit.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 05:23:08 PM »
Very cool! I think I've played or seen one before but can't think where...

momo_no_hime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 11:13:22 AM »
That's in amazing condition! :D Did you restore it, or were you lucky to find one is such great condition?

My brother has one that he got at an auction, but it's in pretty rough shape. They're pretty fun!

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 03:32:40 PM »
I've heard of it...but what exactly is it? O.o

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 03:55:17 PM »
Those are cool!  I saw a couple of them on Storage Wars for the first time not to long ago.

Do they play like a pinball machine? 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Sternenstaub

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »
Looks interesting!
But to be honest - I've never seen it before. ;)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 03:57:14 PM »
I restored it and we have 3 more on the porch that we are working on. As for what it is it is kinda the equivalent of the slot machines here in the states.  I love them we have two more sanyos and one that is a sankyo model.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 04:07:53 PM »
Oh very cool! I know what they are but never played one...LOL makes me think of Power Rangers XD

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 10:56:04 PM »
Pachinko is sort of a mix between pinball and slots. Depending on the venue, it's either an arcade game, or a form of gambling. Pachinko boards are vertical, and you put in like, a 25 yen coin (about 30 cents), which will give you a ball (or several balls), you pull on a spring loaded handle, release it, and the ball shoots up, follows a curve, and is sent onto the pachinko board. As it falls down the board, it can hit various pins that will give you more balls, trigger slot machines on the board, which can result in more balls being dropped, or a whole bunch of other stuff. Your ball can land on different parts of the board given you more balls, which will give you more tokens or tickets you can redeem for cash, or it will be a total dud and you'll have to start over. The idea is to catch as many balls as possible. More balls = more tokens = more money or bigger prizes.

Gambling is illegal in Japan, so rather than winning money from the pachinko machines, you win tokens that can be redeemed for money somewhere else. That somewhere else is always owned by the same place that owns the pachinko machines, but is usually directly adjacent (often in the same building) to the venue that houses the parlour.

There's also the straight up arcade version of pachinko. Get tokens or tickets, exchange them for prizes. Though for the most part, pachinko is used for gambling. There are huge pachinko parlours in Japan that have hundreds of machines under one roof. It's definitely a cultural thing, only being a niche in North America. I think it's pretty cool, but it's hard to find in the states.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:59:29 PM by DoctorMowinckel »

I have a blag about ponies.

momo_no_hime

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 08:49:32 AM »
Pachinko is sort of a mix between pinball and slots. Depending on the venue, it's either an arcade game, or a form of gambling. Pachinko boards are vertical, and you put in like, a 25 yen coin (about 30 cents), which will give you a ball (or several balls), you pull on a spring loaded handle, release it, and the ball shoots up, follows a curve, and is sent onto the pachinko board. As it falls down the board, it can hit various pins that will give you more balls, trigger slot machines on the board, which can result in more balls being dropped, or a whole bunch of other stuff. Your ball can land on different parts of the board given you more balls, which will give you more tokens or tickets you can redeem for cash, or it will be a total dud and you'll have to start over. The idea is to catch as many balls as possible. More balls = more tokens = more money or bigger prizes.

Gambling is illegal in Japan, so rather than winning money from the pachinko machines, you win tokens that can be redeemed for money somewhere else. That somewhere else is always owned by the same place that owns the pachinko machines, but is usually directly adjacent (often in the same building) to the venue that houses the parlour.

There's also the straight up arcade version of pachinko. Get tokens or tickets, exchange them for prizes. Though for the most part, pachinko is used for gambling. There are huge pachinko parlours in Japan that have hundreds of machines under one roof. It's definitely a cultural thing, only being a niche in North America. I think it's pretty cool, but it's hard to find in the states.

That was a great explanation! :D I actually didn't know that gambling was illegal in Japan.

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 10:05:20 AM »
My dad has one. I think he bought it used in the 70's.  It is supposed to light up but my dad said when he bought it the lights parts didn't work (might have had sounds too but I don't know).  I used to play with it when I was little.  I'd love to get it working properly again (I don't care about the lights but the little moving parts that are the targets aren't moving properly).  The moving parts don't work right now.  They opened and closed when a ball landed in the "goal" parts.

My dad's looks similar to the one pictured above but has different colors and patterns/theme.

The little metal ball bearings are really cool.  I think it's more fun than a pinball machine.

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 10:59:53 AM »
Isnt there a game like this on the price is right?

Thats a cool looking table^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal