collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So my mom is at Toys R Us in Taiwan...  (Read 1085 times)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
So my mom is at Toys R Us in Taiwan...
« on: November 12, 2012, 08:37:38 PM »
My mom is in Taiwan this week.  She just called me from Toys R Us there, to ask me if I wanted anything.  I'm a little bit in shock, because she is usually of the attitude that I should have outgrown ponies when I was 7, lol.  This is the first time she's suggested anything pony related since I was a kid.

Anyway, she's excited about finding ponies there, and wants to bring me back one with mandrin writing on the box as a souvenier.  The only problem is that I can't navigate the TRU Taiwan site at all, even with translation through chrome.  Does anyone have any idea what ponies are out in Taiwan, or how to find out?

The TRU is right near her hotel.  I wish she could send me a cell phone pic of what they have, but she's not great with technology =)

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
Re: So my mom is at Toys R Us in Taiwan...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 08:49:52 PM »
Well, is there a way she can tell you which ponies/items she's seeing? If they don't have the names in English, maybe she could at least tell you the colors/symbols and you can figure out who she's describing?
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
I don't know for sure but I think it's gonna be kinda like the US. The stuff on the website may or may not actually be the same as the stuff in the stores... That said if you want to search the site start on this page and then copy and paste the below characters (pony) into the top longer search bar

小馬

http://www.toysrus.com.tw/search.php

It doesn't show much so I think it's probably easier if maybe you send her some pictures? If they have Lily Blossom you should have your mom get her since her value seems pretty high :) I don't know what kind of cell phones you guys have but if there was anyway you could Skype and she could just show you the stuff on the shelves that would be awesome!
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »
There won't be any Mandarin written on the boxes, no matter what pony she should find. :(

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 12:18:14 AM »
I believe TRU Taiwan is also run by Toys Li Fung, which also runs the other TRU franchises in South East and Far East Asia. If that's the case you might want to have her on the lookout for the Crystal Motion ponies (released in Malaysia) and or the newer blind bags (released in Singapore). Don't get your hopes too high since it probably on a per-country basis (i.e. Malaysia has never gotten any of the blind bag kits Singapore is getting), but still worth to keep her eyes peeled for.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:20:14 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

girlyponce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 07:37:38 AM »
Looks like they have Twilight in her balloon! So cute :) Also, big and not fun to pack.  >_<

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 11:18:48 AM »
What a great souvenir!  :D  Hope your mom finds you something fun.  Send her clear pictures of your wishlist if you have one.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 02:55:32 PM »
Oh thats so sweet of her! I hope she manages to track something down for you!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 06:31:09 PM »
Thanks for the translation help.  You guys were trying the same things I did.  I was just worried that I was missing something.  In the end, I could only find 6 products on their site, not unlike TRU Canada, which has way more in store than on the site.

There won't be any Mandarin written on the boxes, no matter what pony she should find. :(

Maybe I've got the wrong language, but she said that there's some sort of Asian writting on the packages.  Lily blossom would be amazing, of course.  I think she's the only single I'm still missing.  It sounds like they've got the last wave, just before the new singles (she described glimmer wings Fluttershy, Daisy dreams, and bridesmaid babies).  I think I might just ask her for any single she finds.  I don't want to make her carry anything back that's too big, and I don't want to run up a huge phone bill for an international cell call.

Lol, skype would be great, but that's way over her head right now.  I *just* taught her how to use google before she left.  She still called a phone number to hear the weather forcast, until I showed her how to do it online last month (now she can find the weather for where she's going, no matter what country it is).  She's capable, she just doesn't care to learn sometimes.  She only got a smart phone to check hockey scores, and THAT she can do really well =)

Thanks all

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 12:20:19 PM »
That will be interesting to see what language is on the packaging as I think so far the only international releases have just been standard multinational packs - i.e. featuring multiple languages for any countries where it is legally required for the most common spoken language to be listed on packaging. Cant wait for pics! 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal