collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Tails  (Read 402 times)

Glitchie

• Trade Count: (0)
Pony Tails
« on: November 12, 2012, 12:42:12 PM »
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone out there makes new pony tails. I have a long arduous journey to prepping my ponies for sale if I have to do all of it. Deflocking has been really slow going. I've only been able to get SOME of the flocking off of Paradise's face so far in step one of the deflocking process with the hot Oxy soak. It's been too cold here lately to progress further than that as I'd have to be in the garage with the door open or outside all together. I was hoping to sell the deflocked ponies first, but I think they will have to wait.

But as I've looked through my box of ponies, tails are in pretty bad condition with some areas being shorter than others. I have made a couple tails, just not applied them yet, but its pretty tough for me to get the metal rings off the tails once the tail is out the washer is off. So, that brings me here to see if anyone makes tails. Perhaps if there is someone out there, we can work out a deal where we can both profit from the sale of my ponies.

Glitchie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Tails
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »
If you are doing this to sell on I think you have to take some things into consideration - people are more likely to prefer a pony with her original hair than with a brand new tail. Experienced restorers and collectors, can fix minor things like tail rust and unbalanced tails and tangled frizzy hair. I wouldn't discard washers and tails unless they were absolutely unrecoverable to be honest.

People don't tend to make replacement tails, as new tails are simply made of either a replacement tail from another pony or new hair from sites like dollyhair or retrodolls. You will have to spend money in order to purchase replacement hair and you could end up requiring multiple colours. You should balance out whether paying for a replacement tail is worth while or whether selling the pony in her current condition will make you the same money. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 05:33:52 PM »
If you are doing this to sell on I think you have to take some things into consideration - people are more likely to prefer a pony with her original hair than with a brand new tail. Experienced restorers and collectors, can fix minor things like tail rust and unbalanced tails and tangled frizzy hair. I wouldn't discard washers and tails unless they were absolutely unrecoverable to be honest.

People don't tend to make replacement tails, as new tails are simply made of either a replacement tail from another pony or new hair from sites like dollyhair or retrodolls. You will have to spend money in order to purchase replacement hair and you could end up requiring multiple colours. You should balance out whether paying for a replacement tail is worth while or whether selling the pony in her current condition will make you the same money. 

Could not have said it better myself :) Great advice here!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glitchie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 07:33:01 PM »
I know I need some new tails as I have some ponies without, such as Blossom and Sparkler (lavender) and Bowtie (pink) as for others I'm pretty good without.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:55:23 AM »
I know I need some new tails as I have some ponies without, such as Blossom and Sparkler (lavender) and Bowtie (pink) as for others I'm pretty good without.

Well if you still wish to purchase new tails, you should either post a wanted ad over in the Wanted Forum to see if anyone has any old tails for sale or you could look into making your own replacements - here are the most popular websites for buying replacement hair.

http://www.dollyhair.com/main.htm
http://retrodollsus.weebly.com/
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 12:14:14 PM »
Just so you know, I have MOC ponies with uneven tails. Hasbro goofed up from time to time, either cutting one half shorter, or putting them in crooked.... Myself being a super picky collector I don't mind tails uneven at the ends. :)

If you are simply wishing to make money, I wouldn't do anything beyond wiping a pony down to remove surface dirt. People will buy them even with missing tails if a price is right. Some prefer doing the fixing/cleaning themselves... (As a buyer, I avoid restored ponies. I only buy them with factory sealed heads, original paint/hair/parts even if they are less then perfect. I even prefer to do the cleaning myself too.)

As a seller, the only ponies I take the time to really preen before selling are valuable ones, Otherwise I'd be working for pennies an hour. lol.

If fixing is a hobby for you though, then fix away. :D

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:23:04 PM by FantasticFirefly »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal