collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hot Topic :muffin: Pony: Scarred?  (Read 939 times)

Offline DarthEquus

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • THE BRONY SITH LORD
    • View Profile
Hot Topic :muffin: Pony: Scarred?
« on: November 09, 2012, 11:31:14 PM »
Hello.

I got a couple :muffin: Pony vinyl toys from Hot Topic as an early Christmas present for myself and another person.

I am not sure if this is the way the first wave came, but I discovered several imperfections on the figures that leave me less than satisfied. I see plastic "shavings", black spots, and finishes that remind me of burn scars. Is this normal? Or maybe they are skimping on quality to meet demand? (Please see attached pictures)

I may need to return them soon. Your opinions?

(On the thigh and right below the wing) visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Right of the eye socket:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ear: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Shoulder: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Neck. Not the brown stuff, that's just a cardboard shaving. I mean what looks like pustules or a vampire bite scar.
"King Sombra's Royal Thesaurus: Improve your vocabulary in 10 easy lessons. 15th revised edition." -Book found in Quarter Island, Adventure of the Lunarbolts.

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Topic :muffin: Pony: Scarred?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 12:00:26 AM »
My observation is that a lot of us have had issues with the quality of these guys. I have Rainbow Dash and Bubbles and both have little marks here and there. The paint jobs also aren't the best.

The black spots can probably be removed, but it ultimately comes up to whether or not you're okay with your toys having these marks. Are those actual dents in the plastic on your ponies? I don't think mine have that.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 03:37:07 AM »
There have been a couple of threads on this recently. I did think from the Funko items I collect [Peanuts] that the finish was good. However, apparently it is actually pretty standard of them as a manufacturer that their items have imperfections. I guess for the price and size of the item there will be issues - personally unless I am paying significant amounts of money for something like this which is being mass produced, I find that there is a level of damage you have to expect. :(
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 05:23:24 AM »
The vinyl texture looks like burn marks/oily usually, but I think the "bites" in the arm are worth an exchange imo.

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 08:20:30 AM »
looks just like my :muffin: Pony honesty. I wiped her down with a magic eraser and that seemed to help
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 09:13:56 AM »
You can return it if you want but they've been selling out quickly at Hot Topic stores so you might not be able to exchange for another.  Also, all the Funko figures have these quality issues, so you won't be able to get one without those flaws anyway.  A lot of the "swirly" marks are what happens when you pour vinyl into a mold and let it cool.  :-p

Be sure that you inspect the figure closely before you get another one to be sure it has the least amount of flaws that you will be dissatisfied with.  After all, the box is easy to see the pony through!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »
I bet most of them are like that. Stuff seems to have not the best of quality these days. Its up to you if you want to keep it or not. 

BerryPunch

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 12:50:21 PM »
My :muffin: Pony has some black dots all around the top of her tail. Good thing that's the only blemish.  >_<

pineapple

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 01:44:56 PM »
If you check out my review it seems to be par for the course with these figures.  Frankly I expected better because the Funko POP! lines look a lot better, but I still really like the sculpt.  :muffin: Pony fares a lot better than Dash does, her hair is FULL of paint smears and errors.

The 2nd run 7 bubble version appears to have the same quality issues.

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 02:25:44 PM »
Is it much worse than the marks/indentations on the brushables?  I know a lot of people were here posted some pretty bad quality issues with their Fan Favorites pack.

And as a side note, if they make ONE MORE version of :muffin: Pony/ Ditzy Doo that is NOT a regular sized brushable, I will throw a tantrum!!!
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline DarthEquus

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • THE BRONY SITH LORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 06:43:29 PM »
Thank you all for the advice and responses.

PonyRN, it's just about the same as the issues with the Nightmare Moon set.
"King Sombra's Royal Thesaurus: Improve your vocabulary in 10 easy lessons. 15th revised edition." -Book found in Quarter Island, Adventure of the Lunarbolts.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal